• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Send email to wdw guest solutions bring back FP for onsite guests

dvc lover 1970

DIS Veteran
With all the discussion about DAS abuse vs. Genie plus, how about writing to disney to bring back FPs for onsite guests. There is zero incentive to stay onsite at this point. The extra magic hours they offer stink. Genie plus is a failure. If enough people write they may take action. Just an idea.

Last edited:
Yup, I agree. I'm one who's dug in my heels-I refuse to pay for Genie plus because I refuse to pay for something that Disney used to give me for free. I may be alone in my thinking, but I've done 3 trips without paying.

I sure missed the complimentary airport luggage transfer last Wednesday when I was lugging my heavy suitcases through the airport and to the resort. Another perk that is gone.

The cutbacks have hit harder this trip and it makes me sad.

And I HATE Genie+ with a passion. Absolutely loathe it. I refuse to buy it the last half of the trip, even if it means not riding rides.

I sure missed the complimentary airport luggage transfer last Wednesday when I was lugging my heavy suitcases through the airport and to the resort. Another perk that is gone.

The cutbacks have hit harder this trip and it makes me sad.

And I HATE Genie+ with a passion. Absolutely loathe it. I refuse to buy it the last half of the trip, even if it means not riding rides.
Luggage transfer was my favorite perk! Trying to get around the airport using a cane or wheelchair is a PIA as DH has to wrangle luggage now. I have shipped the heaviest items to the resort which is a life saver.

Last edited:

This has been us the last couple trips. We have hardly bought anything and a big part of it is that I just don't want to carry it around the park.
Yup we don't buy anything anymore either. We also will not pay for genie plus. I have purchased genie plus a couple times and both times it was not worth it. Universal gets our money now, and we eat off site more.

how about writing to disney to bring back FPs for onsite guests.
The old FassPass system is gone and will not return. Genie+ is just a shell of what Disney was planning due to the Pandemic. There are rumors of improvements to Genie+ (free version) and (paid versions) coming in January 2025 for on-site guests but nothing formally announced at this time.

They had some great plans to utilize some advanced technology and AI to make it a truly Interactive Customer experience but the plan died with the Park closures and the lost revenue.

Dave

The old FassPass system is gone and will not return. Genie+ is just a shell of what Disney was planning due to the Pandemic. There are rumors of improvements to Genie+ (free version) and (paid versions) coming in January 2025 for on-site guests but nothing formally announced at this time.

They had some great plans to utilize some advanced technology and AI to make it a truly Interactive Customer experience but the plan died with the Park closures and the lost revenue.

Dave
Genie plus is an epic failure. There us zero incentive to pay to stay on site. I don't see how the free Genie plus can be attractive - I don't care how much AI or tech they put into it. It stinks.

Just stay off property. Nicer resort options at cheaper prices. Can stay at fantastic resorts like orlando world center marriot, gaylord palms etc. for half the price or less than that of Disney's top resorts like GF and Poly. Besides proximity to MK disney's best and most expensive resorts cannot hold a candle to what off property resorts offer such as more dining options, spas, water parks onsite included with your stay etc.

Genie plus is an epic failure
Based on what?
These comments always make me laugh.

Besides proximity to MK disney's best and most expensive resorts cannot hold a candle to what off property resorts offer such as more dining options, spas, water parks onsite included with your stay etc.
1000% disagree. There are some real garbage can resorts outside Disney with spas and water parks that call themselves luxury that are just not. If you stay at a Disney resort your just about guarenteed a pleasent, clean expierance with decent transporation to the parks. Good luck if you don't have a car at an off site hotel.

For those of use who only get so many vacations per year possibly staying in resort that turns out to be trash will ruin your vacation just isn't worth it. When we used to live in Orlando we would try different resorts because it really didn't matter we could go back anytime. I have yet to have an expirance at a Disney report that ruined my vacation which can not be said staying offsite and thats well worth the money.

Based on what?

These comments always make me laugh.

1000% disagree. There are some real garbage can resorts outside Disney with spas and water parks that call themselves luxury that are just not. If you stay at a Disney resort your just about guarenteed a pleasent, clean expierance with decent transporation to the parks. Good luck if you don't have a car at an off site hotel.

For those of use who only get so many vacations per year possibly staying in resort that turns out to be trash will ruin your vacation just isn't worth it. When we used to live in Orlando we would try different resorts because it really didn't matter we could go back anytime. I have yet to have an expirance at a Disney report that ruined my vacation which can not be said staying offsite and thats well worth the money.
Yeah I could've been more specific but we stay at Gaylord Palms and Orlando World Center Marriot which both have the water parks which our kids love. They'd be bored at a disney resort pool day now compared to these two resorts. There are certainly bad hotels out there but these two I mention are our go to spots. And we do have a car and have AP's so we are fortunate in that respect that a 10 minute drive to the parks with free parking is very convenient.

Yeah I could've been more specific but we stay at Gaylord Palms and Orlando World Center Marriot which both have the water parks which our kids love. They'd be bored at a disney resort pool day now compared to these two resorts. There are certainly bad hotels out there but these two I mention are our go to spots. And we do have a car and have AP's so we are fortunate in that respect that a 10 minute drive to the parks with free parking is very convenient.
We have never stayed off site due to not feeling safe to drive around, but I've seen through friends or trips reports amazing places for 1/2 the price of a disney room.

Back back to genie plus, we haven't used it. Due to health changes with DH, we applied for DAS. But I think it's crazy, pay X amount and maybe get for 2 or 3 rides. For us, we couldn't go on 1/2 the rides. Not rides we just don't care for, but rides the old body just won't bend and fold to get in and out. I wish disney would say any ten rides a day but only one reride per day. So we could do 2 buzz, 2 haunted, 2 small world, ect. Not twice in a row type thing. But like the old FP, you get off and see what is the next ride you can find. What do parents do with a few kids under the "big" ride height? Pay $120 a day for Pooh, PP and small world?

The only offsite hotel I've stayed at was the Four Seasons. Even with their stellar services and amenities, I'd still prefer GF, Poly, or WL over them anytime. I may even consider the Contemporary (my least favorite hotel) over Four Seasons. Proximity is the most important factor for me. There's nothing better than hopping on a boat or monorail after leaving MK at closing time.

Yet most resorts are always almost sold out.

We might feel this way, but the numbers don't agree

Until people stop staying, they won't change.

I have stayed at onsite and off site resorts. Are some off site resorts nicer? Of course. Much nicer. Better service. I know quite a few people who stay off site and rent a car. I don't want to drive during my vacation down there if I don't need to.

But there is nothing like staying at a Disney Resort if you want to be immersed in the bubble for your vacation, which a majority of people do. Immersiveness to me, is the entire point of the vacation at Disney, which is why I just stay at Disney Resorts now.

So even if they never give any perk, the major perk is being on Disney Property. Hoping on that bus, boat or monorail, being surrounded by Disney all over, makes it feel special and not like a normal vacation you can have in any other location.

I want to add that Minnie Vans also go to the Four Seasons. Even with that added convenience, it's still more fun for me to hop on the boat or monorail to MK and Epcot. Disney transportation is an amusement ride itself. 🚝

Having using Genie+ for the very first time at DL this past fall, we liked it. Didn't have to have MBs to use it either. Just scanned in our digital park tickets at LL. Unlike WDW, we had to tap into DL in order to purchase Genie+. Then we were able make our ride selection. If a selected ride was down during our return time, we got a LL within 5 mins for any ride within the park at any time. Basically, an insurance policy baked in.

This being our 2nd visit to WDW ever. We're going with Genie+. Why? Won't be spending all day at the parks. The parks are more of an excursion for us. Staying at the resorts for the scenery, relaxation, & transportation. We're okay if we don't do everything. Heck being honest, there's always a ride or 2 down for refurbishment. Last time we all rode Splash Mountain was 2011 at DL. It was in refurb during our WDW visit in 2017. Same with Matterhorn that went down twice during our last visit to DL this past fall, our first visit since 2011, and we weren't able to ride it. However, we did get 2 LLs within 5 mins for any ride within the park at any time both times it was down.

I compare the Genie+ experience to paying for a streaming platform without commercials. Besides can't really complain about a service that other theme parks have been doing for decades. Genie+ is really a deal compared to other theme parks. With the insurance policy baked in of a ride going down to use a LL for any ride, Genie+ is a win in my book.

I disagree. Some of us appreciate the shorter lanes and the ability to ride Tier A attractions without the pre-arrival planning.
Yea, agree with your disagreement. With the obvious negative of the cost, there are aspects of G+ we prefer over FP+. But that's just us, and we prefer it more now that we've used it a few times. Now that we have it figured out, however, it's probably time for them to change the way it works soon......!

If I were going to email Disney to gripe about something I'd like changed, it wouldn't be this......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter