Secret to DVC resale

2Xited4Disney

DIS Veteran
Ok so I am wonder what the secret is to DVC resale. We have 160 pts at BLT and I thinking (very early steps) of picking up a 50-100 pt contract at another resort. It appears as if all the "cheap" contracts are all Sale Pending. So I am wondering what the secret is? Do I just have to keep checking every day to find lower priced contracts?

Ok so I am wonder what the secret is to DVC resale. We have 160 pts at BLT and I thinking (very early steps) of picking up a 50-100 pt contract at another resort. It appears as if all the "cheap" contracts are all Sale Pending. So I am wondering what the secret is? Do I just have to keep checking every day to find lower priced contracts?
most brokers have email bulletins that they send out each day with new listings, these are VERY worth signing up for, obviously the better valued contracts get snapped up very quickly, especially smaller ones :)

The price listed is just the sellers asking price also, if you see a contract that fits your needs, other than price, you can always make an offer of what you think is reasonable. Worst case is the seller declines your offer but you never know if dont try.

Thanks everyone. Is there any sort of info online of what $$ per point Disney chooses to exercise their ROFR ?

There's no set price point, their doesn't seem to be much of a pattern at all. Points available in the current UY and UY in general seem to affect it. You can find average prices with a google, sorry I don't have any links ATM

Thanks everyone. Is there any sort of info online of what $$ per point Disney chooses to exercise their ROFR ?
It's best to think of ROFR as a drink monkey throwing darts. The information that Disney uses to make their determination is based on many variables, and price seems to be low on their list. The other variables all depend on non-public information.

In short, don't think about it. Disney only takes back about 4% of contracts these days.

It's best to think of ROFR as a drink monkey throwing darts. The information that Disney uses to make their determination is based on many variables, and price seems to be low on their list. The other variables all depend on non-public information.

In short, don't think about it. Disney only takes back about 4% of contracts these days.
They are upping that amount- it's true that last year, they averaged 4.4%, but they are already at over 14% for Q1 of this year, so we shall see if this trend of a higher buyback rate continues.

They are upping that amount- it's true that last year, they averaged 4.4%, but they are already at over 14% for Q1 of this year, so we shall see if this trend of a higher buyback rate continues.
Are you using data from public records? Or based on the report from one particular broker? I'm under the impression they've increased from 2% to 4%.

I do not think you have to worry about a small contract an ROFR. Your price per point will be high as is the nature with smaller contracts.

UY will play a part in ROFR, as will price per point, and even the residential unit. In order to fill wait list requests for purchases, UY and Residential Unit are very important. For their law mandated 2% ownership, those are irrelevant. If they need points because their 2% ownership requirement needs tending too, then I think stripped contracts are the most vulnerable to ROFR. There is a method to their madness, we just do not know it fully.

Are you using data from public records? Or based on the report from one particular broker? I'm under the impression they've increased from 2% to 4%.

Three brokers and my ROFR thread! So, a combination of anecdotal and people in the biz.

Three brokers and my ROFR thread! So, a combination of anecdotal and people in the biz.
I think @wdrl has tracked actual county data in the past. I know that some resorts have seen more activity lately, but it's difficult to tell what the real rate is without a complete dataset.

I think @wdrl has tracked actual county data in the past. I know that some resorts have seen more activity lately, but it's difficult to tell what the real rate is without a complete dataset.
I do agree. As I said, this is mostly anecdotal, but having three brokers give an approximate percentage of 14% of buy backs in 2017 so far sounds reasonable to me. I certainly wouldn't base anything on these numbers without concrete data, but it is definitely higher than I've seen it in a few years of doing the ROFR thread.

I don't think that this is proprietary information so I will share DVD's secret on why they ROFR.

Money!

They ROFR when they will make money doing so. Selling current new resorts make them the most money but if sales slow and buyers are waiting for older resorts, they increase ROFR.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter