• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sea World with 1 year old?

jgirl31

Earning My Ears
Has anyone visited Sea World w/a 1 year old? I'm concerned the attractions are all rides that he will not be able to participate in. Looking for attractions we can walk through and view.

Any advice or direction if Sea World is a good idea w/an infant?

Thanks in advance!

We did Sea World when dd was 16 months (I know, slightly older) but she had a blast! Lots of stuff to see and do. What we did was had one of us go with our sons to get a spot, then the other took dd and changed her diaper or got her a drink or let her run around a bit, and then came in right before show time. I had such wonderful memories of sea world as a child that I really wanted to take the kids. It's a place I recommend frequently now to friends who have children (or family members) of various ages.

I did SeaWorld with a one year old. He loved it. Most of the things to see were walk up or shows to sit and watch. He did great. Have a good time!

We have Sea World APs. My youngest is 22 months, but he's been going basically since birth. Of course, he does not meet the height requirements for Kraken, Atlantis or at the Polar Bears. For the Polar Bears, we go to the stationary seat and watch the film instead of the simulator. He really enjoys the pet show and the dolphin show.

the only thing that i found to be a real challenge w/ our youngest at 10 mo for our last trip was carrying her around through the exhibits like the Penguins & Sharks, which do not allow strollers. she was big for our bjorn carrier & not yet walking.

this year, she'll be 22 mo. & i think we'll still have a similar challenge w/ the walk-through exhibits. now she's walking but that can prove to be difficult as she likes to go one way as we go the other. plus, she doesn't like to get in & out of her stroller, which we do a lot of at all of the theme parks.

i'm not even sure this year how she'll do w/ the shows - waiting for them to start, sitting still, etc. we'll see.

good luck!

Jenny said:
the only thing that i found to be a real challenge w/ our youngest at 10 mo for our last trip was carrying her around through the exhibits like the Penguins & Sharks, which do not allow strollers. she was big for our bjorn carrier & not yet walking.

this year, she'll be 22 mo. & i think we'll still have a similar challenge w/ the walk-through exhibits. now she's walking but that can prove to be difficult as she likes to go one way as we go the other. plus, she doesn't like to get in & out of her stroller, which we do a lot of at all of the theme parks.

i'm not even sure this year how she'll do w/ the shows - waiting for them to start, sitting still, etc. we'll see.

good luck!

When we went to WDW w/our 13 month old, I purchased a sling for the first time. I knew we'd have issues at EPCOT w/the stroller, and I also knew that standing in lines was going to be a challenge, that she'd want to be held all the time. She was too old for our snugli, too small for the backpack type carrier (which, to me is also inconvenient.) OMG, I wish I had purchased it way sooner (this was child no. 3 by that point!) It was the best. When she was wide awake I had her facing out looking at everything. And when she seemed a bit sleepy, I had her facing in towards me. My non-stroller-sleeping child slept snuggled up against me quite a few times that trip. Now, that's one of the first things I buy a new mom, with a note to explain why.

i think Zoemakes5's recommendation for a sling is a great one & wish i had done it when my kids were younger. my 20 mo. old DD is about 28 lbs so any type of carrier would drive me nuts. my SIL has a sling is swears by it. it really makes sense to have the baby across your body that way & not directly in front or leaning on your back. it definitely helps to have the baby in some type of carrier while in lines, going through indoor exhibits, etc. i learned my lesson.

Great post - we are also considering brining our 14 month old to SW. This will be her 3rd trip to WDW, but we weren't sure if we should wait for SW since DH and I had nver been there before, we didn't know what to expect.

ANy more tips would be appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter