Sea World-Career Camp

Hi! My daughter went to the June 7-12th residential career camp for 7-9th graders. She said it was the best week of her life. When I picked her up on Saturday morning she wanted to stay for another week. They spent the first night at the Wild Artic exhibit by the polar bears, 3 nights at Residence Inn (only 2 in a room so each had their own bed) and the last night was spent at the dolphin exhibit. My daughter is very interested in Sea Lions and was thrilled that they got to talk to one of the Seaworld Sea Lion Trainers. She did not know any of the other campers whe she arrived, but left with friends from many states as well as Puerto Rico and England. She can't wait to go to the career camp for the high schoolers!

Thanks so much for posting! We are getting close to my daughter's session and posts like yours help relax this nervous mum!

Hey I am going to the Orlando Career Camp at Seaworld this summer of 2011. What should i expect to do there? And also if anyone has any suggestions on things to bring. I am curious if campers actually get up close and are interactive with the animals there. Any feed back would be appreciated!

Hi, I am a female freshamn in high school, and I was thinking about going to the Orlando resident camp this summer(2011) My parents are still discussing it but I have a few questions. I'm not a very social person, so I was a little worried about being comfortable with all new people. I wanted to try and talk to someone who has gone before and is going again this summer. If I do go it would be either June 6-11 or June 13-18, but we arent sure yet. If you want to contact me you can email me. Any information would be useful, because I really couldn't find much online. Thanks :goodvibes

Can someone tell me if they meet at the gates or do they meet somewhere in the airport. I really would like to send my DD(14) but have always wondered about this.

If the airline that your daughter is flying on considers her to be an unaccompanied minor (usually extra fee involved), a SeaWorld staff member will meet her at the gate. That's the way traveling as an unaccompanied minor works -- an adult does gate drop off and another adult does gate pick up.

If the airline considers her to be an adult (You are an adult on Southwest starting at age 12), then she need to take the monerail and go to the SeaWorld giftshop where camp staff will meet up with her, collect her luggage, etc. Note: You can accompany her to the gate on your end. When she is checking in, just ask if you can have a gate pass. They will give gate passes to any parents who are dropping off or picking up their children who are under 18, no questions asked.

My son flew to Orlando at age 13 (on Southwest, so he was considered to be an adult) and had no problem at all meeting up with staff at the SeaWorld gift shop. I made sure he had a charged cell phone and that I had my cell in hand around landing time in case he had any problems. He just followed the crowd, and it's very easy to get to the SeaWorld giftshop. The Orlando camp is really organized and very well run.

He went to the San Diego camp last year and will be in the High School age group and go to Orlando again next summer.

Hey I am going to the Orlando Career Camp at Seaworld this summer of 2011. What should i expect to do there? And also if anyone has any suggestions on things to bring. I am curious if campers actually get up close and are interactive with the animals there. Any feed back would be appreciated!

Hi, I went to the Orlando camp two years ago and was 13 and the San Antonio camp last year. I'll be going to the Orlando one again next summer.

Good things to bring are: A sleeping bag (two nights you sleep in the park -- Wild Artic one night and Dolphin underwater viewing area one night), cell phone, camera, ipod (don't bring a laptop), swimsuit and water walking shoes (You go to Discovery Cove one day and Aquatica one day) // They will give you a list of all this when you register.

There were lots on animal interactions. This might not be the case next summer, but when I went two years ago on the last day we got to jump in the water at the Shamu Stadium in a pool by some of the Killer Whales. There was a gate between the campers and the whales. A trainer supervises the whole time. It was awesome, but cold. We got to pet a King Penguin. We went to Discovery Cove and had a short dolphin ride. We got to talk to trainers behind the scenes, prepare food for the marine mammals, etc.

I definately recommend signing up.

Hi, I am a female freshamn in high school, and I was thinking about going to the Orlando resident camp this summer(2011) My parents are still discussing it but I have a few questions. I'm not a very social person, so I was a little worried about being comfortable with all new people. I wanted to try and talk to someone who has gone before and is going again this summer. If I do go it would be either June 6-11 or June 13-18, but we arent sure yet. If you want to contact me you can email me. Any information would be useful, because I really couldn't find much online. Thanks :goodvibes

I'm a freshman in High School too and will be going again next summer. SeaWorld camp is awesome. I totally recommend going. You'll make plenty of friends. Everyone loves marine mammals so that gives you something in common with other campers right away.

Hi, I finally got my parents to agree to let me go, but it's already mid March, is it too late to sign up? I really wanted to go this summer but if it's too late I guess I'll just have to wait a year! :sad2:

The website still lists all the dates as available. My DD will be going to the June 20th week. She can't wait to go back!

I'm signed up for the Wild Florida trip, August 12-21 2011. Anyone else going that date?

My daughter (10th grade next year) will be going to the career camp June 13-18 and would love to meet someone to talk about it before she gets there.
Anyone out there sending their daughter the same date?

im going that same week in 2011

im going june 13 to 18 and im in 9th going to 10th

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter