• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Security checks at fort wilderness cabins

nikkyluvsmickey

DIS Veteran
We are going to be staying in the cabins with our bulldog and was wondering what people’s exoeriences have been in the cabins. She gets a little nuts with strangers coming into what she will perceive as her home so I was wondering if they would just let me put her up in the bedroom when they do the room check or will they insist on going to go in to there?

When they did the security check on our cabin they literally just stuck their head in the door and looked around so you can probably get away with holding the pups collar.

I thought pets had to be crated when they were alone in unoccupied rooms?
We haven't stayed in an actual "room" since 2012, and our dog was at home in a kennel so I have no first hand knowledge.

Just realized ... no security checks in the RVs?
Well it really isn't security anyway for the resorts... just castpersonfrom housekeeping , I think.
Maybe cutback on that guest experience.

But definitely need to safeguard your pet.

We were there in January so can’t speak for now, and we didn’t have a dog. I was home one time they did a security check in the cabin and he stuck his head in every room, gone in under 10seconds. We were there before covid and you could ask for no housekeeping and get a voucher instead. So we did that, but they kept cleaning our room everyday as well (weird) and we got security check as well (weirder). still the voucher paid for the housekeeping tips and some snacks :-) I think if you are not home, you need to crate the dog. If you are home, you could put her in the bathroom and explain (she will probably be barking anyway). One time (at port orleans) my husband was in the loo when security came, and they just didn’t look in there.

We have stayed at The Fort three times so far since they re-opened, all three in a cabin and bringing a big dog. We always keep the dog in a crate when we are gone. We have had no security checks while we have been there.
Last year prior to COVID though we did have a knock on the door from security the days we stayed there that we rejected mousekeeping. We had to hold the dog on the leash while the security officer came in and looked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter