• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sea World eats since Bimini is closed??

iloveokw

DIS Veteran
We really enjoyed Bimini Bay the last time we were at Sea World. Now that they have closed - and I don't want to eat with Sharks or Shamu - what do you suggest. Thanks.

Try the Smoky Creek Grill for some great BBQ ribs. The AB Hospitality Center has some good sandwiches.

Why don't you want to eat with the sharks?

The food in Sharks Underwater Grill is EXCELLENT. (At least the entrees are. I found the appetizers and desserts less than thrilling.) Expensive though for Orlando.

Still, on balance (and if you stick to the entrees) the food is on a level with Mythos -- and coming from me that's high praise indeed.

Really, like Mythos? I am impressed then...

I will second the sandwiches at the Hospitality Center, a 1/2 of them was good for me.

Good sandwiches, free beer... what can I say?

Originally posted by kellymonaghan
Why don't you want to eat with the sharks?

The food in Sharks Underwater Grill is EXCELLENT. (At least the entrees are. I found the appetizers and desserts less than thrilling.) Expensive though for Orlando.

Still, on balance (and if you stick to the entrees) the food is on a level with Mythos -- and coming from me that's high praise indeed.

Kelly,
We were thinking about dining either with the sharks or with Shamu sometime...do you have any menu info you can post at all from either or both? :)

You know if the Sharks Underwater Grill is on par with Mythos, then we HAVE to try it! ;)

Karen :smooth:

I was just at SW last week. Watch those prices at the Sharks grill, it's not cheap. $16-26 entrees. The menu had some good stuff like filet mignon, though.

Mythos is at Islands of Adventure (the 2nd park at Universal Florida)
It's a very nice sit-down restaurant overlooking the lagoon.

I asked the manager to send me the menu. He said he would, but he didn't come through.

I'll be down in a couple of weeks and will definitely get it then, even if I have to copy it by hand. (The menus are very fancy and too expensive to let people walk off with.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter