Seaworld's Christmas Celebration

We are going to go tomorrow and I just got a one ressie at a seaworld preferred hotel so we can get the quick queue passes.

Is the polar express okay for a 5 year old? Anything we should not miss?

Polar Express might be a little too intense for a 5 year old. However, there is a non motion side to the ride which is basically you watching a few scenes from the movie.

Any of the Christmas shows are a "can't miss". Hope you have a great time!

Unfortunately, things did not work out today. :( The Seaworld website mentions that when staying at a preferred hotel you get passes for the unlimited quick queue. What they fail to mention, is that there is a limited number of tickets. We drove an hour and a half over there only to find out they were all gone. So we cancelled our reservation at the hotel and left. I'm actually quite upset by it because it does not tell you on the site that the quick queue tickets are limited and on a first come first serve basis and they really need to change that. It just states if you stay there you get tickets. At Universal hotels, you just use your room keys.

We ended up just going to Universal. It was okay. Islands of Adventure was packed and Universal got pretty busy by the afternoon. But that was to be expected on a holiday weekend.

We might try the Sea World Christmas stuff in a couple weeks.

Oh, dear. That must have been so frustrating and disappointing. They reel you in with the large print and then snatch the rug away with the fine print. Thanks for posting, and good luck with the second effort.

I actually just went back and look to see if I somehow missed the fine print. But nope, nothing at all. It just says the quick queue passes are complimentary when staying at a preferred site. Nothing about first come first serve or anything. Another kicker is that the concierge desk closes at 3:00. Guess when check in is....3:00. :confused3 What if we had come from out of state or very far away?

If it's first come first serve, it should state that. Anyway, I sent them an email pointing out the error so hopefully they will fix the web site or change the offer.

At least Universal follows through on theirs. You just use your room key as your express pass.

Unfortunately, things did not work out today. :( The Seaworld website mentions that when staying at a preferred hotel you get passes for the unlimited quick queue. What they fail to mention, is that there is a limited number of tickets. We drove an hour and a half over there only to find out they were all gone. So we cancelled our reservation at the hotel and left. I'm actually quite upset by it because it does not tell you on the site that the quick queue tickets are limited and on a first come first serve basis and they really need to change that. It just states if you stay there you get tickets. At Universal hotels, you just use your room keys.

We ended up just going to Universal. It was okay. Islands of Adventure was packed and Universal got pretty busy by the afternoon. But that was to be expected on a holiday weekend.

We might try the Sea World Christmas stuff in a couple weeks.

Actually is does say "*Limited quantities available. Other restrictions apply.'
right on the website:
http://seaworldparks.com/seaworld-orlando/Park Info/Region/Vacation Packages

I never even saw that page since i dont need packages. I went in though the annual pass member login. Guess they need to update that part of it. At least that won't happen to someone coming in on a vacation package then.

I never even saw that page since i dont need packages. I went in though the annual pass member login. Guess they need to update that part of it. At least that won't happen to someone coming in on a vacation package then.

Passholder site also says "Restrictions apply". It also refers you back to the vacation site for more info.

Also from from the FAQ on the passholder site:

Is the Quick Queue Unlimited benefit date specific?
Guests can pick up Quick Queue Unlimited for day-of or next-day visits only and will be valid for that day only. If guests would like to use this benefit on another day, they will have to go back to the Expedia Local Expert Guest Service desk to pick up a new pass with limited quantities given out on a first-come, first-serve basis.

One shouldn't need advanced degrees in law, sleuthing and mind-reading to be able to take advantage of an offer.

One shouldn't need advanced degrees in law, sleuthing and mind-reading to be able to take advantage of an offer.

Agreed.

Livndisney, where did you find this info at? I went to the Disney Orlando site, I clicked on passmember log in, I entered my barcode and zip code, I clicked on the link for Seaworld preferred hotels, it then pulled up a PDF with hotel websites, phone number, and a list of hotel benefits.

ETA: I dont even see a FAQ in the passport member area. Are you on the Orlando site? What path did you use to get there?

I'm sorry, but I hardly think that reading a FAQ on a website requires an "advanced degree in law".

I don't have a law degree LOL

Agreed.

Livndisney, where did you find this info at? I went to the Disney Orlando site, I clicked on passmember log in, I entered my barcode and zip code, I clicked on the link for Seaworld preferred hotels, it then pulled up a PDF with hotel websites, phone number, and a list of hotel benefits.

ETA: I dont even see a FAQ in the passport member area. Are you on the Orlando site? What path did you use to get there?

I went to the exact same place you did to log in. If you look at the PDF there is a * and at the bottom is says what I posted earlier about "restrictions etc."

I am not logged in right now, but I found the FAQ in a link at the bottom of the page I think.

For my two cents....Polar Express is not as rough as Wild artic. It is much smoother. I was just there this weekend. I don't care for Wild Artic at all, but I tolerated Polar Express pretty well. Sit in the front row, and let the attendant know your concerns. They have a camera they are watching and she will tell you to wave and they will stop the ride, and start it over for everyone else. I was told it is no big deal to stop the ride. I get motion sick easily, and I was fine.

For my two cents....Polar Express is not as rough as Wild artic. It is much smoother. I was just there this weekend. I don't care for Wild Artic at all, but I tolerated Polar Express pretty well. Sit in the front row, and let the attendant know your concerns. They have a camera they are watching and she will tell you to wave and they will stop the ride, and start it over for everyone else. I was told it is no big deal to stop the ride. I get motion sick easily, and I was fine.

A team member told you it was no big deal to stop the ride and restart it for everyone else? I bet some managers would disagree with that:lmao:

Update: The hotel and Seaworld both contacted me and agreed it was unclear and will be working to fix the pdf. Marriott went above and beyond to make ammends even after I told them I just wanted them to fix it so no one else makes the same mistake. I wasn't even mad at Marriot because it was Seaworlds web site. I just felt they should know. The guy was so nice about it that we will be staying there a lot I think.

Seaworld comped us some quick queue tickets for our next visit. So kudos to both Seaworld and Marriot in this situation.

Just as an FYI, he said that this is only the second time that they have ever run out of the passes. Of course, it was a holiday weekend which is why. He was also very glad I emailed because their quick queue passes with the room has only been added less than a year ago. Unlike Universal, where it's guaranteed with a room key, it's not at Seaworld and it's not worded well in all areas. So this is something they will be looking into more.

For anyone going, I wouldn't worry too much unless it's a holiday. He really made it sound like it was rare. We are going to go back next weekend and try it again. ;)

Update: The hotel and Seaworld both contacted me and agreed it was unclear and will be working to fix the pdf. Marriott went above and beyond to make ammends even after I told them I just wanted them to fix it so no one else makes the same mistake. I wasn't even mad at Marriot because it was Seaworlds web site. I just felt they should know. The guy was so nice about it that we will be staying there a lot I think.

Seaworld comped us some quick queue tickets for our next visit. So kudos to both Seaworld and Marriot in this situation.

Just as an FYI, he said that this is only the second time that they have ever run out of the passes. Of course, it was a holiday weekend which is why. He was also very glad I emailed because their quick queue passes with the room has only been added less than a year ago. Unlike Universal, where it's guaranteed with a room key, it's not at Seaworld and it's not worded well in all areas. So this is something they will be looking into more.

For anyone going, I wouldn't worry too much unless it's a holiday. He really made it sound like it was rare. We are going to go back next weekend and try it again. ;)

Hope you have a great time!

We finally went last weekend and it was awesome :)

First, the Springhill Marriott hotel was wonderful. They comped us the first night (because of the problem mentioned earlier in the thread) which was way more than I wanted them to do, so we paid to stay extra. I am so mad because I completely forgot to take pics of the room. It was really nice and slept all 5 of us with a good amount of room for a single space. Everything was very clean and the staff was wonderful.

Staying there comes with free quick queue passes to Sea World (But learn a lesson from me and get to concierge at 7am when they open or they may run out. I also learned that all of the hotels "share" the limited number of passes so even if the hotel is dead, another one might not be.) The hotel also comes with free breakfast in the morning. Again....I forgot pics. Doh! The breakfast was a small but nice buffet, though it got very crowded.

The price there seems to range I'm guessing depending on if it's a Holiday weekend? Anyway, it's not expensive compared to Disney or Sea World. When you work in the breakfast and quick queue passes...this place is a steal. we will be going back often!

Sea World at Christmas was amazing! Unlike Halloween which was so busy, it was much nicer this time around. The decorations were gorgeous! And like Halloween, they had nice games for the kids to play. They cost $3 and the kids win everytime. Even the smallest prize is pretty awesome for $3.

Here is a video I took of the Sea of Trees dancing to the music. The ice skaters were practicing before their show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2ZhI0AkHV0&list=UUjX7pGDXn-Crm_T2kizbrSQ&feature=plcp

The fireworks were nice. Nothing compared to Disney but still nice.
IMG_0486.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vqxscjOxXs&list=UUjX7pGDXn-Crm_T2kizbrSQ&feature=plcp

The Shamu show Believe was so sappy it made me cry, lol
IMG_0471.jpg

My son meeting Santa after the Polar Express ride (he puts his hands in his pocket when nervous). I bought a pic too but don't have it scanned.
IMG_0449.jpg

View from the Skytower which comes free with those quick queue passes! :banana:
IMG_0492.jpg

They also had this giant blow up snow globe that we got into and took a family photo. Again, I don't have it scanned but it's the coolest family pics I've ever taken! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter