• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Second family suing Disneyland: Claims Donald Duck is racist

just because you are both white does not mean you cannot be racially descriminated against. Am I reading this wrong?

beer dave said:
just because you are both white does not mean you cannot be racially descriminated against. Am I reading this wrong?

I'm guessing he meant he was white and so was the person taking the ticket.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My children and I waited for 30+ minutes to meet Tiger and Poo. We were next in line and suddenly Poo walked away. We were told Christopher Robbin needed him....did I cry and whine and make my kids long for Poo.....no we hopped on over to take pics with Tiger...should I sue because there was no Poo?

It's a shame how sue-happy this country has become. In a park with 25,000 people, Donald snubbed my toddler, so I sue. Then when he goes to kindergarten, only the kids who color in the lines get a star? So I sue. Then when he's 17,he doesn't make the college of his choice, I should sue.....
I know it's a stretch? But it seems we are headed that way. Life is sometimes unfair, how me handle that builds character. Suing is not the way to build character.

As an astute expert in people-watching, I've concluded that the vast majority of character "rudeness" (ignoring or mere cursory attention to particular children) is due not to their appearance or ethnicity, but to the way they (or unfortunately their parents) are behaving. I know. It's shocking.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!

some of these kids act like the animals their parents raised them to be

If I was Disney, I would hire nothing but African Americans to dress as the characters,
1- because when these other African American families continue to sue by claiming racism, they will look like complete morons
2- I don't think I have ever heard of a caucasian family suing by claiming racism

If I was Disney, I would hire nothing but African Americans to dress as the characters,
1- because when these other African American families continue to sue by claiming racism, they will look like complete morons
2- I don't think I have ever heard of a caucasian family suing by claiming racism

Ha. Then the employees (or potential employees) would sue for racial discrimination.

I hate to jump to conclusions, but it sounds to me like these people are just out to see what they can get.

just an aside. IT was propbably not a guy in either costume. Men are usually too tall to be donald or the white rabbit. I have seen handlers for certain characters at disneyland but they were usually assigned to characters that had costume issues and it was difficult for the character to see or hear.

I haven't had coffee yet so am compelled to make the following silly remarks. Forgive me. I promise to regret it after caffeine.

1. Note that the two perpetrators are white-skinned/furred/feathered. Coincidence?

2. Wasn't Donald also involved in a groping incident recently? He's obviously a problem duck.

3. How odd that the two families happen to be named Black and White.

Seriously, I am fairly sure that these characters have positive interactions with hundreds of people bearing the full spectrum of skin tones every day. I have a hard time believing that anyone could be singled out because of race in an international, multi-ethnic crowd like we see at the parks. I'd like to hear Donald's side of the story but unfortunately I've never been able to understand him. I suspect he'd quack something about the family not observing meet and greet protocol.

:coffee::coffee::coffee:

And have the same attorney. Very odd

I could be wrong, I am not looking at the Black Family (eh em, to avoid a lawsuit over racism, I mean the family with the name Black), but the direct quote from the kid looks identical to the other kids quote about how the child felt afterwards. At the very least, some very serious amount of coaching involved.

I'm guessing he meant he was white and so was the person taking the ticket.

We really don't know what that poster meant.

That's because all they said was their experience with a ticket turnstile CM was an "unpleasant interaction." :confused: That obtuse reference could have been anything from a hostile/insulting attitude...to bad breath. Short of more details, one can't judge whether their complaint to Disney supported the insinuation that there are "rogue" CMs and that the actions that resulted in these lawsuits were perhaps (as they put it) "not so innocent."

Line jumpers or parents who try to find their way to just kinda push there kid on through a crowd. Just think of parades at MK. You have to literally sit hours ahead of time and you decide to sit not to impose on anyone's view, confine yourself to a small space. Them people will go n dump there kids and strollers directly in front of you when there may not have been any room in front of you on the first place. It keeps happening. People are ignorant and selfish.

US law needs to change. If you sue someone (or a business/corporation) then the maximum amount you can receive should be based on the amount you have potentially 'lost out' on - in other words the plaintifs do not receive the Punative side of the settlement. That could go towards the cost of running the Court system, or healthcare!

ie in this instance the maximum amount the families could claim would be the value of one day entry into the park for the family - say $200-300.

Cases like this are about profiteering. Plain and simple. Legal firms grow rich every day from them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter