Segway tour excursions....worth it?

Megsmachine

I love Minnie!
We are looking into the Segway tours in Cozumel or Costa Maya. Has anyone ever done one of those? Thoughts, feedback appreciated! 2 adults, 3 teenagers.

I have only done Segway tours in Paris and Barcelona. It covered more ground without walking tiredly in the heat and it was a lot of fun. DD was 16 then and she really loved it. She got to speed up really fast on her own during a brief break from the instructor. Some European streets are narrow and we had no problems passing through. This is the best way to tour a city. I love it! We will be sailing from Miami in January 2019. I will be booking a Segway tour in Fort Lauderdale. I would use it as a means to see a city whenever it is offered. Sorry that I cannot comment on the ones in Mexico. Hope this helps though.

We have not done the ones you mention, but did one in Munich while waiting for our son to join us from his semester abroad in Italy. Well, our trip ended that day, as DH swerved to avoid a young woman who stepped in front of him, and he broke his leg. An ER trip, 6 days in the hospital, surgery, a nail and 5 screws in his leg later, we went home.

Segways are awesome, but pay attention to the training they give you to ride them. Then, follow it! That said, up to the point DH broke his leg, we had a fantastic time and saw a lot of Munich!

We have not done the ones you mention, but did one in Munich while waiting for our son to join us from his semester abroad in Italy. Well, our trip ended that day, as DH swerved to avoid a young woman who stepped in front of him, and he broke his leg. An ER trip, 6 days in the hospital, surgery, a nail and 5 screws in his leg later, we went home.

Segways are awesome, but pay attention to the training they give you to ride them. Then, follow it! That said, up to the point DH broke his leg, we had a fantastic time and saw a lot of Munich!
Sorry to hear that! A woman did something similar in a narrow pathway. She walked then stopped when she saw me then walked again and I didn’t know how to react to her movement. I lost balance, jumped off the Segway and bumped my shin. I had brought wrist guards from home. Maybe I will bring the knee guards as well this time.

My boyfriend and I love to do Segway tours in any city we get the opportunity. We’ve been lucky not to get hurt and we’ve learned tidbits of info about that particular city from the guide. As another poster wrote, I can’t say anything specific about the Cozumel tour but I definitely recommend Segways in general. Enjoy your trip!!

Tried a Segway tour in Miami before my 2017 Feb Magic cruise. NOT a fan. I ran into the curb and tire-burned my ankle before we even got started. Our guide helped me a LOT, but the only time I was really the slightest bit comfortable was when we were on Star Island and there were no cars to worry about.

If you like them, it's probably a good thing. But I have zero plans to ever do a Segway again.

Thanks all for your input!! Except the dud that linked the article pirate: No idea what that was about. :yay:

I've done them in Barcelona and Madrid. I loved it because we got an interesting tour along with the ride experience. It was fun.

Yes, we did the segway tour in Cozumel. It was raining slightly when we left and it was just me and my mom. I thought the tour would be cancelled, but it wasn't. There is a lot of time on the segways and a stop in a old village where we had a snack and a bottle of water. There was a small walking tour of the village as well.

After, I think we stopped at Playa Mia for a beach break part of the tour. The weather wasnt the greatest, but we did have a fun time at the beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter