Season Of The Force 2024

Pluto468

DIS Veteran
This looks really cool! I'm especially interested in the Galaxy's Edge fireworks with the Star Wars music, and I want that cookie.

"Can you sense the draw of its unmistakable energy? The limited-time Season of the Force will land at Disneyland park very soon, April 5 through June 2, 2024!

We previously teased that Season of the Force will feature limited-time offerings, plus new experiences to continue your Star Wars story at Disneyland Resort. Today, we’re sharing more details on what to expect – including a new nighttime experience in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, along with food, merchandise and more! "

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...neyland-resort/?CMP=SOC-DPFY24Q2wo0307240013F

I am super curious to see how the fireworks situation works out. Especially since there will be two different firework shows playing during that time frame.
No, just one. The Disneyland fireworks have always been visible from Batuu. As the blog story says, the new offering will be "a nighttime experience that debuts a different view of the stunning Disneyland park fireworks display, with musical accompaniment." [my emphasis]

No, just one. The Disneyland fireworks have always been visible from Batuu. As the blog story says, the new offering will be "a nighttime experience that debuts a different view of the stunning Disneyland park fireworks display, with musical accompaniment." [my emphasis]
Wondrous Journeys March 22- April 14, Together Forever April 26- Aug 4. I realize the fireworks have always been visible from Batuu, but I’m wondering how they will sync up the music with the fireworks when one soundtrack is playing at the castle and another is playing in Galaxy’s Edge.

I realize the fireworks have always been visible from Batuu, but I’m wondering how they will sync up the music with the fireworks when one soundtrack is playing at the castle and another is playing in Galaxy’s Edge.
Why would it be difficult for a music director to design playlists for Batuu that sync with the fireworks?

I’ll be there for the first few days of this. Exciting! I’ve never been on Hyperspace Mountain. I’m hoping with Genie+ I can ride it on April 5.

Wondering how crowded fireworks will be that first day.

Why would it be difficult for a music director to design playlists for Batuu that sync with the fireworks?

It's really not! I'm no musical director, but I was a video editor for a bit, and we sometimes had to pull the original music off of a video and replace it with another track and even a fairly inexperienced editor can do that. You just pinpoint the rhythms of the existing material and the big moments and edit your music around that. I'm sure it's a fairly similar process for whoever will be putting the music together for this.

I mean, they sort of did that for New Year's 2020. We watched the midnight fireworks from Batuu and they had different music to go with it (it was basically the Cantina playlist with a few tweaks). It wasn't terribly synced, but it was "good enough" for us! On a side note they moved the viewing area from near the Falcon to near the Tie Echelon due to a wind shift that night, so that might be something to watch out for.

I mean, they sort of did that for New Year's 2020. We watched the midnight fireworks from Batuu and they had different music to go with it (it was basically the Cantina playlist with a few tweaks). It wasn't terribly synced, but it was "good enough" for us! On a side note they moved the viewing area from near the Falcon to near the Tie Echelon due to a wind shift that night, so that might be something to watch out for.
Ah, I didn't know that Disneyland had previously done Batuu-specific fireworks music. Cool.

Two things I do know:
• Disney has some of the best music people in the world.
• They wouldn't have announced this if they didn't already know how to do it.

Am I the only one excited about Mando, Andor and Ashoka being added to Star Tours?

Seems like a pretty big update to an "older" ride

Definitely not! There was a lot of excitement in another thread around here a couple weeks ago.

I love that they can keep Star Tours fresh now even after all these years. It's very fun to have a ride that you can ride multiple times in a day and possibly get a different experience each time. And all three shows were great, so I'm excited to see what they use from them.

I've been going on that ride my whole life, and right before they announced it was getting the first huge update, my best friend and I were on it like, "I love it so much, but also... it needs updates." And then it was like 2 days later that Disney announced it was getting an overhaul.

The "Star Wars sugar cookie" is pretty, but I sure hope the full food list doesn't overlook the opportunity to have a Wookie cookie...
Oh, are the Wookie cookies not always available at Batuu West like they are at Hollywood Studios?
This IG post from Dec 2023 has a photo of a different-looking one allegedly from DLR. (I say allegedly because some people are casual about saying "Disneyland" when they mean WDW.)
https://www.instagram.com/jollypoppins7/p/C1bG3ioLBsw/?img_index=1

Are there any particularly good spots for watching fireworks in Batuu? "Good" can encompass ideas such as "low crowding," "spectacular views," or "ease of exit when fireworks end." Or something else you like that I'm not thinking of!

Are there any particularly good spots for watching fireworks in Batuu? "Good" can encompass ideas such as "low crowding," "spectacular views," or "ease of exit when fireworks end." Or something else you like that I'm not thinking of!
I've only ever watched the fireworks from the designated viewing area that they had taped out on that one new year's eve. It was originally by the Falcon, but they moved it to near the Tie Echelon due to winds.

A cast member I spoke with, however, said that he likes to take in the fireworks from the path that goes by ROTR and the resistance outpost (near the X-wing etc) He said it was less crowded and still a good view. Take that with a grain of salt since I had that conversation prior to ROTR opening. YMMV. https://attractionsmagazine.com/wp-...to-Credit-Samantha-Davis-Friedman-620x465.jpg

Most folks say near the Falcon gives the best views. There are videos on youtube that show that vantage point.

1) Hyper Space mountain went down after 15 mins of parking opening and attraction is still closed
2) ROTR never opened and is still down

It's a fine addition. So here is the thing the actual thing you do with this new scene is meh, but the interactions with Ashoka R2 and C3P0 is super cute and the Easter eggs of Chopper and Huyang during the transmission part is great love it....but no Idea why Mando and especially the Eye from Andor was skipped for what is basically a basic dog fight between the space whales.

Also Saw the Mando Transmission version....its cute and uses the 3D well

Also I could be wrong but think they did add a new ending as well with a Tantive IV (the ship beinfg attacked at the start of a new hope)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter