Seeking the FIRMEST possible bed pillow: any recommendations?

shh

DIS Veteran
Hi all: lots of savvy shoppers here, so reaching out: has anyone who needs extra neck/shoulder/head support when sleeping actually found a very firm pillow that won't sag or collapse after a few days? Huge bonus point if it also sleeps fairly cool or at least neutral, as I'm in a hot climate.

OR maybe you couldn't find one either, but have a suggestion on how to make one out of other materials - I could care less what it looks like. Just want something that holds my big 'ole head up. :teeth:

Every one I try to find has "meh" reviews - or they call it "extra firm" and it feels like a marshmallow to me.

grungy-rock-14495322.jpg

My only thought was any hotel pillow ever known to man. But I know, that is of zero help.

And honestly, I am of zero help. As a stomach sleeper I need a flat squishy pillow or my neck is jacked up!

Searching for an elusive pillow is not easy. Dh is very picky and we always think we have a winner, but after a few days it's a loser. Good luck!

Reactions: shh
My husband complained about his pillow for decades, until I bought him a firm My Pillow. He loves it.
these things are so individual, right? I HATED MyPillow - just sunk into it/collapsed like the others and I'm pretty sure it was marked "firm". So no luck for me on that one. But thanks for posting - any/all comments are welcome.

Another vote for Tempurpedic, yes, it's expensive but I use it EVERYNIGHT! I've had mine for over 4 years and it still seems new and have many more years left.

I’m a super picky pillow person (wish I wasn’t), and I’ve tried a bunch. I wouldn’t say I love a super firm pillow, but I definitely don’t want it getting thinner over time, moving around, getting clumpy, etc. I tried the temperpedic, but I felt the shape of it (it felt like a rectangle, don’t know how to explain that) and didn’t like it, I found these based on a friend’s recommendation, and after 2 years I still like them, they sleep pretty cool and still feel exactly as firm/full as they did on day one (you actually fill them to the exact firmness you like). Everyone is different, so just sharing an option that worked well for me. Good luck in your search.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FVWN9H2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

I use a memory foam cooling side sleeper. It takes a few nights to get used to, but then feels like your head is weightlessly supported.

It's totally worth it, though. I've been sleeping on one for over 20 years. I even take it with me when I travel.

Sooo....you guys had me convinced on Tempurpedic, but sadly, reading quite a few reviews from the Tempurpedic site and Amazon, they completely changed this pillow in the past year or so.:(

Read a bunch of verified reviews and many said they had always loved this pillow, was the only one they bought for years, etc, but apparently, the new version is different. The company cheaped out with diff materials and other shortcuts that really changed it for the worse. Just sharing this as a head's up to anyone who may be replacing an older Tempurpedic.

(Don't know why companies have to mess with a good thing and damage their brand reputation, just to make a few cents more profit?)

I’m a super picky pillow person (wish I wasn’t), and I’ve tried a bunch. I wouldn’t say I love a super firm pillow, but I definitely don’t want it getting thinner over time, moving around, getting clumpy, etc. I tried the temperpedic, but I felt the shape of it (it felt like a rectangle, don’t know how to explain that) and didn’t like it, I found these based on a friend’s recommendation, and after 2 years I still like them, they sleep pretty cool and still feel exactly as firm/full as they did on day one (you actually fill them to the exact firmness you like). Everyone is different, so just sharing an option that worked well for me. Good luck in your search.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FVWN9H2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

This one's interesting - may give it a shot. I'm a bit skeptical of all the great reviews on Amazon, but it helps to hear good things from a fellow DIS member, vs just reading internet reviews. It's free shipping/returns, so why the heck not, right?

I also hate soft pillows and the one I have used for 20+ years now is a buckwheat pillow, filled with thousands of buckwheat hulls. It is also known as a Sobakawa pillow. It's a little noisy when when you toss and turn occasionally at night, but it doesn't bother me. I can't sleep with a conventional pillow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter