SeaWorld first time

hdrolfe

DIS Veteran
Hello - I just booked a March break trip for my son and I, he is super excited to go on all the coasters, I'm not keen but I do what I have to for him. I am wondering about carrying stuff in the park and going on the rides. I am used to Disney where we just take everything on the ride with us but these look a lot more intense so I don't think that will work. are there lockers for the rides or something like that? Should I just plan to not have anything to carry?

I am planning to get the all day dining, my son will be 14 and he likes to eat :) Seems the easiest way to feed him lol. He doesn't like soda/pop so I hope they have water or something as a drink option.

I am looking forward to Manta, it looks very neat, but some of the others look much more intense. I do like Rock n Rollercoaster, and can ride Everest a few times, but I am not the best with heights. I can close my eyes though so should be ok. I hope. Is there an order to go, perhaps least intense to most intense? Or maybe I'd be better off starting with the worst one and working my way to easier. I think they look "smooth" which is a good thing. I will probably get the quick queue thing because it's March break and I expect it will be busy even on the Tuesday we plan to go.

We will also be going to Aquatica, I hope, and I am looking forward to that one. Plus we'll be going to Universal for the first time. I am excited for the parks we've never been to before, but I do know how to plan a Disney trip and this is making me a little nervous. Only 6 1/2 months to go!

The coasters are definitely more intense and higher. And they are a great deal of fun! They have lockers ($) at each coaster. They also have bins next to the coasters that you can put small items (& hats) in, but they are unsecured on the ride platform. I'm cheap & distrusting so I got a little tether that hooks to my phone case, and I tie it to my belt loop on coasters so it is in my pocket but secured.

The all day dining is a good deal if you use it fully and/or get it on sale. SW does really good Black Friday deals which have included buy one get one half off the all day dining the past few years.

If you get there for opening, Manta will be the easiest to go on first and is also where the lines build quickest. You are hanging under the track, which gives a unique perspective - I love it for that reason. Good unobstructed view from any seat. If you have the quick queue it might not matter whether you hop on Manta first or not. The rides towards the back of the park might not open right when the park opens.

Kraken is a fun coaster, lots of inversions, probably the toughest of the SW coasters but really that's just because the others are so smooth! Mako is very smooth & easy to ride, but man it is high.

Journey to Atlantis is fun (it's showing its age) and you get semi-wet. Infinity Falls is really neat with different elements that I hadn't seen in a raft ride before. You may get very, somewhat, a little, or barely wet on it. Really depends on how the raft rotates/splashes. With quick queue, we did it 3x in maybe 40-50min when the wait was posted at over an hour. Didn't get as wet as we wanted the first few times (it was super hot out).

Nice thing is there is plenty to occupy yourself with at SW if you are sitting out a ride.

The rapid river at Aquatica is awesome!

Manta will probably be open first.
Pipeline is new so when it opens we head to it.
Mako is high and has a lot of airtime.
Icebreaker is a little less intense.
Kraken is next to Journey so we generally do them together.
We always hit the coasters first then see the shows.
Any meal at Sharks is worth the price for the view.
Starbucks and pastries at Coaster Coffee Company, whose donuts are epic.

I went yesterday. Park opened at 10 but Pipeline and perhaps some of the other coasters didn’t open until 11. We watched the dolphin show at 11 so I didn’t get to Pipeline until after 11:30 but line was only 10 minutes. It moved kind of slow because they were only running one train but I made it to the orca show by noon. I like Pipeline and will probably ride it anytime the line is less than 15 minutes. I’ve done Manta a couple of times and will probably only ride it if someone I‘m with wants to. I might be able to do Mako again with a bit of persuasion. It is very high and has several large bunny hills and the restraint feels like it could give way at any time so it’s pretty scary. Kraken has lots of turns and inversions. I haven’t done Icebreaker.

One visit I did Manta and Kraken back to back and felt pretty ill afterwards so I’d recommend spacing them out.

I might be able to do Mako again with a bit of persuasion. It is very high and has several large bunny hills and the restraint feels like it could give way at any time so it’s pretty scary.
Yeah - really not a fan of that restraint - only reason I wont do it again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter