Seasonal Questions

princess-smc

Earning My Ears
I will be going back to work for a couple of days at DisneyWorld for the first time since my college program. How will I get into work since I don't have an ID? Will I get my ID before my shift? Also, if I plan to stay in a Disney hotel will I get my ID in time to get the cast member hotel discount?

Thanks for your help!

I will be going back to work for a couple of days at DisneyWorld for the first time since my college program. How will I get into work since I don't have an ID? Will I get my ID before my shift? Also, if I plan to stay in a Disney hotel will I get my ID in time to get the cast member hotel discount?

Thanks for your help!

First things first you need to talk to one of your managers and MAKE SURE that they send an email to access control. Some managers make sure you schedule a shift before they do this, some do not. As soon as you get into town you need to go directly to Access controll first so that you can get your seasonal id to check in the hotel and then use to get to work...hope this helps! Any questions send me a PM

I've never done this, but I'm pretty sure if you call access control and your hotel there's a way for your ID to be waiting for you at the hotel :)

how many hours/days do you have to work in order to maintain your seasonal status for the entertainment dept.?

I've never done this, but I'm pretty sure if you call access control and your hotel there's a way for your ID to be waiting for you at the hotel :)

that's be great if they really do it...but that is news to me

what i did this go round, because my flight comes in at 1 AM, I called and asked to speak to the front desk. explained that i am a seasonal cast member coming in after hours for access control
I was told it would not be a problem and that I could come in with my ID the next morning. I also made sure to mention to them that I do understand the possibility of my rate changing without ID...just so they knew I understood how it all works.
They were very helpful about it all. Try to get the name of who you spoke to and see if they can note it too on your reservation the situation, just to cover all your bases.

I actually went through the whole escapade yesterday (!), it's actually relatively simple (well, the Disney part was, the 12 hours in the arirport/ on planes wasn't :P ).

As long one of your leaders sends an email off to access control, you'll be able to pick up an ID without any problems. If your status is now CT, you will be taking a photo (so keep that in mind). Otherwise you may or may not be taking a photo (depends if your leader sends an expiration date [which gets you a white ID] or not). As far as ID delivery to your resorts, I've never heard of that before and kind of doubt it. You have to show government issued photo identification anytime a new ID is made up, which wouldn't really be possible in this case.

You are supposed to show your ID upon check-in at Disney resorts, but as noted above you can try to do so without it. I would highly suggest attempting this earlier in the day- if for whatever reason it doesn't work, you'd still have time to go to access control and get your ID. If you're utilizing Disney's Magical Express (and won't have a car), the best way to get to DU is to take Disney Transport to MK -> CR, then continuing via cab ($10) or foot (not sure if they really allow this).

Finally, if you still have your expired CP white ID, bring it with you. All other TWDC IDs need to be turned in before getting your next ID, else you'll be accessed a $30 'lost ID' fee.

As far as hourly requirements for seasonal cast, it seems to vary. I tried getting a straight fast answer out of casting, but didn't get much. You'll have the best luck by talking to your own leadership.

what determines whether i get a white expiration ID or a different one?

Two things- basically your current status, and what your leaders send to access control (if they say that you only need access through (x), then (x) is your ID's expiration date. If there's no mention, then it's all about your current status.

Most seasonal cast likely get a red ID. If you don't for whatever reason, just mention to access control that you would like to utilize certain discounts and such as a seasonal cast member in your area (like the Disney Store, etc). This reasoning worked for my friend, no problem.

As far as I know, and this is pretty much a universal thing based on peoples' experience that I know of that have returned for seasonal, the only REQUIREMENT is that you work ONE shift per year. I have worked one shift and been seasonal, and it was only a 6 hour shift. So, whatever works I guess.... but I'm pretty sure it's just one any-length shift.

In order to keep your seasonal (CT) status, you must work 40 hours within a 365 day period. You can do this all at once, or spread it out over several visits.

In order to keep your training proficiencies at any area that you are trained in, you must work there at least once every 6 months.

In order to keep your seasonal (CT) status, you must work 40 hours within a 365 day period. You can do this all at once, or spread it out over several visits.

In order to keep your training proficiencies at any area that you are trained in, you must work there at least once every 6 months.

i've read so many different things in the area of keeping a seasonal status and it is possible a few of them are right, even ones that are completely opposite of each other.
I've been able to keep my seasonal status since 2004 and in one of those years was scheduled during MVMCP to hand out cookies for a 6 hour shift. Since we were so slow I took an ER and that shift kept me on CT.

Yeah, my managers told me various things when I was on my CP about the requirements to go seasonal. I heard the 40 hours a year thing, I heard once every 4 months, I heard that it just depends on whether the database "purges" you or not.

I went back about 5 months after I completed my program and worked one day. It changed me to seasonal status for the entire following year.

I really think it just depends on your area and your managers!

I actually went through the whole escapade yesterday (!), it's actually relatively simple (well, the Disney part was, the 12 hours in the arirport/ on planes wasn't :P ).

As long one of your leaders sends an email off to access control, you'll be able to pick up an ID without any problems. If your status is now CT, you will be taking a photo (so keep that in mind). Otherwise you may or may not be taking a photo (depends if your leader sends an expiration date [which gets you a white ID] or not). As far as ID delivery to your resorts, I've never heard of that before and kind of doubt it. You have to show government issued photo identification anytime a new ID is made up, which wouldn't really be possible in this case.

You are supposed to show your ID upon check-in at Disney resorts, but as noted above you can try to do so without it. I would highly suggest attempting this earlier in the day- if for whatever reason it doesn't work, you'd still have time to go to access control and get your ID. If you're utilizing Disney's Magical Express (and won't have a car), the best way to get to DU is to take Disney Transport to MK -> CR, then continuing via cab ($10) or foot (not sure if they really allow this).

Finally, if you still have your expired CP white ID, bring it with you. All other TWDC IDs need to be turned in before getting your next ID, else you'll be accessed a $30 'lost ID' fee.

As far as hourly requirements for seasonal cast, it seems to vary. I tried getting a straight fast answer out of casting, but didn't get much. You'll have the best luck by talking to your own leadership.

Im going to Disney In June for vacation with my family and we already booked a resort and paid for it and got a ticket package. Since i am attending disney college in august as a vacation planner. Do you think i can when i arrive in june get my id and use it on the hotel and tickets for my family. Basically can i get my discount?

Does anyone know if non-management PIs can pick up extra shifts/be seasonal as well?

Im going to Disney In June for vacation with my family and we already booked a resort and paid for it and got a ticket package. Since i am attending disney college in august as a vacation planner. Do you think i can when i arrive in june get my id and use it on the hotel and tickets for my family. Basically can i get my discount?

no you will get your id in in august.

Sorry Kovu! There's no way they'll issue you your ID or give you the discount til you complete Traditions when your program begins!

Unfortunately, no. You will not be employed by/eligible for any company benefits offered by Disney until you're officially hired in August. Your official hire date will likely be two days after your arrival date, after you clear your arrival background-check, post-arrival paperwork and Traditions.

I don't know if this thread is dead or not yet, but that is absolutely wrong.
It is a rumor. I, MYSELF, have for two years worked one six hour shift and kept my seasonal status.

The only way I might consider warranting your opinion is if it's not a universal thing. Meaning, if it were different in each park, each location, each division, etc...

Not trying to be rude, but that information is misleading.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter