Sell Coronado springs to me!!

IheartRapunzel

Mouseketeer
planning a trip to Disney for my college graduation!!! I've had always stayed in either POFQ or PORS my friends who are coming along on this trip want to try someplace new. They really want to stay at CS. I've looked at pictures, watched YouTube videos and just don't love it...at all! Maybe I'm just so used to PO and all the memories I have there...I don't know.
So what are some positives about this resort that may change my mind?? Please help!!

We have stayed at Coronado twice and really liked it. The pool area/jacuzzi/pool bar is one of our favorites. It's a large resort but we liked how quiet it was and our daughters enjoyed the dig site. I definitely prefer the theming over POFQ as it is more adult oriented and not so cutesy. We loved the proximity to the main pool (we requested and got building 8A both times) and didn't care that it was kind of far from the main building as we didn't go there much.

If you plan on taking the buses during your stay, they are by far the best service at CS out of the mods. That's pretty much the biggest selling point to me, although the pool there is pretty neat too. The theming isn't my cup of tea at all and the food court is only ehhhh for me, but the fact that the bus stops for this resort are much closer at literally every park than the other mods makes me very very very happy at the end of the night when my legs and feet are killing me. Just the walk out to the CS stop at the MK makes it worth staying here over the other mods.

650.png

Although bus numbers can change, #11 and 12 has been CS for a long while now. Port Orleans is 19/20, with French Quarter being #18. Caribbean Beach is #31/32. It's pretty much like this at every other park in terms of convenience for your tired feet. CS caters to convention goers so I'm pretty sure they try to impress them with better bus service. Because of their catering to convention guests, it feels like a mini-deluxe in terms of amenities (spa at the resort, a mini-club level, etc.) where the other mods don't. The theming is lacking but it feels more adult and upscale when you see it in person. It's just boring theming. Also, when discounts come out, historically the CS has had cheaper rooms than POR and most definitely FQ since they historically haven't offered discounts there at all in the past handful of years.

Actually, editing this because I realized colleges usually graduate in May. Spring discounts are out right now and it may be slim pickings for any dates in May or early June for any resort that falls under the discount.

Graduation is in May, but we are actually planning a fall trip! We are hoping to be able to catch some of the new things by waiting such as the animal kingdom light show. Also Hopefully less heat and crowds. I like how people are saying it has the best bus system. That's a plus for sure. But I don't know...it was this or CB and I have heard terrible things about that resort. I'd much rather stay at port Orleans but I'm trying to make everyone happy. I can understand wanting to try something new I'm just not crazy over the other mod resorts and since I will be paying a decent amount I want to be happy with what I'm getting. I know we probably won't be there much since most of the time will be spent at the parks and such but I still feel like the resort matters a little bit.

I've looked at pictures, watched YouTube videos and just don't love it...at all!

Then there's probably no hope for you :)

For me, here is why Coronado is my favorite resort that I've stayed at, which includes CBR, POFQ, POR, and Wilderness Lodge:

1. The busing. Others have said it, but it's worth repeating. You can't beat it.
2. Conventions. Some people don't like that it's a convention center, but that contributes to the great busing, IMO. More people at the convention = fewer people going to the parks, fewer people in the pool, etc. You really don't cross paths with the conventioneers much, besides at the bars at night and El Centro in the morning.
3. Food options. Maya Grill and Pepper Market are great, and Siestas has a fantastic location - right next to the pool bar.
4. Layout. POR confused me, which isn't a difficult task :) CSR is very simple. Giant lake with a loop around it, for the most part. The front desk is located right where it should be, too, unlike CBR.
5. Atmosphere. I love the beach theme of the Cabanas!
6. Pool slide. Best in WDW, outside of Beach Club. The slides at the other moderates seem silly in comparison.
7. Location. Short hop to Animal Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios. You can also see Illuminations and the Star Wars fireworks from locations at Coronado.
8. Theming. It's like "Epcot Mexico Pavilion", but in resort form.

If you've watched videos and seen pictures, and it doesn't look like it's for you, it probably isn't. But we love it. This June will be our 6th stay at CSR, out of 11 family trips.

I was like you and my first moderate stay was at POR. My mom and I just loved the theming and everything about it. Fast forward two years and our next trip we were only able to get a discounted rate at CSR. We enjoyed our trip (especially the amazing pool and bus service!), but we both said the theme didn't wow us. We wanted to be back at POR. So, later the same year we take a long weekend trip down for the F&W festival staying at POR. The theming is just as great as we remember, but the bus service was horrible (as in waiting almost an hour one day for a MK bus horrible), the pool was smaller and crowded, and the resort was much more crowded in general. This April we are headed back to CSR. We decided the amazing pool and bus service beat out a little less theming!

Even though it is very large, it never seems crowded.

Has a great pool area.

Love the food court.

Dont have to share bus service with other resorts.

If we go back to a moderate, this is where we will go.

Hi - my daughter and I stayed at Coronado this past November and we loved it! Some of the things we enjoyed were the pool, the Siestas Cantina by the pool where you could eat breakfast or lunch there, lush landscaping, easy walk to bus, very peaceful and relaxing - not a lot of people around. We requested the Cabanas section and were assigned there. If you're used to POR, you probably wouldn't enjoy the Ranchos section since it's desert landscaping, but the Cabanas section was lush and green.

If you do stay there, you can always visit POR for a meal; we actually did that on our last trip and ate at Boatwrights - we love southern food!

Have fun on your trip wherever you stay!

My fiance and I are staying at Coronado Springs this upcoming June for a week. We've stayed at Coronado Springs before and very much enjoyed it. We also went to Disney World last year and stayed at Animal Kingdom lodge, really liked it, but going back to Coronado Springs this year. Animal Kingdom was phenomenal but expensive, therefore going back to Coronado Springs. Our favorite part about Coronado is how quiet it is. I'm not sure if you have children, but we were looking for a resort with the most minimal amount of children running around. CS is very quiet, clean, updated, and the pool is fantastic as well.

Thanks for everyone's input. I think most of it has to do with the memories I've made there. I used to stay there with my grandparents who are no longer with me. So whenever I am at this resort I feel as if a part of them is with me. Silly I know :)
I do not have any children so that's not an issue. I'm mainly worried about feeling as if I'm missing out. For example I love taking the boat rides to dtd which is only offered at port Orleans. I know change is good and I should give it a chance

Loved this resort. I find it comparable to a deluxe (with the exception of location). The Mexico pavilion is one of my favourites at Epcot and this is like staying there. The lake makes it feel more upscale and it's really pretty at night. I love this resort.

I would love to stay at a delux resort someday just to be on the monerial all the time but sadly way too expensive for me lol maybe someday. I can dream right?

Loved this resort. I find it comparable to a deluxe (with the exception of location). The Mexico pavilion is one of my favourites at Epcot and this is like staying there. The lake makes it feel more upscale and it's really pretty at night. I love this resort.
I will agree with you. The night time pictures I have seen are beautiful!!

I was like you and my first moderate stay was at POR. My mom and I just loved the theming and everything about it. Fast forward two years and our next trip we were only able to get a discounted rate at CSR. We enjoyed our trip (especially the amazing pool and bus service!), but we both said the theme didn't wow us. We wanted to be back at POR. So, later the same year we take a long weekend trip down for the F&W festival staying at POR. The theming is just as great as we remember, but the bus service was horrible (as in waiting almost an hour one day for a MK bus horrible), the pool was smaller and crowded, and the resort was much more crowded in general. This April we are headed back to CSR. We decided the amazing pool and bus service beat out a little less theming!

I love POR too. But last year when I stayed with my nephew at CSR it seemed like POR always has the fullest bus queues leaving the parks at night. And the buses didn't seem to be coming very quickly either. We have CSR booked for this October. And has anyone mentioned how nice it is to have a door separating the sleeping area from the sink area? Love that! Wish they would do that at all resorts.

CSR is very nice! The grounds are beautiful, and the dining options are above average.

Graduation is in May, but we are actually planning a fall trip! We are hoping to be able to catch some of the new things by waiting such as the animal kingdom light show. Also Hopefully less heat and crowds. I like how people are saying it has the best bus system. That's a plus for sure. But I don't know...it was this or CB and I have heard terrible things about that resort. I'd much rather stay at port Orleans but I'm trying to make everyone happy. I can understand wanting to try something new I'm just not crazy over the other mod resorts and since I will be paying a decent amount I want to be happy with what I'm getting. I know we probably won't be there much since most of the time will be spent at the parks and such but I still feel like the resort matters a little bit.

I felt that way the first time I was going to stay there too so I understand what you mean! I was very disappointed and almost sulky over it up until we caught our first bus to the Magic Kingdom the first morning. There was minimal waiting for a bus, we didn't have to be crammed in or stand up, and because CSR is so centrally located it didn't take long to get to MK (or anywhere else)! And I really can't stress enough how great the bus stop locations are, it's worth staying there alone. CS has better bus stop locations than some deluxe resorts and much better bus service than pretty much all the deluxes I've stayed at. I've stayed at all the mods and CSR has the worst theming out of them but the best amenities, relaxing room feel, and bus service. The dining options are better and the pool is much better with one of the best slides on property. The atmosphere at POR is wonderful but we just drop by for dinner on our Disney Springs day if we want to visit and soak up the theming. The boat ride there and back is nice and makes getting there a breeze even if you're not staying at POR. If you're really bummed about CSR maybe you could look into Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom lodge? Rooms at these deluxe resorts are the cheapest and start at about $100-150 more a night than the mods rack rate, but you're going to be dealing with construction at WL and feeling remote at AKL.

Memories are a lot of what make a place special. But you do have the chance to make new memories at a new place. We have stayed CS numerous times and absolutely love it. Very open feel, great pool.

If you plan on taking the buses during your stay, they are by far the best service at CS out of the mods. That's pretty much the biggest selling point to me, although the pool there is pretty neat too. The theming isn't my cup of tea at all and the food court is only ehhhh for me, but the fact that the bus stops for this resort are much closer at literally every park than the other mods makes me very very very happy at the end of the night when my legs and feet are killing me. Just the walk out to the CS stop at the MK makes it worth staying here over the other mods.

We're staying CSR this summer, but I remember when we stayed at ASMo thinking, "I'm staying CSR next time! They get all the good bus stops!".

planning a trip to Disney for my college graduation!!! I've had always stayed in either POFQ or PORS my friends who are coming along on this trip want to try someplace new. They really want to stay at CS. I've looked at pictures, watched YouTube videos and just don't love it...at all! Maybe I'm just so used to PO and all the memories I have there...I don't know.
So what are some positives about this resort that may change my mind?? Please help!!

If you don't like what you see online, you probably will not like it in reality. I am not going to try to sell it to you. We stayed there in December because it was the least expensive of the Mods after the discount that was applied. My DDIL and a friend and I were traveling together to see the Lights one last time and wanted to keep the cost down. it's of my companions had stayed there before, and both were not thrilled with it but agreed that the cost was our priority this time.

It is a lovely resort. The grounds were immaculate, and impeccably groomed, even when considering that the summer growth was gone by. The amenities are wonderful. The decorations for the Holiday were absolutely beautiful...with those extra touches that seemed to be missing elsewhere. Dining and lounges add even more value. The rooms were spotless, and the beds comfortable. The staff was amazing and super fiendly and professional.

And I did not like the resort. My companions did, which was odd because they originally were the ones with reservations about the stay, based on size alone. You see, theme is important to many people, even if they do not recognize that aspect of a resort. So if you are not loving this theme, I am not going to try to send you there. I don't understand the concept of trying to convince people that their instincts are wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter