Sell me on Frozen Ever After

MiketheGrate

Mouseketeer
Our trip isn't until March, so I have a lot of time to plan my FP+ usage. For our Epcot days, I don't see any reason to do FEA, for the following reasons:

1. My boys (ages 7 and 5) have never seen Frozen, so they don't have any attachment to the characters.
2. I went on Maelstrom quite a few times when I was growing up and have great memories of the ride and am still a little (ok, a lot) bitter that it got replaced.
3. I don't remember Maelstrom being a particularly long or thrilling ride at the time, so I don't know if FEA would really be worth doing as a ride, unless you were really into Frozen.
4. My boys do like TT and Mission Space, so there are other uses for our FP+.
5. My wife *hates* the songs from the movie Frozen.

Is there something I'm missing? Is there anything so compelling about the ride that I should ride it regardless?

TT is IMO better use of the FP, especially when you don’t particularly care about Frozen. And your wife hating the songs doesn’t help it’s case lol!

Its a very cute dark ride though. I would still attempt to ride it and depending on how much Epcot time you have maybe get a FP for it.

Frozen Ever After is just an overlay of the old ride. Some random audio animatronics and a whole lot of glitter splattered on the walls. The only thing that I think is really nice is Marshmallow and the Snowgies. Everything else is kinda meh.

Tier 1 FPs are better used on Soarin or TT. If you want to be a commando, you can rope drop Frozen, run to Soarin and have a moderate wait and then do a TT FP.

Consider yourself lucky. You don't have to do it. It's a bit of a hassle unless you grab a same day for it if you happen to be in or on your way to WS. Don't do stuff just because lots of other folks might like it. You're paying too much to not customize your vacation.

Happily skip it. Walk right on by, and enjoy something else that makes more sense for you and the fam.

Epcot only has lines for TT, Frozen, Soarin' and LWTL. Tier 1 TT, standby for Frozen or try and snag a FP later on MDE. IME the line is not that bad, and if it is, just leave and come back later (it's a walk-on at fireworks).

Definitely focus on TT, but if the wait is ever 30 minutes at FEA, you should ride it. It is very cute and the animatronics are some of the best out there, if not the best.

I can't come up with any reason for you to do it other than to satisfy curiosity and/or compare the old to the new. I've ridden it maybe three times and each time I do, I wonder why I wasted so much of my Epcot day for something with very little payoff. Now if I had a little girl who LOVED the movie (and full disclosure, I actually liked it myself), I'd be all about it, just for seeing her reaction to it alone. But from now on, I think I'll skip it unless I get a granddaughter who wants to ride one day!

It's fun! It's my second favorite water ride at Epcot. If line is not too long, ride it. FP TT, wait in line for Soaring, roomy queue!

Absolutely no reason to do Frozen if your boys have no interest in the characters. it's not a great ride by any stretch. It's cute for kids who LOVE Frozen. Use your time and FPs for something else.

Also, considering your wife hates the sound track, please, please skip this ride. it will be a big nothing for your family.

Our trip isn't until March, so I have a lot of time to plan my FP+ usage. For our Epcot days, I don't see any reason to do FEA, for the following reasons:

1. My boys (ages 7 and 5) have never seen Frozen, so they don't have any attachment to the characters.
2. I went on Maelstrom quite a few times when I was growing up and have great memories of the ride and am still a little (ok, a lot) bitter that it got replaced.
3. I don't remember Maelstrom being a particularly long or thrilling ride at the time, so I don't know if FEA would really be worth doing as a ride, unless you were really into Frozen.
4. My boys do like TT and Mission Space, so there are other uses for our FP+.
5. My wife *hates* the songs from the movie Frozen.

Is there something I'm missing? Is there anything so compelling about the ride that I should ride it regardless?

Given those reasons, I wouldn't ride it. My DS12 can't stand it but, grudgingly, goes on it because he knows I like it. If most of your family won't understand it or hate the songs, there is really no reason to ride it.

If you liked Maelstrom, there’s still Maelstrom bones, just different characters. Frozen is not my favorite movie, however, because I loved Maelstrom, I still make it a point to go on the ride each trip. I say just go on and ‘Let it Go!!!!’

I would skip it. We have seen Frozen and do like the movie but the ride is just ok. I liked it better before they made it Frozen. If it isn't a must do for your kids, I'd skip it unless you happen to walk by and the line is short. I'd use your fastpasses elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter