Seasonal Pass Question

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
Is there a reason to "keep an eye" on sales related to a Seasonal Pass? Totally new to UO and want to make sure we don't miss out on anything. Pretty committed to getting this pass since we can use it twice for two November trips and hope for hotel discounts. Don't know if there are ever promotions to look out for on this level of pass. Thanks!

Right now they have a promo where you get 3 extra months for free. 15 month pass. Promo ends 3/31/21.

The extra 3 months is really the only promo I remember seeing for APs. We've been to Universal over Thanksgiving the last 2 years on our APs, though it was only possible because of the 3 month extension we got because of the Covid closures. It allowed us to squeeze a third trip next month over Presidents Day weekend, so we definitely got our money's worth out of this AP (15 park days total). If you can stay at a deluxe resort and get the EPs, that will make for a great trip...

Thanks! If I buy now, I can hold on to them until the trip, right? Start date would be 11/5/2021. I can't even imagine though being able to go those following three months, especially with the blackout dates.

Sorry - one more question and this is to confirm what the UO rep told me over the phone.

Ignoring the 15 month promotion - just a regular Seasonal Pass:

If we ACTIVATE our pass on November 3rd, 2021, the LAST day we can enter the parks would be November 4th, 2022?

Thanks!

If that's what you were told, I would go with that. However, in my business (not theme park related) a one year contract would expire the day prior to the beginning date the follow year. So in your example, a one year contract that begins on Nov. 3, 2021 would expire on Nov. 2, 2022. And by "expire" I mean the last day the contract is effective is November 2, 2022.
What they told you is technically a year and 2 days.

If that's what you were told, I would go with that. However, in my business (not theme park related) a one year contract would expire the day prior to the beginning date the follow year. So in your example, a one year contract that begins on Nov. 3, 2021 would expire on Nov. 2, 2022. And by "expire" I mean the last day the contract is effective is November 2, 2022.
She said it’s 366 days. Does that math equal out?

Hmmm. Last time we had a season pass, it expired exactly 1 day BEFORE we bought it a year later...example: We purchased on Feb 2nd 2018 and it expired Feb 1 2019. The average year being 364 days, that's how long it would last- she may have given you incorrect information.

Last edited:
Verbal assurances essentially mean squat.

OP -the specifics surely have to be somewhere on their site/purchase terms. If you can’t find them, call back & ask to speak to a supervisor for clarification

Hmmm. Last time we had a season pass, it expired exactly 1 day BEFORE we bought it a year later...example: We purchased on Feb 2nd 2018 and it expired Feb 1 2019. The average year being 364 days, that's how long it would last- she may have given you incorrect information.

are you talking a purchased but not activated pass? That seems like a very quick expiry date for a voucher

No idea if U follows suit...At WDW u get until 366 days from the actual voucher activation date (Midnight/close of business if it extends into next day)

Virtually all APs purchased, in-person, at any WDW park ticket window or Guest Relations (including at DS) are activated and are "live" APs.

However, a guest CAN purchase an AP "certificate" at a WDW booth if the guest specifically asks to do so.

All APs purchased by phone, by mail or on-line are "certificates" and, therefore, NOT activated.

An AP certificate is by nature NOT activated, and will remain fresh and ready to activate up through the end of the year 2030.

However, the purchase price of the unused AP voucher is not "lost" upon expiration.

The "expired" unused voucher can be turned in and its original purchase price can be applied to the purchase of a current AP voucher, live AP or other WDW ticket.

Verbal assurances essentially mean squat.

OP -the specifics surely have to be somewhere on their site/purchase terms. If you can’t find them, call back & ask to speak to a supervisor for clarification

are you talking a purchased but not activated pass? That seems like a very quick expiry date for a voucher

No idea if U follows suit...At WDW u get until 366 days from the actual voucher activation date (Midnight/close of business if it extends into next day)

Virtually all APs purchased, in-person, at any WDW park ticket window or Guest Relations (including at DS) are activated and are "live" APs.

However, a guest CAN purchase an AP "certificate" at a WDW booth if the guest specifically asks to do so.

All APs purchased by phone, by mail or on-line are "certificates" and, therefore, NOT activated.

An AP certificate is by nature NOT activated, and will remain fresh and ready to activate up through the end of the year 2030.

However, the purchase price of the unused AP voucher is not "lost" upon expiration.

The "expired" unused voucher can be turned in and its original purchase price can be applied to the purchase of a current AP voucher, live AP or other WDW ticket.
Thanks - I will certainly ensure we don't screw up anything when we eventually go. If we go into the parks on our arrival day, it will really mess things up for a year after trip. That one day means a lot. I'm really hoping its 366 days as she said. Gives us a day wiggle room to fly in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter