Seaworld 2nd day now FREE again

KBF

DIS Veteran
Good News for those visiting Seaworld. According to the theme park attractions website, screamscape.com, as of March 8th 2013 Seaworld is again offering a 2nd day free at the park with a purchase of a full price ticket.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/seaworld_florida.htm

(3/8/13) SeaWorld Orlando has brought back their old “Second Day Free” promotion for anyone who buys a full priced ticket. To get the second day ticket guests are sent to a “Vacation Experience Center"

Has anyone been and used this yet? We are going next week and would possibly go for a couple of hours on arrival night, but only if it going to be free the next day.

sleepymomof4 said:
Has anyone been and used this yet? We are going next week and would possibly go for a couple of hours on arrival night, but only if it going to be free the next day.

You can always call and verify it.

Social Worker Sue said:
I am so bummed:sad: I just bought SW tix from Undercover Tourist yesterday.

What are my chances of upgrading UCT tix to the 2nd Day Free?

Really the 2nd day free is kind of a trick with words. Cause if you buy the $79 one day pass online you can get the 2nd day for $10 at the park. Now if you buy the passes online and request 2nd day free you have to pay $89 which is gate price since you can't get both deals. So really its all in the wording that makes people think they get a 2nd day free.

sleepymomof4 said:

Not sure if you called yet but if you read my last post above this I figured something out so I am sure you can get the 2nd day free.

Really the 2nd day free is kind of a trick with words. Cause if you buy the $79 one day pass online you can get the 2nd day for $10 at the park. Now if you buy the passes online and request 2nd day free you have to pay $89 which is gate price since you can't get both deals. So really its all in the wording that makes people think they get a 2nd day free.

Thank you! :flower3:

We went to Seaworld yesterday. I already had 3 tickets I bought with credit card points. We bought 1 more at the gate kiosk and got a coupon back for a free second day. At Vacation Experiences I was able to exchange all 4 tickets for second day tickets.

Note - the coupon said you had to redeem it by 3:00. Not sure if they enforce that.

maurene said:
We went to Seaworld yesterday. I already had 3 tickets I bought with credit card points. We bought 1 more at the gate kiosk and got a coupon back for a free second day. At Vacation Experiences I was able to exchange all 4 tickets for second day tickets.

Note - the coupon said you had to redeem it by 3:00. Not sure if they enforce that.

Did you have to deal with timeshare stuff??

No. I was at the counter for 2-3 minutes max. He mentioned discounted tickets for Busch gardens and Aquatica. And then said we could get $100 for sitting through a timeshare presentation one morning at downtown disney. But he didn't ask me to schedule anything. And he was typing in the needed info for the 2nd day tickets while he was talking. He just needed our names, I think.

No. I was at the counter for 2-3 minutes max. He mentioned discounted tickets for Busch gardens and Aquatica. And then said we could get $100 for sitting through a timeshare presentation one morning at downtown disney. But he didn't ask me to schedule anything. And he was typing in the needed info for the 2nd day tickets while he was talking. He just needed our names, I think.

Interesting that it wasn't a "hard sell" kind of thing. Thanks for the info!!! Wonder if they'd have done it this way if you hadn't bought that extra ticket??? We'll have all our tickets beforehand, so I'm just wondering if the "timeshare people" will be more insistent if we already had all our tickets without a coupon to upgrade. Have you noticed this kind of transaction while you were there?

Also, the $89 cost ($81 child) is the same as the cost of the Fun Pass which gives you admission for every day of calendar year 2013. I always get confused when Florida residents who go for even one day, don't buy the fun pass.

Also, the $89 cost ($81 child) is the same as the cost of the Fun Pass which gives you admission for every day of calendar year 2013. I always get confused when Florida residents who go for even one day, don't buy the fun pass.

As I live in KY and can only take one vacation each year, this would not be a good option for me. :( If I lived in FL, then I would definitely buy this instead of worrying about the 2nd Day Free option. :P

It depends some people can only afford to go there once. And if you buy the tickets online it is $10 cheaper than gate price. If I could only go once I would just do the $89 deal with the free dining. When we lived farther down south it was hard to go there more then once. Now we live closer so its ok to do a one day trip. Just drive up and back the same day. If we had to get a hotel every time it would be just too much.

Nellas Elensar said:
Interesting that it wasn't a "hard sell" kind of thing. Thanks for the info!!! Wonder if they'd have done it this way if you hadn't bought that extra ticket??? We'll have all our tickets beforehand, so I'm just wondering if the "timeshare people" will be more insistent if we already had all our tickets without a coupon to upgrade. Have you noticed this kind of transaction while you were there?

I wondered too about not having that coupon. But I think someone could've gotten 2nd day tickets without it...my guess. The group in front of me was only there for about two minutes. I don't know if they had a coupon.

Thanks, maurene. We are not even sure if SWO is a definite this year. But, if it is, then we can probably use this info to our advantage. :)

It depends some people can only afford to go there once. And if you buy the tickets online it is $10 cheaper than gate price. If I could only go once I would just do the $89 deal with the free dining. When we lived farther down south it was hard to go there more then once. Now we live closer so its ok to do a one day trip. Just drive up and back the same day. If we had to get a hotel every time it would be just too much.

That 1-day with dining is such a great value for people only making a one day visit. I think it is only an internet purchase. But, yeah, that is a great deal. I think Busch Gardens has it too.

hydrotony said:
That 1-day with dining is such a great value for people only making a one day visit. I think it is only an internet purchase. But, yeah, that is a great deal. I think Busch Gardens has it too.

Yes they do. When I saw that we decided since we can only make it out that way once we are going to go for a day. Although I am a bit bummed cause now I am pregnant and won't be able to do my coasters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter