• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Self Extenders

Wow I have lurked on this thread off and on and wanted to say we too arrived at OKW on Jan1 this year at 7:30 AM. I was offsite at a school conference and needed to be back by 9. I was told it would be ready after lunch. We went back to my conference, checked out of that, changed, checked out of that hotel, went to the MK for the day and arrived back at OKW at 5 PM to a line that was insane. (Computer glitches). I never complained or whined although there were some nasty people around me. Waited 45 minutes in line to get my room only to find out it was not ready. I never asked for a thing and I am still in amazement over what they comped us. We finally got into our room about the same time as Deb & Bill, 8:30 PM with us going in one way and the housekeepers going out the other!:confused3

That was the same day as us. We were told that they had several guests who did not check out as they were supposed to that day. I guess we were a bit luckier than you. Our's was trashed, too.

You know, I can just see what happened....They had a NYE party! Not an excuse, but I hope DVC fined their butts over it!

You know, I can just see what happened....They had a NYE party! Not an excuse, but I hope DVC fined their butts over it!
Of course they did! Isn't a GV the perfect place for a NYE party? I too hope that they fine their butts over it. I think we all learned our lesson, winnedapooh included, not to change resorts on New Year's Day! This year we're changing on NYE which may not be much better :scared1:!

http://www.disboards.com/member.php?u=32279

(Sorry OT) robinb...just noticed in your sig that you've been to every Disney park in the world! Which is your favorite (besides our beloved WDW, of course!)? Just curious as I've been gathering info on DLP.

As far as NYE parties in the GV's -- what would they really do other than charge for one more night? I would like to think there was a huge cleaning fee charged, but I doubt that's the case. Also, I wonder if there are different "leniency" levels based on points vs. cash.

(Sorry OT) robinb...just noticed in your sig that you've been to every Disney park in the world! Which is your favorite (besides our beloved WDW, of course!)? Just curious as I've been gathering info on DLP.
My favorite is the original Disneyland. It's the park that Walt built and it is so intimate and wonderful! My second favorite is Disney Sea in Tokyo Bay ... the theming is awe inspiring. It makes Animal Kingdom look like a church carnival!

As far as NYE parties in the GV's -- what would they really do other than charge for one more night? I would like to think there was a huge cleaning fee charged, but I doubt that's the case. Also, I wonder if there are different "leniency" levels based on points vs. cash.
I don't really know what the solution is to folks who trash a villa like ours was trashed. The housekeeping manager told me that they spent hours cleaning the villa. I would like to think that the compensation that we received was charged to the offenders, but I doubt it. I do know that manager was mad enough to consider it!

I don't really know what the solution is to folks who trash a villa like ours was trashed. The housekeeping manager told me that they spent hours cleaning the villa. I would like to think that the compensation that we received was charged to the offenders, but I doubt it. I do know that manager was mad enough to consider it!

I totally agree that they should have been charged for the cleaning and possibly even for an extra days points. But I have to ask, if any of you were there for New Years Eve and had planned a party would you have planned to check out on New Years Day?:scared1: I know I would have at least stayed one more day.

I totally agree that they should have been charged for the cleaning and possibly even for an extra days points. But I have to ask, if any of you were there for New Years Eve and had planned a party would you have planned to check out on New Years Day?:scared1: I know I would have at least stayed one more day.
I can't speak for the other people who checked in on 1/1, but I think the reason why the people didn't stay longer in our grand villa was because of us. January 1, 2006 was a Sunday in Adventure season (36 points) while December 31, 2005 was a Saturday in Premier season (162 points). We booked 1/1 at exactly 11 months in advance and never had any intention to spend that many points on 12/31. My guess is that the people who booked 12/31 were hoping that they could snag 1/1 off the waitlist and that never happened. So, they made the best of things for themselves and left us in a lurch.

I can't speak for the other people who checked in on 1/1, but I think the reason why the people didn't stay longer in our grand villa was because of us. January 1, 2006 was a Sunday in Adventure season (36 points) while December 31, 2005 was a Saturday in Premier season (162 points). We booked 1/1 at exactly 11 months in advance and never had any intention to spend that many points on 12/31. My guess is that the people who booked 12/31 were hoping that they could snag 1/1 off the waitlist and that never happened. So, they made the best of things for themselves and left us in a lurch.

Well, that does make sense then. Personally I would have made sure I was up booking it day by day myself if I was planning to have a party. To bad this world has become a place where people think their time is more important than yours, but we see it everywhere.

Of course they did! Isn't a GV the perfect place for a NYE party? I too hope that they fine their butts over it. I think we all learned our lesson, winnedapooh included, not to change resorts on New Year's Day! This year we're changing on NYE which may not be much better :scared1:!

http://www.disboards.com/member.php?u=32279

Jeez, they trashed a minimum (that we know of) three GRAND VILLAS.

I wonder if it was all separate party-hearties, or one giant slovenly group?

I really wonder if they got in trouble for it. It's too bad we don't have a Naughty Group, we can't post on it but we can peruse it and go, ooooh, so that's who had the multiple protein spills in the GV on NYE!

I wonder fi there's a nDVC naughty list?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter