Seeing the World: Solo-Style

Your report is awesome! I would love to do Disney solo! I never get to see what I want to since we take the kids and plan the trip around them.

Sum of all thrills ? why don't I know about this. I will have to go read up on it.

I don't know; where have you been? Slacking on your Disney research, tsk tsk. It's a roller coaster simulator that's supposed to show that math is important. But mostly it's a roller coaster simulator. :rolleyes: I think it opened late in '09.

I am enjoying your trip report. I've been in January twice, the first time it was warm and enjoyable, the second...not so much... :confused3

I am gearing up for my first solo trip in October and am very excited and nervous, but really excited. :scared1: Can wait to read more from your trip. And thanks for the tip on the Wishes pictures...:thumbsup2

Thanks! I'm taking no chances and bringing even more extra layers next time. A "warm" January will still be too cold for me.

Try not to let nerves get the best of you for your solo trip. If a shy person like me can do it, you have nothing to worry about (just don't check in to Music with a CM from Puerto Rico). Are you doing MNSSHP? I think the atmosphere there would be perfect for a solo evening. Hope the picture tip works for you!

Your report is awesome! I would love to do Disney solo! I never get to see what I want to since we take the kids and plan the trip around them.

Thanks! Even when I went with my ex, he mostly went along with whatever I wanted to do, so doing whatever I wanted was never really an issue for me. But even then, he drew the line at repeating a ride more than two times in a row. The nerve! :laughing: But going solo is a completely different feeling and pace. I'd say go for it!

Sunday 1/23
The plan was to spend today in Hollywood Studios, see Fantasmic! once again (or twice) and hang out for pm EMH. Step one: ride Toy Story. By the time I got to step two: get a FP for Toy Story, it was abundantly clear that I'd need to drastically deviate from the plan. Crowds, crowds and more crowds. Every tour group on property must have decided to descend upon HS today; there were people everywhere. Even found the line for the Great Movie Ride out the theater doors! So scratch step two. Plotted out a few "bear necessities" and made plans to exit, stage right, ASAP.

Battling the sea of humanity, I made my way over to RnR. The first ride as stand-by was a 20 minute wait, as was the second as a single-rider. From there I wondered slowly through the pressing crowds, desperate to find some relief from the masses. Starring Rolls Cafe was so swarming with people that it looked like a kicked ant pile. I kept going. This is when I encountered a ridiculous out-the-door line at GMR. I kept going. Even Animation Academy was swamped.

At this point I thought I'd be beating the pack by heading for the first showing of Beauty and the Beast half an hour early. No such luck. I couldn't stomach seeing the throngs of people at the theater entrance, so I decided to forgo the show and opted for an early, relatively quiet lunch. The crowds had long since gotten to me, but I was still trying decide if I should retreat to Epcot or MK.

An uninspiring burger at Rosie's left me longing for the Plaza. I got on the phone with Disney Dining (yeah, the number is programmed into my cell, what about it?) and scored the ADR for dinner. That settles that. I found some respite along the Streets of America and stuck around to catch the noon gig for Mulch, Sweat and Shears. Such a fun group, and I love their Dream medley. (Check it out on you-tube if you haven't seen it.) I was finally having a good time for the first time since I stepped off RnR at 9:30 am.

Learning my lesson from B&B, I got in line for the 1:20 show of Lights! Motors! Action! right after MS&S noon show. I was toward the front of the line, but once I was seated the bodies continued to POUR into the theater right until the show started. Imagine my surprise at discovering two people sitting right behind me who actually spoke English! We chatted like long lost friends.

After LMA! it was time to blow this popsicle stand. I had the unintentional perfect timing to arrive in MK for the 3:00 parade. After the parade I bee-lined for the trifecta: Pirates, FP for Pooh and PhilharMagic. I was going to do PhilharMagic again, but there was a line?? I didn't know PhilharMagic got a line?? Oh well, it's not as if I hadn't just seen it.

I headed to ToonTown to take a last look around before the Fantasyland expansion...expanded. From there I boarded the Railroad for a once-around, then traipsed through Tomorrowland and hit up the hub for Dream Along w/ Mickey.

I confess that I don't have any unique pictures from today. In order to avoid a completely picture-less TR account of the day, we'll have to settle for some pretty, standard shots. I took this waiting for the show to start:

Picture122.jpg

Also while waiting, I overheard a dad say something like "this is perfect, we'll see the show and then be right here for the parade." I was confused because it was well past 3:00 and there was no MSEP scheduled for tonight. It took me a while to figure out that he meant the street party parade. I was still waiting on my Pooh FP, so I decided to stay and see what all the fuss was about with the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party. It turned out to be a pleasant surprise - another catchy tune and cute as can be to watch the kids conga line in the street with the characters.

After the street party, there was just enough time to get to Winnie the Pooh and then back over to The Plaza for dinner. They insist on handing me a pager each time, even though it always goes off before I have a chance to sit down to wait. I ordered a delicious bacon, onion cheeseburger, a hot chocolate and a chocolate shake. The temperature was dropping with the sunset, so I needed the hot chocolate, and I just couldn't resist the chocolate shake. My willpower is weak for chocolate in liquid form.

I paid for that shake dearly in shivers, but I didn't regret a sip of it. Even when I shivered and chattered my way through MM&Y and Wishes.

Picture285.jpg

Picture365.jpg

I hung back from the crowds for a bit to get some colorful shots of the castle and the Partners, then slowly browsed my way through the Emporium to the exit.

Picture424.jpg

Picture437.jpg

Let's just get this out the way now. So as not to overpower the next day's entry with the mundane, I'm throwing in this splice.

When I bought my Mickey messenger bag in DTD on my first night, I bought a pin b/c it matched the new bag so perfectly. Well since I now had one pin, I figured it was lonely and I really should have one more. I searched high and low for four days for a Scar pin. There were none to be found. Finally on HS day, since I was relegated to wandering and browsing due to crowd levels, I resigned myself to the fact that the only way I was going to find a Scar pin was by buying a mystery pack in the Hero and Villains series. I wasn't sold on this idea (yet) and settled on an Eeyore pin.

Picture593.jpg
Picture584.jpg

Perhaps it was the heavy presence of the Lion King in Animal Kingdom the next day, but something inside me snapped, and I decided I really needed that Scar pin. You can see where this is going, right? So I had to buy a mystery pack...or two...or seven. I scored big by eventually coming up with Scar, Shere Kahn, Simba, Hades and Steamboat Willie, but the H&V mystery packs also included atrocities like the Red Queen, Alice, Pete and, of course, duplicates. So I had some trading to do. And, yes, I admit, some more buying. I spent a fair portion of time dedicated to getting rid of the offending pins and finding some that really spoke to me. Not the most beautiful pictures, but here are some of my favorites:

Picture582.jpg
Picture583.jpg
Picture585.jpg
Picture586.jpg
Picture587.jpg
Picture589.jpg
Picture590.jpg
Picture170.jpg
Picture095.jpg

And, yes, these are only "some" of them. Most of them, to be fair, but there are more. To this day, I haven't yet tallied up my three day frenzy of pin spending. And now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Curiosity finally got the best of me, and I revisited my spending spreadsheet. The total for personal pins, not including ones purchased specifically for someone else, came to ~$125. Not as bad as I had feared.

I am enjoying your TR. I often dream of doing a solo trip so I enjoy reading when others do. :thumbsup2

I went a number of years ago - 12/6-1/1. I froze!!! Unfortunately, I did not bring a coat nor gloves which I could have used. I was going to FLA - who knew I would need my winter coat?! I ended up buying sweatshirts and layering them.

Monday 1/24
I don't know what I was thinking when I planned for an AK am EMH. That 6am wake up call comes really early. Too early. I dozed off after the call. Even so, I made it back to the Safari in enough time to ride twice in a row.

Picture022.jpg

Picture046.jpg

Picture062.jpg

Picture085.jpg

Picture099.jpg

I caught the first showing of FotLK, then walked the Discovery Island trails while waiting for Pizzafari to open.

Picture267.jpg

Had a quick lunch and sprinted over to Finding Nemo. After Nemo, I saw DiVine on the way back over to the Safari; then came the pin frenzy. I'll spare you all the details of the hunt, but during that time I managed to squeeze in a ride on Dinosaur and Tough to Be a Bug, and meet and greets with Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Lilo and Stitch.

Picture417.jpg

The quest for the Scar pin was a real kick to get me past feeling any awkwardness at being alone. I had a mission to keep me moving, and all the CMs were really nice about letting me see their lanyards. At this point I had scored my Scar pin, and could settle in to catch the Jammin' Jungle Parade.

With AK near closing and my pin itch scratched, it was time to bus over to the Polynesian for some warm, wonderful, delicious bread at Kona. Oh yeah, the ginger crusted rib eye is pretty awesome too. I love Kona Cafe, but I was disappointed that they wouldn't serve me a single size portion of the sticky wings for two. That just really seemed un-Disney-like. I just stuck with the bread and the entree. It didn't help matters that my first steak was brought out cooked to shoe leather consistency. Medium-rare? Not so much.

After dinner, I hopped the monorail over to MK for pm EMH. Did I mention I don't know what I was thinking when I planned this day? The place was pretty hopping all night long, so I mostly stuck to strolling around and taking in the atmosphere. I grabbed a chocolate soft serve in Tomorrowland since the weather was much milder, and got a spot for MM&Y and Wishes.

Picture484.jpg

Picture552.jpg

I hit up a few essential rides as the crowd thinned. TTA at night is fabulous with the lighting in Tomorrowland. At Space Mountain the CM was looking for a single rider, so I got to skip half the line! Then off to my first night-time ride on Jungle Cruise. It strikes just the right balance of corny and creepy, and the temple is so cool at night. I had enough time for one more spin on Pirates and Buzz, which doesn't matter if you ride at night or not. I have no idea what time I finally got back to the room. It was very late, and I was very tired. That's the best I got.

Tuesday 1/25

Picture014.jpg

I finally get to see the MK rope drop show today! NOW I'm really here. Too bad it's the last day. I have to confess I was just too cozy in MK today. I was supposed to go to Epcot and eat at Garden Grill, but I decided to stay in MK all day. I'd already spent the better part of the 4 out of 5 previous days here, so there was a lot of quiet soaking-in-the-atmosphere time today. But heck, since I'm already here for rope drop, I might as well make good use of my time and high-tail it to Fantasyland.

Started the morning off right with everybody's favorite Pooh Bear, then on to Peter Pan, PhilharMagic and Snow White. With Fantasyland conquered, I moved on to Adventureland and happened upon Aladdin and Jasmine. Jasmine did NOT like my Jafar pin.

Picture041.jpg

I told her something like I had it so I could recognize him and would know to run away if I saw him. That seemed to satisfy her enough.

Picture028.jpg

Since I was practically right there, I had to take another ride on Pirates. More wandering around eventually found me in Tomorrowland, so I gave Buzz a hand with that pesky Zurg fella. I went around twice, and the second time I finally maxed out my score!

Picture036-1.jpg

Crowds were really low today, so a ride around TTA was great to see all the open and empty areas in Tomorrowland. It's been such a lazy, take-it-easy day, I can't believe it's time for lunch already. Back to the Plaza (that's visit number three for those keeping track) for a delicious club sandwich and another amazing chocolate milkshake. They sat me back on the "patio" and I had a magnificent view of the castle as I ate. This isn't from inside, but it's one of those "pretty" pictures I caught after lunch on Main Street while the castle show was going on:

Picture061.jpg

I stole the idea from a photopass CM who had seen me walking by the show at one point and asked if I wanted my picture taken with the fireworks. This was the picture I had printed for my free Disney Visa print, but for others I cheated and took a picture of the picture on the computer once I got home:

Picture015.jpg

After lunch I wandered out onto Main Street wondering what to do. As I stood there like a silly tourist, some Main Street dancers came out and performed.

Picture166.jpg

It was a delightful little bit of magic I would have never caught if I was chugging through a plan of ride A, then B, then C. I was in a perfect little La-La land when I meandered back to Fantasyland only to stumble upon the Fantasyland Woodwind Society.

Picture080.jpg

Peter Pan came out for his meet and greet just as they were finishing, so they played "Following the Leader" for him and he got two little girls involved and they played follow-the-leader over to his meet and greet spot. More little bits of magic that I simply hadn't ever slowed down long enough to see. More meandering and soaking-it-in, and I ended up in ToonTown doing some more pin trading. I rode the railroad all the way around, only to exit back in ToonTown and realize one of my pins had fallen off! This just wouldn't do. I made my way back toward Main Street and happened upon the Main Street Philharmonic playing.

Picture091.jpg

They were playing King Louie's song "I Wanna Be Like You" when I finally realized my camera could take video too (yes, this is the same camera I've been using all week and on the last two trips ::ashamed:: ). I've never been a big King Louie fan; monkeys and apes just aren't my thing, but since my cat Louie's original name was Louis Prima (the singer who voiced King Louie) I've grown a little fonder of the orange guy. I excitedly managed to get a short clip, but quickly realized that Louie wouldn't care less. (And I was proven to be correct when I showed it to him when I got home.)

I popped into the Emporium after the show and did some more pin shopping - hey, I had to replace the lost one - with 5 more. ::guilty and ashamed:: Then I grabbed some curb to wait for the 3:00 parade. The Dapper Dans were singing on the route while we waited.

Picture098.jpg

I know these are all scheduled performances, but it was so cool to me to see all these little attractions that you really only get to see if you aren't running around from ride to ride, just taking your time or happen upon them. After the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade I headed back into Adventureland to take a Jungle Cruise and see even more Pirates. I rounded back into Fantasyland for another listen to Mickey's PhilharMagic, followed by more playtime with Pooh and a spin on the Mad Tea Party teacups. I was basically looking to kill time now until my Crystal Palace ADR I had managed to get when I cancelled Garden Grill. I found myself back in ToonTown and looking at a line for the Princesses that was only 15 minutes long. I'm not really a princess person, but geez, for 15 minutes, why not?

If I had to meet princesses, I was hoping to meet Belle, but no such luck. First I met Aurora, who upon seeing my pins said that I must like animals. She asked what is my favorite animal, and when I replied with "wolves" she said not to tell her friend Belle because she is afraid of wolves. Ariel asked me if I swam over from New Orleans.

Picture145.jpg

Cinderella was the last one there, but she didn't interact much. I exited the princess area and saw the Fairies line was 40 minutes. I was still killing time before my ADR and I had just swallowed my pride and met some princesses, so why not the Fairies? At least they have a little bit of attitude, right?

I don't know much about the Fairies, but I knew Fawn was the animal fairy, so of course she was NOT in the room. I met the pink one, Tink and the purple wind fairy, Vidia. The interaction was WAY more than I expected as a solo adult. They were not content to stand for the picture and smile and move on. Tink was very interested in my shiny pins.

Picture058.jpg

Vidia was very interested in taking the focus off of Tink.

Picture060.jpg

Vidia decided that I was animal talent and made me put my braid over my shoulder "like Fawn does."

Picture070.jpg

The interaction was great. I was completely unprepared to be so involved, and I have to admit it was worth waiting 40 minutes to meet the Fairies. When I came out of the meet and greet it was pouring rain. I dashed next door to Mickey's house and found Mickey and Minnie all alone. They must have been bored, because they were sure happy to see me, sopping wet and all. Minnie insisted on kisses all around.

Picture159.jpg

Picture160.jpg

There was a torrential downpour going on and ToonTown and Fantasyland were deserted as I sloshed through. I made it to Crystal Palace, but I was still early for my ADR and had to bench it for a bit on a very soggy bench. That sort of wet miserableness called for a chocolate milk when I was seated. The buffet was ok, but not great. Somehow I ended up with chocolate milk, chocolate soft serve and a hot chocolate on my table, so that was pretty great. The characters were pretty busy, but they all stopped long enough to insist that I have my picture taken with them and tracked down another CM to take it. That was very nice of them, even though I was a soggy mess and not fit to be photographed.

Picture163.jpg

Picture070-1.jpg

Picture168.jpg

While in Crystal Palace, the downpour continued and the lightening showed up. I waited around and held out hope that it would slack off and they would run Wishes, but then the dreaded announcement came. First delayed, then cancelled due to inclement weather. I was momentarily very disappointed because I had stayed in MK to end the trip with Wishes. I may have been able to make it Epcot to see if they would have any better luck with Illuminations, but it was late, I was soaked and tired, and overall it had been a really wonderful day. I decided to call it a night, and caught the bus back to Music.

I'm loving your TR so far. I would love to do a short quick solo trip someday. When you went on rides like Peter Pan or Winnie the Pooh, were you seated in your own ride vehicle?

Good for you and your solo trip. :yay: I think your photos are great, too. I appreciate you taking the time to tell us all about your trip and what it was like to travel to WDW alone. After having read your t.r. I think I'd like my very own solo trip. :)
Sharon

I am enjoying your TR. I often dream of doing a solo trip so I enjoy reading when others do. :thumbsup2

I went a number of years ago - 12/6-1/1. I froze!!! Unfortunately, I did not bring a coat nor gloves which I could have used. I was going to FLA - who knew I would need my winter coat?! I ended up buying sweatshirts and layering them.

Thanks! I was well prepared for the cold. I had layers, small jacket, big coat, gloves...the works. I just still don't do well in the cold, even bundled up. But that's when the conference was. What was I going to do? Go to Orlando and NOT go to Disney? Tried that once and I vowed NEVER AGAIN! :rotfl:

I'm loving your TR so far. I would love to do a short quick solo trip someday. When you went on rides like Peter Pan or Winnie the Pooh, were you seated in your own ride vehicle?

Thanks! For Peter Pan I was always in my own ship. For Pooh I shared a honey pot, but I was always in my own row. I just had someone in front of me or behind me. One time it was so slow I had my own honey pot too. I also had my own row each time on Pirates, Thunder Mountain, and small world. I had my own car/buggy/cup for snow white, haunted mansion, tea party, TTA, and Buzz.

In Epcot I had my own car for Spaceship Earth and Nemo, my own row for Living with the Land, but sat on the end next to two other people on Test Track. At HS they did not make me share my car (or my row, of course there was someone on the opposite side of the car) for Toy Story, but I did have to sit next to someone each time on RnR. And in AK I always shared a row on the Safari and had someone sit next to me on Everest. I forget what happened on Dinosaur - guess I was a bit distracted. When I had to ride with someone else, sometimes we chatted, sometimes we just ignored each other, but it was always fine.

For anyone not sure if they could do a solo trip, I say go for it! Except for tour groups, every guest I encountered was either very nice or too wrapped up in what they were doing to give me a second glance. Tour groups will be pushy, loud, obnoxious and entitled whether you're alone or in a grand gathering. Most CMs were fine about it; no special attention, but no big deal about it - except for that check-in CM, I STILL don't understand what her deal was.

Good for you and your solo trip. :yay: I think your photos are great, too. I appreciate you taking the time to tell us all about your trip and what it was like to travel to WDW alone. After having read your t.r. I think I'd like my very own solo trip. :)
Sharon

Thanks! Obviously it took me a while to decide to go ahead and do a TR. I wondered if anyone would be interested in reading about me just hanging out. There are no cute kids or funny stories; I like to think my writing is pretty decent, but even fair grammar and wording flourishes can only hold so much interest. I did my best to keep it from being "I rode A, then B, then C" all the way through, but I did want to keep an account of what I accomplished too. On the plus side, I've got a trip coming up in one month with a friend (my ex, actually) and now, after writing this, not only am I excited to get back there with him, but I'm even more excited to go back in January by myself and really get to slow down again and see what else I can discover. :cloud9:

I don't know; where have you been? Slacking on your Disney research, tsk tsk. It's a roller coaster simulator that's supposed to show that math is important. But mostly it's a roller coaster simulator. :rolleyes: I think it opened late in '09.

LOL smarty pants ; ). That explains it , I havent been since 08, and nope havent been keeping up. Now with a new trip planned Im back on the keeping up track.

All this time ive "known" you I had no idea you were such a chocolate lover, we must be related ; ) .

Good to know about the jungle cruise at night , I told hubby and he agreed we must try . I need to go back and read your report again for more tips. Apparently you know wayyyyyyyy more than me lol.

I will need another trip report for your upcoming trip .. don't you have one planned soon? No waiting months to do it either .. haha. I need help planning my May trip.

LOL smarty pants ; ). That explains it , I havent been since 08, and nope havent been keeping up. Now with a new trip planned Im back on the keeping up track.

All this time ive "known" you I had no idea you were such a chocolate lover, we must be related ; ) .

Not all chocolate. I'm not a fan of the bar form for the most part - though I do indulge in the very occasional Ghirardelli dark chocolate square. I'm big on brownies, chocolate milk and chocolate ice cream, preferably in soft serve, shake or frosty form. Not a big fan of milk chocolate except for Dove. Hershey's = yuck.

Good to know about the jungle cruise at night , I told hubby and he agreed we must try . I need to go back and read your report again for more tips. Apparently you know wayyyyyyyy more than me lol.

Now I'm in trouble. ;) Let me know how my tips hold up; I'm supposed to be helping my future boss plan her honeymoon next year. yikes.

I will need another trip report for your upcoming trip .. don't you have one planned soon? No waiting months to do it either .. haha. I need help planning my May trip.

27 more days! I'll try to have it up before my January '12 trip. And I'll TRY to have January up for you before May. But no promises. :rolleyes1

Glad to hear about your trip.
I love going solo and have done it many times. I usually spend 4 or 5 days doing everything I want and then my sister joins me for a day or two.
I am suprised that the resort cast members were bugging you about being alone. I have checked in to disney hotels alone (a lot) and have read many solo reports so I know it is a common thing.
The only solo thing that was ever uncomfortable for me was on a cruise a long time ago. My first solo Disney cruise was amazing and I loved it. But, I was sitting with a family for dinner one night and the family was just not my kind of people. They asked my WHY would you go on vacation by yourself?? And they seemed to feel I was a very strange person. Other than that one instance, I LOVED being solo!!
Thanks for sharing your trip! I am looking forward to reading more.

Glad to hear about your trip.
I love going solo and have done it many times. I usually spend 4 or 5 days doing everything I want and then my sister joins me for a day or two.
I am suprised that the resort cast members were bugging you about being alone. I have checked in to disney hotels alone (a lot) and have read many solo reports so I know it is a common thing.
The only solo thing that was ever uncomfortable for me was on a cruise a long time ago. My first solo Disney cruise was amazing and I loved it. But, I was sitting with a family for dinner one night and the family was just not my kind of people. They asked my WHY would you go on vacation by yourself?? And they seemed to feel I was a very strange person. Other than that one instance, I LOVED being solo!!
Thanks for sharing your trip! I am looking forward to reading more.

Thanks for reading!

It was just the one check-in CM that gave me trouble. The other CM behind the counter seemed to understand, but it really threw me off. I guess some people are luckier than others to be able to travel together. My fiance and I had broken up, my parents hate Disney, my brother is broke, and between college, Katrina and the economy my few close friends live in other states and/or are struggling financially. If I can afford it and want to go, I shouldn't b/c I'm not traveling with a husband and 2.5 children? No one else mentioned it at all, in a good or bad way. I was just another guest, which is all I wanted.

For folks like your dinner mates and that one CM, I've decided on a response. I feel like "you don't have to rub it in" made it seem like there was something wrong with me for not having anyone to travel with. If I have the misfortune to encounter anyone else who thinks it's their business to comment on my travel situation, they will get a "yeah, my husband just died tragically and suddenly, that's why I'm alone; thanks for bringing it up." Hopefully that will not only shut them up immediately, but have them think about what they are about to blurt out in the future. And then I can come post a TR and have a good laugh at their expense. :thumbsup2

Conclusion and Wrap Up

Research Teams: Out in full force. I was stopped three times, but saw them out and about everywhere.

Buses: I only had to stand twice, but I did encounter quite a few considerable waits. On the other hand, one time I only waited three minutes and one time there was a bus waiting for me. Music buses did stop at Sports on the way back, but the couple extra minutes to do so didn't bother me.

Resort: Music is very nice. The grounds are pretty, even the Country Fair section wasn't TOO hokey. The music there is more of the country/pop crossover selection; not my favorite, but tolerable. However, returning late at night in the cold was brutal. I will probably spring for a preferred room in winter months to avoid the freezing ten minute walk back to the room.

Mood: It took me some time to get the hang of being content to be alone. Contributing factors include coming from a work conference and having to switch gears, my grandma's funeral on the day I left, first time back since breaking up with ex, and just being a shy introvert to start with. Now that I know what to expect, I'm much more looking forward to my next post-conference solo trip, and I'm thinking it will be easier to settle in to the swing of things.

Wednesday 1/26
I felt a terrible wave of disappointment when Mickey and Stitch's wake up call came at 8:30am. I was just getting used to being here alone, but I was missing the cats and it was time to go. I finished packing and loaded up the car. My plan was to drive up front to the food court and grab a croissant before hitting the road, but when I was ready to head out my car would not start. I had problems with the battery in the past, but this was a new battery, so I REALLY HOPED it just needed a jump, but of course I was thinking ahead to worst case scenarios.

I keep jumper cables in my car, but there was no one else in the parking lot, so I called the front desk and asked for someone to come give me a jump. It made me feel a little better when the guy that came said they have to do that a lot. Once I was up and running, I was too scared to turn the car off so soon, so I scrapped the breakfast plans, set the Garmin and started driving.

With the delay, I wasn't on the way until 10am; arrived home around 6:30pm. Let me take this opportunity to highly recommend 5 Hour Energy drinks for anyone who has to drive a long way alone. I don't how people ever did road trips without them.

So that's the story. Here's the breakdown:
7 nights
6 days
5 Parades
7 Fireworks/nighttime shows
31 Characters
95 Attractions/shows
6 times - Pirates
5 times - Buzz, Pooh, PhilharMagic
3 times - TTA, Jungle Cruse, Safari, Soarin'
18 Bus rides
4 Monorail rides
4 chocolate milkshakes
2,815 pictures

That's enough out of me. Overall I had a great trip, and I'd encourage anyone debating about a solo trip to take the plunge and go have a Magical time. Thanks for reading! :wizard:

I'm glad you're so looking forward to heading back.....with company and without. Hope the cats were happy to see you back home, too. Thanks for writing!

I'm glad you're so looking forward to heading back.....with company and without. Hope the cats were happy to see you back home, too. Thanks for writing!

I'm getting really excited about getting back. Just bought a new trip book tonight, actually. Both my cats are very independent. I get home and they give me this look that says, "oh. you again. I guess you can stay."

Great report - sorry to see it end. :thumbsup2

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. Fear not, there will probably be a piratey pre-trip report surfacing soon. pirate: And another solo report for January 2012, after the vet conference again. :cat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter