Seen Michael W. Smith last night..

shep

Let me tell ya about our 2008 trip out west...
We got to see Michael W. Smith last night for free..
After the Reds/Padres game he did a free concert to all those that had tickets to the baseball game..:)

It was a wonderful concert!!!! Christian music really connects me with my Lord and Saviour.

I met this incredible man about two years ago and one of my favorite photos is of me and him with me leaning on his shoulder! What a NICE guy!

My girlfriend Kelly had given me his book for Christmas and up till then I didn't know him at all. I loved his book and was just dying to meet the man who wrote it. I had no idea that my station played his music!

So, to make a long story short, he was set to be interviewed by one of my jocks and Kelly and I acted like a couple of silly fans waiting for him to come out of the studio... (the fact that Kelly looks like Cindy Crawford did NOT hurt!) Well, he posed for pictures and then invited us to dinner. We couldn't go but I'll never forget how wonderful and kind he was.

And not hard on the eyes AT ALL! :p

B0000004TH.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Sorry.......I've never heard of him!

Cool! I haven't seen him since he opened for Amy Grant in the Lead Me On tour.

Robin, Smitty invites you to dinner and you can't go? What a BUMMER!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by meeshi
Robin, Smitty invites you to dinner and you can't go? What a BUMMER!!!!!!!!

BUMMER is right!! He is such a sweetie... and BREATHTAKING in person, I might add!!
1luvu.gif

R&B, Shannon? Maybe you're thinking WILL Smith??? :p

Blondie, don't feel bad, I didnt' know who he was before I got his book either. He is a contemporary Christian singer and has had several crossover hits, "Place In this World" I think was his biggest. He has quite a following, too, me being one of his newest! :teeth:

I would have cancelled whatever was on my calendar to have dinner with him. :teeth:

I love MWS. I haven't seen him in concert since the 80s. He's a great song writer. He did most of his touring then with Amy Grant. We do a lot of his songs from his new praise album at church. I get to see him in September at Night of Joy at Magic Kingdom (along with Jaci Velasquez, Plus One, Audio Adrenaline, Stacie Orrico, Joy Williams, and Petra). I am so excited!

Originally posted by Pin Wizard
I would have cancelled whatever was on my calendar to have dinner with him. :teeth:

Unfortunately, I had a "previous" appointment with another MICHAEL, my son... :p

WHO, btw, will NEVER forgive me for not getting introduced to him!

Cool. I haven't heard of him for quite some time... just remember one song he did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter