• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sea World observations from 4/21

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
Just a few things from a Sunday visit.

1.) Journey to Atlantis now has a single rider line. When the wait was 0 minutes first thing in the morning, there was no single rider line. When the wait was 45 minutes later, the single rider line opened. I think it took about 15-20 minutes for some people to get on through single riders. The line winds you around the main queue and goes past the gift shop.

2.) Sea World seems to be very extensive in searching bags. I had to open every zipper and pocket on my fanny pack.

3.) Kraken and JTA opened at 9 am.

4.) In Clyde and Seamore, it was the first time I've seen a female Slappy and Robin Plunder. I've seen a female Capt. Squid, but that's it. I've never seen a female mime, though.

5.) There is no observation area to see the Wild Arctic simulator anymore.

6.) It was hot! :)

Interesting Barry.. come to think of it, I couldn't see the simulator either in August... thought I was looking at the wrong thing.. but I didn't see it either...

Single Rider for JTA.. very nice

I had a female Captain on one of our shows, but not a female Slappy either... I'd love to see a female mime! (That would be hysterical!)

Seaworld very extensive in searching bags? Note to self: keep all my snacks in the car then.

Thanks for the observations. I'll be there Sun 04/28/02.

Glad they added the single rider line to JTA, it will help.

Now, if we can just get them to start Kraken with 2 trains in the morning, and allow exit re-rides, I'll be happy.

Just got back, spent Saturday afternoon at SWF 04/27/02.

Single rider line on JTA worked and saved me alot of time. You walk around the gift shop to the front of the queue and wait for a single seat to become available. The normal wait would have been about 20 minutes, but I walked right up and got on.

I did get a couple exit re-rides on Kraken. It was about 4pm, wait time was 20 minutes, I was by myself. I went for the 2nd row and a seat was open in the front, I got it. Then as I was exiting, noone took my seat, so I walked back into the train, sat down, and rode again. You should have seen the people looking at me in the front seat line, they we're jealous. After that I rode in the 4th row and that's when the ride op said I'd have to go around, which I gladly said ok to. I guess you got a bad ride op the day you showed up Barry, especially if the train was empty.

Stayed for the Shamu Rocks American show at the end of the night. Awesome show, it's different from the one you see in the day time. They play music that really gets the crowd going.

The Shark exhibit is still walled off. I looked at it from up above in the sky tower ride. Appears like they have alot more work to do.

We were there on 4/24 and while I didn't investigate it, I swear I only saw Kraken running twice the whole day.

We did go on JOA (which is great when it's hot and you want to cool off!) and the 15 minutes or so that we were in line, I didn't see Kraken running once. I don't know if it was broken, or if nobody wanted to ride it :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter