• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Security/ CA Line Entry

NAP14

Earning My Ears
Hello!
We are finally going to CA/ DL after not being in the parks in over 2 years!

We are planning to arrive at security line around 7:40 am on Friday, then heading into California Adventure. How long do you think it will take to get through security and then into CA?

Thank you in advance!!

I'd plan for 5 minutes in line and then another 5 minutes after security to get through the California Adventure line into the park. Disneyland tends to have slightly longer lines in the morning. You should be able to get into the park before 8 but in the unlikely chance something abnormal happens such as Disney choosing to not do security at the Toy Story Lot, you may miss rope drop.

Neither security nor turnstile should take very long because you will be behind the there-before-gates opened crowd (I agree with gelatoni fan's 5 and 5 estimate). But being behind the there-before-gates opened crowd, be prepared to have a sizable number of people ahead of you if you're trying to do Web Slingers or RSR first thing.

Thank you both for your information! This is good news! The first ride my kids like to do is Mater’s then straight to Luigi’s. Not yet interested in RSR ( thank goodness;).

Thank you both for your information! This is good news! The first ride my kids like to do is Mater’s then straight to Luigi’s. Not yet interested in RSR ( thank goodness;).

Luigi's has had issues opening with the park this year. It's not closed in the morning as frequently as Peter Pan but just be prepared to potentially have to come back to it later.

What does security entail? Just a bag check?

First is a bag check. Make sure to have all pockets or inside parts open. They are really only checking for glass and selfie sticks and other banned items.

Then you go through a metal detector. You put your bag and things from your pockets like money on the table, then walk through and collect your bag etc.

First is a bag check. Make sure to have all pockets or inside parts open. They are really only checking for glass and selfie sticks and other banned items.

Then you go through a metal detector. You put your bag and things from your pockets like money on the table, then walk through and collect your bag etc.
Apologies for resurrecting a several months old thread. Does this reply mean that Disneyland is still doing the old-school dig through your bag form of security and does not have the new walk-through Evolv scanners? I'm have a trip coming up in late January, staying off-site and will be walking or using Toy Story buses, so will be entering the Esplanade from the Harbor side.

Apologies for resurrecting a several months old thread. Does this reply mean that Disneyland is still doing the old-school dig through your bag form of security and does not have the new walk-through Evolv scanners? I'm have a trip coming up in late January, staying off-site and will be walking or using Toy Story buses, so will be entering the Esplanade from the Harbor side.

Yes, unless things changed since our October visit, they still manually look through bags.

I don't think they are ever going to adopt those machines here. They aren't only looking for metal objects. In a state where Marijuana is legal, they are looking for that too, as well as stuff like alcohol stashes. People try and bring that stuff in ALL the time.

I don't think they are ever going to adopt those machines here. They aren't only looking for metal objects. In a state where Marijuana is legal, they are looking for that too, as well as stuff like alcohol stashes. People try and bring that stuff in ALL the time.
Heck, they confiscated my plastic cutlery (which had been obtained in the park the day before)! As they said “there’s lots of this in the park, you don’t need to carry it in”…I was hoping to reduce single use plastic waste but ok. 😂

And I’d imagine the scanners wouldn’t help them with looking for other banned items, like glass or selfie sticks or loose ice in coolers, as well as substances like you mentioned.

Just went Dec 12-15th. TOY STORY lot buses use security BEFORE you board the bus! It's awesome. When you are dropped off, you enter the Esplanade without going through security!

Just went Dec 12-15th. TOY STORY lot buses use security BEFORE you board the bus! It's awesome. When you are dropped off, you enter the Esplanade without going through security!
Oh! That is really helpful to know. Thank you for sharing!

DLR needs to get the new scanners like they have at WDW where you no longer have to go through bag check unless they see something they want to inspect more closely. Security is so easy there now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter