SeaWorld military discount

123SA

DIS Veteran
Is SeaWorld offering the military free admission again this year? If not, are there any military discounts? Thanks for your help!

I don't know if SeaWorld is offering free admission, but you can probably get a good discount at your local MWR office. I think the discounted price through MWR is about $15 cheaper than at the gate. Hope this helps!

Yes the military admission is still on at Sea World, same as it has been AFAIK.

DTop, you are correct! I just checked out the SeaWorld website . . . There is a link to herosalute.com. All you have to do is register, and any active duty, activated or drilling reservist, or National Guardsman is entitled to free admission under their "Here's to the Heroes" program. Also, up to 3 direct dependents of military personnel are entitled to free admission (the service member does not need to be present in order to take advantage of the offer, but an adult must accompany any minors). It's valid for one complimentary single-day admission per person, per year. You can also take advantage of this offer at the entrance areas (obviously, you'll need to show your DoD card).

Has anyone signed up for this? Is it easy to do? We were thinking of trying it while we're on vacation. I know the kids would love it. Guess I need to get the hubby to fill out the form.:)

Actually, the form is just the military member's name and address. You need to take the completed form with you. If you forget to take your form, you can get one at the entrance of the park. The biggest thing, I guess, is just to make sure you have your DoD card with you.

I'd be interested in hearing how you like POP, too. We're going in September (actually, to celebrate my DH's retirement from the Army!) and are staying there - our first time staying at a resort!! :woohoo:

Actually, the form is just the military member's name and address. You need to take the completed form with you. If you forget to take your form, you can get one at the entrance of the park. The biggest thing, I guess, is just to make sure you have your DoD card with you.

I'd be interested in hearing how you like POP, too. We're going in September (actually, to celebrate my DH's retirement from the Army!) and are staying there - our first time staying at a resort!! :woohoo:

Oh wow, Congrats!party: My DH still has 3 more years before even considering it, but will most likely go for 30.;)

As far as the POP, it's very nice. Didn't seem as crowded to me as ASMo and the pools were nicer, food court a little bigger. The kids loved it, but I have to say we did to! I'm sure you'll enjoy yourselves.

Thanks for the info about Seaworld, we're going to look into it.:)

It was super easy. I downlaoded and filled out the form before we left. I think DH signed it. At the gate, there is a clearly marked ticket window for you to get your tickets. They did require my husband's ID. We were concerned because my dependent ID had expired 3 months earlier, but they didn't ask to see it.

At the Shamu show, there was a public thank you to all military and they were asked to stand and be acknowleged. I had to prod DH to stand up. He is Army Reserve, served 18 months in Iraq and he is on his second active duty tour at the Pentagon. He feels funny being acknowleged or thanked -- because he is just doing his job. I appreciated the efforts Seaworld out into thanking the military and their families.

It was super easy. I downlaoded and filled out the form before we left. I think DH signed it. At the gate, there is a clearly marked ticket window for you to get your tickets. They did require my husband's ID. We were concerned because my dependent ID had expired 3 months earlier, but they didn't ask to see it.

At the Shamu show, there was a public thank you to all military and they were asked to stand and be acknowleged. I had to prod DH to stand up. He is Army Reserve, served 18 months in Iraq and he is on his second active duty tour at the Pentagon. He feels funny being acknowleged or thanked -- because he is just doing his job. I appreciated the efforts Seaworld out into thanking the military and their families.

My DH feels the same way, he is in the National Guard, he also served 18mths in Iraq, even got an award, but acts like it's no big deal. I'm so proud of him and his accomplishments, but he says it is his job and duty. He says I'm no different then any other one serving or has served...which is true, but doesn't make me any less proud!:)

Thank-you for the info on Seaworld. I'll fill it out and have him sign it. I do most of the bills and paperwork around here anyway!!;)
I hope they don't ask for dependent ID, mine has also expired. I can't get it done until May and we're going in March. Has something to do with you can't get new ones within 3 mths of realisting, which will be in May for him, he said he might go ahead and do it early so we'll see!
Thanks again and tell your DH Thank-you for serving our country!

It must just be the way these military people are built - my DH is just like both of yours!! He was deployed for a year (2004-2005) and was also in the first Gulf War, but he sees it as just doing his job. I, too, am very proud of him and what he does, and I admire all those who serve our country! After 20 years, he's looking forward to retiring in September, but he plans to get a government civilian job . . . he said the more I tell him about the world outside the military (I'm a human resources person), the more he wants to stay working for the military! :) He's also currently stationed at the Pentagon. Funny, but as big as that place is, he's ALWAYS running into someone he knows!

Thanks for letting me know how you like POP, Grumpy. I'm really excited about FINALLY getting to stay at a resort!

BTW, if you've never been to SeaWorld, let me just tell you that it was one of the highlights of our last trip. We fed Stingrays and Seals, petted dolphins, and even got to see a 3 day old dolphin whose mother was teaching it how to breathe through its blowhole. We can't wait to go back! :goodvibes

Oh, that sounds so cool, the kids would love that, specially the DD, she is(was) so fascinated with wildlife. She was very upset when Steve Irwin past away. This sounds like just the ticket to get her to trust and love them again!! Thanks!:)

I was pretty upset myself when Steve Irwin passed away . . . If I remember correctly, the stingray pool is one of the first things you run into after entering the park. They are generally smaller than the ones you see on most nature shows. It's a bit scary at first when they start gliding over your hand to get the fish (you stick your hand with the fish in it under the water and they swim by and take it - their mouths are on the underside of their bodies), but it's actually a neat thing to say you fed a stingray!

I'm sure your DD will LOVE it!! ;)

Yep - DH who is in the PA Air National Guard as well as a full time reservist (that is his 9-5) job too.

My DH was in Iraq/Kuwait at the beginning of the war and his unit is going back in a few months. He so would not get up in front of everyone, lol! He is too shy!

Hey, Melanie! Where are you guys located in PA? My DH and I are both originally from there (DH from Lancaster and I grew up in Warren).

Hey, Melanie! Where are you guys located in PA? My DH and I are both originally from there (DH from Lancaster and I grew up in Warren).

Sorry I didn't see that. He works out of the Willow Grove Air Station.

I used to live over that way in Norristown - my roommate was actually from Willow Grove. My DH is at the Pentagon now, and is looking forward to retirement in September! :cool1:

hi. iwas wondering if anyone has ever been to sea world in texas. we will be going down to killeen texas, and fort hood. my son in law is in the army. we will prob. be there around the middle of april. my grandson will be 1..............yeah........we have not seen him since xmas.i thought it would be nice to drive there with my daughter and the baby. and hopefully sil can get a day vacation , unless we go on the week end. we have been to the one in fla. but im wondering if it will be more crowded or about the same in texas. we will go anyways even though im sure it will be busy. we might look into getting a hotel for 1 night, depending on how far the drive is. we are just booking this week. thank you for any info...................thanks................

We used the herosalute last year when we were in Florida for our vow renewal--after Dh returned from his 18 month deployment. We all had a great time. We are going this May for a conference DH has for work and I am sending him and DD-11 to Discovery Cove for a day and I will take the boys to Sea World again with the hero salute.

Definitely a military thing--my DH--who is also PA National Guard--didn't want to stand up during the military salute either, but the kids made him do it!!! LOL

hi. iwas wondering if anyone has ever been to sea world in texas. we will be going down to killeen texas, and fort hood. my son in law is in the army. we will prob. be there around the middle of april. my grandson will be 1..............yeah........we have not seen him since xmas.i thought it would be nice to drive there with my daughter and the baby. and hopefully sil can get a day vacation , unless we go on the week end. we have been to the one in fla. but im wondering if it will be more crowded or about the same in texas. we will go anyways even though im sure it will be busy. we might look into getting a hotel for 1 night, depending on how far the drive is. we are just booking this week. thank you for any info...................thanks................

It's been a while since I've been in that part of TX but I'm pretty sure you could do the seaworld and then go back to Ft Hood. I don't think April would be super busy since schools are still in session for the most part. I really like the seaworld there because I just like the focus on the animals and the shows and not the "wow" rides.

I remember you posting that your son in law would be home soon and thrilled to see that he made it home. Thats wonderful news and hope you have a great trip.

My husband is currently deployed- will my ID work at the gate for the military tickets? We are going down for a wedding in May and had one day to spare, so we figured we would drive up and do Sea World. I'd love some advice on how to stay sane until DH decides to retire- we have 10 more years to go! Staying home with two little ones is hard sometimes! THanks, Kelly :hug:

DH pirate: DD(3) princess: DD(4mo):cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter