Secret way to see cabin assignment?

puzzledprincess

Mouseketeer
Hi all! Last Disney cruise I went on was in June 2017 and at the time, there was a secret way to see what was likely (not officially) your cabin number before it was officially assigned to you. I think maybe it was when you tried to book something (like a spa visit) or get a gift delivered to your room? I can’t remember where it was. Anyway, I just booked for a cruise leaving on December 17 and saw that the website has changed a lot. Is there still a secret way to see your cabin assignment before it is assigned? Thanks!

Did you book a GTY or special offer *GT? If not, you should have been able to select your room at booking. If you inadvertently skipped that step, you can go into your reservation to see the room assignment (and change it if you desire).

I'm not aware of any "secret way" to find out GTY or *GT room assignments until it shows up on your reservation. That could be anytime between now and embarkation. If *GT, it most likely will be within 10 days of embarkation; GTY typically gets assigned earlier (not always).

Enjoy your cruise!

Did you book a GTY or special offer *GT? If not, you should have been able to select your room at booking. If you inadvertently skipped that step, you can go into your reservation to see the room assignment (and change it if you desire).

I'm not aware of any "secret way" to find out GTY or *GT room assignments until it shows up on your reservation. That could be anytime between now and embarkation. If *GT, it most likely will be within 10 days of embarkation; GTY typically gets assigned earlier (not always).

Enjoy your cruise!
Thanks for your response. I essentially booked with GTY/OGT. In the past sometimes we get the assignment quickly and sometimes it’s closer to the sail date. I’m just excited! Thanks again!

Thanks for your response. I essentially booked with GTY/OGT. In the past sometimes we get the assignment quickly and sometimes it’s closer to the sail date. I’m just excited! Thanks again!
GTY = when a certain percentage of rooms within a category are booked, the category goes GTY. You can still select a specific category (for example 9B), but you cannot select a room. DCL will assign you to a room in your selected category (or higher) later. The prices for GTY bookings are the same as if you select a room.

*GT = on those cruises DCL sees as not selling well, last minute, restricted fares are offered. You can only select a type of room (inside, outside, verandah) and you will be assigned a room of at least that type at a later date. The prices for these bookings are generally lower than the prevailing prices for the cruise.

While any guarantee room can be assigned at any time from booking date all the way up to, and including, embarkation day, generally GTY assignments are done around 30-60 days out. And *GT assignments are around 10 days out (usually on a Tuesday).

Hi all! Last Disney cruise I went on was in June 2017 and at the time, there was a secret way to see what was likely (not officially) your cabin number before it was officially assigned to you. I think maybe it was when you tried to book something (like a spa visit) or get a gift delivered to your room? I can’t remember where it was. Anyway, I just booked for a cruise leaving on December 17 and saw that the website has changed a lot. Is there still a secret way to see your cabin assignment before it is assigned? Thanks!

You can go to the View Details part of your My Disney cruise page and it will show it there. As well as if you want to book an excursion or dining. It is not really secret though. :)
If you booked OGT, it could come out anywhere between 10 to 14 days before sailing...or rarely when you get to port. I have booked VGT many times and always had it by 10 days before sailing. Good luck and have a great cruise.

Thanks everyone! I’ve booked this way for all of my DCL cruises in the past so I know that we have to officially wait. It’s just that before there used to be a way to see what your room was probably going to be while you were trying to book other things and I can’t remember how to do it. :)

Thanks everyone! I’ve booked this way for all of my DCL cruises in the past so I know that we have to officially wait. It’s just that before there used to be a way to see what your room was probably going to be while you were trying to book other things and I can’t remember how to do it. :)

Interesting, we are waiting to hear on GTY also. 59 days out.

I've never heard of a way. Did you do a google search on the subject. I sometimes look at what rooms are left to get an idea, but even then it's hard to tell. The cat 9c and 9b go GTY status so early on the classics. Even if a large percentage of people cancel they stay that way. When I've booked OGT rooms there were a lot of 9a's left and that's where we ended up.

For my cruise past week I booked a restricted verandah and got a 4E so extended verandah. LOOOVED it (5534)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter