Seating at Sci-Fi Dine In

slpeters

DIS Veteran
So we are meeting up with another couple for one of our evenings at DW and it looks like that will be an evening at Hollywood Studios--dinner and Fantasmic. I have managed to score reservations for the four of us at Sci-Fi Dine In. At first I was a little reluctant because it looks like even if we sit together we won't really be sitting together but 2X2. I've decided that I'm alright with that as, frankly, we're not amazingly close and immediately following dinner we'll be doing the sort of evening walk about and then waiting for Fantasmic. So plenty of time for small talk.

The thing I am a little concerned about is that one of the other gentlemen is a bit larger. Not really fat but a big guy with a bit of a belly. He's by no means huge but the pictures I've seen of the seating at Sci-Fi seem really tight and I would hate for him to feel uncomfortable. It seems odd to me that a place that seems to specialize in big burgers, onion rings and milkshakes would be set up to make people who are moderately overweight feel uncomfortable but I just can't seem to shake that sense that I've gotten from pictures.

Can anyone confirm or deny how tight the gap between chair back and table is at Sci-Fi?

My dad and my husband are both on the bigger side and neither of them have ever had a problem fitting into the cars at Sci-Fi... fitting your food onto the teeny-tiny table is a whole different issue!

My dad and my husband are both on the bigger side and neither of them have ever had a problem fitting into the cars at Sci-Fi... fitting your food onto the teeny-tiny table is a whole different issue!

Yes, I agree with this. My DH is 6'2" and about 250 lbs. and he fits ok, but fitting the food on the little tables is not easy. Quite honestly, I'm 5'2" and on the smaller side, but I don't find Sci-Fi to be a very comfortable experience. You really can't turn around to talk with anyone. DS (who has sat with me) and I are constantly juggling our drinks, condiments on the table, etc. If someone has to go to the bathroom and they are sitting on the inside, you have to get up and let them out, etc. Yes, it's a really cool restaurant, but if would like a more physically comfortable experience, I would consider Mama Melrose or 50's.

I agree with the others that the little tables that you put the food are tiny. My brother ate there with us a few weeks ago and had no problem fitting in the booth. He's around 5'11" 300 lbs I would guess.

I agree with the others that the little tables that you put the food are tiny. My brother ate there with us a few weeks ago and had no problem fitting in the booth. He's around 5'11" 300 lbs I would guess.

I am similar size to this as well and have never had an issue. Definitely agree with everyone that it isn't a comfortable place to eat though. It isn't tight...just awkward to eat and socialize.

The plates do fit on the table, so I dont understand the problem. I've been to SciFi more times than I can count.
OP, if it makes you feel any better, you can request those regular tables within a car.

sci-fi-dine-in-theater-gallery07.jpg

4729993457_80a2d76103_o.jpg

And here is the table with food on it:

79450f28c2a79aabfd55b72e9de70894.jpg

Sure it can be a bit more spacious, but the plates fit.

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-22_9-44-3.jpeg
    upload_2017-9-22_9-44-3.jpeg
    12.6 KB · Views: 5
Just found this post and wondering how they usually seat families of 5 here if anyone knows? We have 3 kids ages 4, 8& 9. My older 2 would be fine sitting "alone" together in the front, but not so sure about my 4 year old... would she be able to sit between my husband and I or can they not put 3 in a bench?

Just found this post and wondering how they usually seat families of 5 here if anyone knows? We have 3 kids ages 4, 8& 9. My older 2 would be fine sitting "alone" together in the front, but not so sure about my 4 year old... would she be able to sit between my husband and I or can they not put 3 in a bench?
It will be tight, but you can squeeze 3 on a bench. Your best bet would probably be to put the 3 kids together, if no one wants to sit alone.

Has anyone ever eaten here with 8? How do they seat you? It looks like all the cars are for 6

Has anyone ever eaten here with 8? How do they seat you? It looks like all the cars are for 6
They split us into two groups of four and put us in neighboring cars (front two benches of each car). The cars were right next to each other so it still felt like we were all eating together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter