• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seating at Hoop-De-Doo?

CaseyJr

Remember The Magic
Does anyone know how the tables are numbered? I'm trying to plan a strategy for any future trips.

On our last trip, DS (8 at the time) specifically did not want a table "on the floor" as he could enjoy the show more from a "balcony" view. I didn't think it necessary to request a "balcony" table, as I would have thought the "floor" tables would be the ones in demand. When we checked in, we had table #13, which they said was "floor." We reqested they change it (surely there was someone who really wanted "floor"). We then got table #1, which was "balcony," but was exactly even with the stage (there were empty tables next to us, so DS moved down a few seats and had his perfect view of the show!).

They assign seating based on when you made reservations for it... so first people to buy tickets, get closest seats. At least that's the rumor ;)

Maybe I didn't explain my question right. Sorry!

What I meant was how are the tables inside Pioneer Hall numbered (the layout)? Like, physically, WHERE are tables #1, #2, #3 ......., etc., etc., etc.?

This is a closely held "secret" with HDD staff. Our concierge folks have told me on more than one occasion that they have no idea how the tables are numbered and they can't even tell us what our table assignment will be for the show. The tables are assigned by HDD staff and numbered on your ticket just prior to your seating (obviously, the tables have been pre-assigned, but I mean they actually write the # on your ticket as you arrive). We've been going to HDD yearly for over 10 years now and the following is just our opinion--no one will confirm this for us. Remember, I said it was a secret. . . :)

The best we could figure was the 1st number is the row and the 2nd is the table number in that row. For example, our last table # was 12--we were the first row of tables next to the stage and the 2nd table which is located just to the right of the stage left stairs. Since you were taken to table #1 on the balcony, they must simply number them beginning on that side and following around the balcony rail.

If you wish to insure a balcony seat, and you are correct--most people do not wish to be on the shelf--make your reservations nearer in time to your arrival. Seats are definitely assigned based upon the date of your reservation in relation to your requested date of seating. We will typically make our res at least 12 months in advance and have, in the past, held one for 22 months in advance! No flying by the seat of our pants here! ;)

Thanks TESS! I guess that info helps......? Well, really, it does;)

DS ended up sitting at tables 1, 2, 3, & 4 at this particular HDD showing (they were empty, of course.) As far as he was concerned, table #3 was about the most perfect spot in the house! Even though we were "on the shelf" ( is that what you called it?), we were right THERE, had an unobstructed view, and were close enough to make eye contact with the performers!:wave2:

I agree with your theory Tess. We've been to the HDD 6 times and the first number seems to be the row and the second number the table from the side (left side facing the stage I think).

And if you want the balcony, reserve closer to your trip. If you still get the floor, ask if you can switch with some other party that is in the Balcony. I would think most parties would like to be on the floor and would be glad to trade. If that does happen, and you want to purchase the picture they took out front, make sure the other party points them in your direction. When they take your picture they put your table number on the HDD sign you sit around so they know where to find you.

I too think that your theory is correct. We were at table #14 which was right up against the stage next to the piano. First row - 4th table to the right if you are looking at the stage.::yes::

I don't think there is any logic. We have called two years prior to and ended up in the back. Also called a month before and have been up front. We have been in the back, middle and front and no logic to it. Never been upstairs. I haven't got a clue!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter