Self Parking at GCH with construction

bethwc101

DIS Veteran
Wondering what the updated situation is on the self parking for the Grand Californian since they were going to move in their construction equipment to that lot and the Porte cochere being under construction?
Can we still unload at the hotel, get our key for check in, and then drive across the street to the parking lot and show them our key to get in to the lot?

Wondering what the updated situation is on the self parking for the Grand Californian since they were going to move in their construction equipment to that lot and the Porte cochere being under construction?
Can we still unload at the hotel, get our key for check in, and then drive across the street to the parking lot and show them our key to get in to the lot?
That should work! I forget, when are you getting there?

I was there this month and we did exactly that.

You still park in the same place and we had no problem finding a spot on our 13 day stay.

I was there this month and we did exactly that.

You still park in the same place and we had no problem finding a spot on our 13 day stay.
Do you pay for parking when you check in at the hotel or at the toll booth entrance to the lot?

Do you pay for parking when you check in at the hotel or at the toll booth entrance to the lot?

Neither. You will be asked at check in if you are parking a car and if so via self park or valet. Charges will be added to your room accordingly and parking type will be printed on the room key.

Neither. You will be asked at check in if you are parking a car and if so via self park or valet. Charges will be added to your room key accordingly and parking type will be printed on the room key.
Then we just show the room key at the toll booth when we park?

Was there last month and the check in / unload luggage was over by the convention entrance to the hotel. We valet parked as we have a handicap placard and my Mom cannot make the walk over to the self park lot easily (or multiple times). Since I am DVC, I am not charged for self parking, and would only pay the upgrade to valet, but with the placard, the fee is waived. We do tip, of course.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter