Sea World- where do I start???

Embel

Mouseketeer
I am a crazy Disney planner & enjoy the months leading up to a trip almost as much as the trip itself. We go every year & we know our way all around, so we could wing it...but where's the fun in that?

Anway, we just decided to surprise the kids (ages 7,6 & 2) with a day at Sea World on our next trip, which is in one month! Help! I know NOTHING about Sea World. I'm having panic attacks. Where do I start? What should we do there? Where should we eat? Should I go early, or go late & stay at night?

Is it hard to get in to feed the Dolphins if you wait until mid afternoon?

Any help, suggestions, etc. would be so greatly appreciated.

I have nothing to offer, but I'm in the same boat so I figured I'd subscrie to the thread and hope someone answers!

We are doing a quick trip to Seaworld for the first time as well and would love to read replies!

Lisa

WOW - I am feelingthe same way - huge Disney planner (no need to because we go every year also) but love to. We are going to Sea World and US next month for the first time and same questions.

When is it best to go (Kids 6,4,3)? My kids can not do all day and night. Should we go at opening and leave early or go late and stay into the night? I love night time at Disney is Sea World cool like Disney at night - Any special shows at night to hit?

HELP:confused3

Maybe we can all help each other!

So far I am leaning toward calling a cab from Mears to take us to SW in the morning. We are staying at the POP, and I think it will be around $25. We can use the time saved to eat a big breakfast because the one thing I am seeing over & over is complaints about the CS restaurants at SW.

The show schedule for Sept isn't out yet, so I need to wait for that.

I know that I can buy tickets online at the SW website for the children's price. Are there any other codes that anyone knows about?

Thanks, and good luck with your own planning!

We went to SW on Memorial Day weekend and got there around 9:10am (park opened at 9). We were able to park really close and didn't have to wait at all for Kraken (rode it 3 times in a row). The wait for Atlantis was still short after that (about 10 minutes). I think the first show that day wasn't until 10:30, so we were able to get the rides out of the way first and concentrate on shows and exhibits the rest of the day. If you're not interested in the rides, you may want to get in line and do the 1st dolphin feeding of the day. It's usually about 15 minutes after the park opens, but go ahead and get in line for the fish. I hear it's best to do this early in the day before the dolphins get cranky from people taunting them.

In my experience, CS dining in SW is horrendous. The lines were at least 30-45 minutes long. Shamu stadium has some CS food at the base of the stadium and the lines weren't that long. We went there and got some lunch to eat while waiting for Believe to start. It saved time for other attractions and gave us something to do while waiting for the show to start (we had to get there 1 hour ahead of time due to holiday crowds).

Another tip - splash zones don't get you too wet in Blue Horizons or Clyde & Seymour, but they get you SOAKED during Believe.

We've never stayed for the night shows, so sorry I can't help with that. Have a great time!

Hi everyone,

Our family has been to SeaWorld quite a bit in the last two yrs and this is our general opinion:

1. Hit the big 3 shows: Cycle and Seamore(our favorite), Believe and Blue Horizon. When you go in the park, take a map with show times and plan accordingly.

2. Do some of the great activities in between shows such as feed the dolphins (check time), the mata ray pool, shark encounter, penguins, sea lions etc.

3. If your kids are old enough to ride Kraken and Journey to Atlantis, try to do it when some of the big 3 shows are on.

4. Try to fit in Pets Ahoy, Odyssey if you have time.

5. If the night shows are still available(usually only during summer), I would definitely not miss Sea Lions at night and Shamu Rocks.

These are the general recommendations, If you have any more specific questions please post or search the board.

Enjoy

We were thinking of doing a trip the week before Memorial day 2009, we would leave the area 2 days before memorial day, hoping it won't be too crazy. Anyway, we have never been to SW, so any input you have is appreciated, and I am learning a lot here, so thanks!;)

Posting to subscribe. Another WDW planner looking at a day at SW during a January trip. I'm wondering at the attendance levels and shows open during January off-season.

You can also get the show times around 2 weeks in advance off the Seaworld website to help you plan.

I'd suggest that you plan before you get there so you have a good idea of what you want to see and show times. Generally the shows are around 20-30 minutes each, allow at least 30 minutes to get from one show to another, and consider arriving at least 15 minutes before each show.

Also note that Clyde and Seamore have a "warm-up" on before the main show starts, so may be worth arriving there a little earlier.

Enjoy.

Sea World requires less planning. Relax. The one thing you need to look at, previously mentioned is the show schedule to create a sequence of shows that allows you to see what you want to see.

A little planning is required since the show times while staggered...in some cases do overlap or do not provide enoough time to make it to another show.

Remember walking time and arriving 15-30 minutes in advance to have a greater choice in seating. Allow greater time if the show is a main attraction show.

Some shows have designated SPLASH ZONES (up close seating)...adds a level of excitement for the family. You can buy or bring a poncho or just try your luck.

We are spending a day at Sea World too in Feb 2009. Veteran Disney planner, newbie SW planner haha. I am also trying to plan our day especially where to eat. I am checking out Sharks underwater grill. Don't know much about it. Any other decent places to have sit down meal?:surfweb:

I've heard the CS there isn't the best. I have heard good things about the Dine with Shamu or Backstage at Believe. Only thing I see wrong with them is Backstage is no whale guarantee and you are kind of rushed to eat. Dine is more of an early dinner/late lunch. But if you plan out a big breakfast or really early lunch like we are, we are going to hit Dine so we can meet the trainers and see some of the whales up close. :thumbsup2

I too am an avid Disney planner. The hours for our April trip just came out so now I have to pick a day to go to Seaworld. Is there a way to see historically what days are not as busy as the others?

think i'll be subscribing to this thread too. off to orlando late dec early jan and plan on our first day in orlando to go direct to SW (29 dec) and am planning to go back for a 2nd day a few days later -- is there plenty to do to cover 2 days or could it all be done in 1? i believe SW is open til 10pm on 29 dec - do you think there will be an evening show?

anyone done the makahiki dinner show?

A previous poster had it so right, Seaworld takes WAY less planning,so relax. It can be done in a day or day and a half.
-Check out the show times at seaworld.com and have some sort of schedule based on the show times.
-Cannot comment on the dinner show or behind the scenes meals but if the CS is any indication, skip it. The food is medioucre at best and is basically the same everywhere. Also, its basically cafeteria style where you get a tray and pick things as you go.
-Shows are at thw whim of the animals. Not all go off as planned. If Shamu isnt in the mood for the 2:20 show the trainers try and coax them into it but its not unheard of to basically cancel the show after a 15 minute swim aroudn with the music.
-There are very few rides so at the wrong times the lines can be kind of long. Happy Harbor rides usually have short wait times but the ride time is short as well.
-oh, and most importantly, dont forget the hospitality tent and getting your pic with a clydesdale. Bud samples are nice and cold and the stables are very close by.

A previous poster had it so right, Seaworld takes WAY less planning,so relax. It can be done in a day or day and a half.
-Check out the show times at seaworld.com and have some sort of schedule based on the show times.
-Cannot comment on the dinner show or behind the scenes meals but if the CS is any indication, skip it. The food is medioucre at best and is basically the same everywhere. Also, its basically cafeteria style where you get a tray and pick things as you go.
-Shows are at thw whim of the animals. Not all go off as planned. If Shamu isnt in the mood for the 2:20 show the trainers try and coax them into it but its not unheard of to basically cancel the show after a 15 minute swim aroudn with the music.
-There are very few rides so at the wrong times the lines can be kind of long. Happy Harbor rides usually have short wait times but the ride time is short as well.
-oh, and most importantly, dont forget the hospitality tent and getting your pic with a clydesdale. Bud samples are nice and cold and the stables are very close by.

Thanks for the info. DH & I went to SW in 1998 and I really don't remember too much of it. I know the kids will love to see the Dolphins and are real excited about going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter