Second guessing ourselves

Should we stay in France or move to SBP?

• Stay in France - trust Disney Photo

• Move to SBP - go with Misty

Results are only viewable after voting.

jspahn

Disney Bride October 2009
Hi All - I am desperately in need of some advice. DF and I have already sent our contract back and yet we are still having second thoughts about our location choice.
Currently we have our ceremony in France, with reception in LSS and a DP later that night back in France.

Here is our dilemma... we have gone back and forth over having our ceremony in France because of the requirement to use Disney Photo.
Looking at the new Disney Photo site, we dont feel the pictures from the photographers are very creative or "oh wow." We even called Disney Photo to ask all kinds of questions they probably werent used to getting (DF's hobby is photography). And we just dont have a warm and fuzzy feeling. :sad2:

On the flip side, we talked to Misty Miotto also, and absolutely loved her. :goodvibes She was so nice and helpful, even knowing we couldnt use her if we went with France. I love her pictures, they are definitely not ho-hum.

IF WE CHANGE.... I would move our ceremony out of Epcot and over to SBP that morning, keeping all else the same. So I would have Misty do all our "before the ceremony" pics (getting ready, first look, bridal party etc ) as well as the ceremony - basically the "important ones" in my mind.
Then would have Disney Photo do our reception and DP.

Thoughts? I've read a lot of bad things and very few positive things about Disney photo on this board. This is the most important day/event in our lives and if the photos are screwed up, you dont have a second chance.

This has caused me so much stress over the last couple weeks. Any advice from my fellow Disbrides would really help!

Truthfully, I would move so Misty could do your photography. I know Disney is improving, but in my mind it's just not worth the risk.

That said, it really depends on your priorities. Photography was one of my big three things that I wasn't compromising on (along with my dress and having it at Disney!). If it's only of medium priority to you and your DF, then you have more to consider. The location you have is very beautiful and would make for a beautiful ceremony! If you're willing to splurge a little you could even have Misty take portraits in the Boardwalk area. That way you get the best of both worlds.

Best of luck deciding!

If I were you I would move my location to SBP and have Misty take your important pictures. I would not take my chances with DPS.

I had Misty and I was married at SBP. I absolutley loooved her!!! And I would not get married anywhere else other than SBP.

I would change my location in order to have her IMO.

I would get married at SBP... of course I am getting married there at noon on the same day so perhaps I'm biased. :rotfl: DF and I chose SBP because we wanted the Roots. If that dumb rule wasn't in effect, we would have definitely done Epcot.

Listen to your gut!

I loooved my DPS pics... BUT if you're not comfortable don't risk it!

I'd go with France just because I think that location would be INCREDIBLE

I had DPS and we were really happy with them, but our photographer is no longer there... I love the France location (when we were planning a wishes wedding we were doing our reception on the french island) and I'd hate to give that up for the photographer, but you have to do what will make you most comfortable.

One other thing to think about is cost - is it worth it to you to pay 2 different photographers for the day to get your 2 sets of pictures? That's something only you can answer, but it's something to keep in mind as the budget grows.

Go with Misty and change your location to SBP and then schedule a Bridal Shoot at France so that you can still get pictures there in your attire

Go with Misty and change your location to SBP and then schedule a Bridal Shoot at France so that you can still get pictures there in your attire

we thought about that, but thats even more money on photos. Plus we wouldnt have time that morning, so that means getting in the dress (and keeping the tux) and re-doing hair just for a photo shoot. Not worth it for us.

Having pictures IN epcot is deifnitely a strong point to sticking with our ceremony in france....

We had Misty in Italy (when you were still allowed to) and I love her photos. That being said - I would stick with an in park wedding. This was a major priority for us to get married in Epcot (our favorite park) and it is such a unique location. Maybe you can use Misty for some before photos and after photos. I really loved working with her and her husband and am so glad we did this but there is nothing like getting married in Epcot. You can get lots of creative photos before and after the actual ceremony.

After our reception.
2c3c97ed.jpg

Before our ceremony with my girls.
83df7610.jpg

Linda

Truthfully, I would move so Misty could do your photography. I know Disney is improving, but in my mind it's just not worth the risk.

That said, it really depends on your priorities. Photography was one of my big three things that I wasn't compromising on (along with my dress and having it at Disney!). If it's only of medium priority to you and your DF, then you have more to consider. The location you have is very beautiful and would make for a beautiful ceremony! If you're willing to splurge a little you could even have Misty take portraits in the Boardwalk area. That way you get the best of both worlds.

Best of luck deciding!

Photos really are very important for us. Which is what is making this decision so hard! I am dying for the chance to have pics that morning in epcot (without having to book a park photo session), but at the same time, even if the location is awesome, if the pics arent great then what's the point?

We have changed our minds back and forth so many times. Poor Joe D. - I am sure he is happy to hand us off to a planner (coordinator?) this week!:rotfl:

Well the only way I would have a Disney photog is for a DP or the bridal shoot. For me it is just too hit or miss with DPS. Although, they do seem like they are trying make improvements. Good Luck!!

Photos really are very important for us. Which is what is making this decision so hard! I am dying for the chance to have pics that morning in epcot (without having to book a park photo session), but at the same time, even if the location is awesome, if the pics arent great then what's the point?

We have changed our minds back and forth so many times. Poor Joe D. - I am sure he is happy to hand us off to a planner (coordinator?) this week!:rotfl:

It is not the same thing but we did the honeymoon shoot in Epcot. When you don't use DPS you get a HM shoot and we got some great pics in France. granted, we are not in wedding attire but we both dressed up (he wore a tie) and we were happy.

I'm too worried about the quality of my photos to trust Disney. Plus they're so expensive! I kind of wanted an Italy ceremony but went with SBP so we could use Misty. I just love her style of photography and would not want anyone else to photograph my wedding!

BTW, what day is your wedding? It looks like I'll be an October bride too.

I'm too worried about the quality of my photos to trust Disney. Plus they're so expensive! I kind of wanted an Italy ceremony but went with SBP so we could use Misty. I just love her style of photography and would not want anyone else to photograph my wedding!

BTW, what day is your wedding? It looks like I'll be an October bride too.

we are October 12 - its a monday. You?

I feel bad that DPS gets such a negative rap. Yes, people have had bad experiences, but people have bad experiences with photographers all the time, all over the world, and you never hear about it. What you see here on the DIS is a really small sampling of DFTW brides. That being said, we had DPS and loved them. Our pix are beautiful and exactly what we wanted. Obviously the EPCOT location is important to you, so tell your WP that you want to meet with the DPS photographer before the wedding (in person or over the phone) and get some key shots discussed. Tell them what your concerns are. I believe there are samples of DPS work on-line so you can see what they've done in the past. That will hopefully ease your worry. If you really want that in park location for your ceremony, and not just a photo shoot, don't sacrifice it.

As Linda, mentioned you can't replace the experience of an in-park wedding. We were married in Epcot and the shots from inside the park are my favorite from the entire day. Although, we were there when we were still able to use an outside photographer and we had Randy Chapman. IMO though, the shots inside the park can not be replaced and that is probably the best thing from our wedding. I definitely agree about asking if you can speak to some of the photographers in advance or see some copies of their work this might make the decision a little easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter