Send Loads Of Pixiedust Please

Ali and boyz

DIS Veteran
Just booked out first trip home for next July with husband, son and DS, husband and myself and decided to take our parents to treat them. Mum has just taken a stoke :( has anybody been in this position having booked a trip or do you think 11 months will be enough time for her to get a bit better and still go. she will be gutted if she didn't get. It has affected her sight and she is a bit mixted up re things that are happening at the present.

Lots of pixie dust to you.
Hopefully, she will have good recovery. By the time you are going, you should have a good idsea of what her needs are.

Sending :wizard: and :grouphug:

I know everyone bounces back at their own pace, just take it one day at a time. Maybe having your trip to look forward to will help keep her spirits up and motivate her in her recovery! :goodvibes

they are sending her for an angiogram (can't spell hehe) next friday so my mind is now working overtime. travel agent hasn't got back to me as yet re our car hire and they wouldn't let us book at Vero Beach so I am now thinking is this a omen :(

thanks Sue :) I think I might just go and order it just now as it looks like it might give me loads of info re DS (spinal injury)

:sad1: So sorry to hear about your Mum. I hope her recovery is quick, it's very early days yet. I work in the stroke unit at our local hospital so I know that everyone's recovery is different, but any improvement is a positive step. Your trip will be a great incentive to her, so keep her in your plans until nearer the time, a lot can have changed by then.
The angiogram is a fairly common diagnostic test so don't worry about that.
Loadsapixiedust for you all.

Sorry about your mum. Pixie dust to you. Plan the trip. It will help her look forward to something. Order videos and books and brochures and talk about menus and give her choices about plans. My family has always looked forward to DW in times of trouble and it helps. Hope she gets better soon.

loadsapixiedust said:
:sad1: So sorry to hear about your Mum. I hope her recovery is quick, it's very early days yet. I work in the stroke unit at our local hospital so I know that everyone's recovery is different, but any improvement is a positive step. Your trip will be a great incentive to her, so keep her in your plans until nearer the time, a lot can have changed by then.
The angiogram is a fairly common diagnostic test so don't worry about that.
Loadsapixiedust for you all.

thanks loadapixiedust :) I was a really worried about the angiogram on Friday as she couldn't remember why she has to get it (her short term morory has been affected and my Dad didn't like to go in to see the doctor with her !). She has been discharged so deep down I was hoping it was standard proceedure to get the angiogram as I thought if it was really serious they would have done it when she was in the hospital. I also thought angiograms were related to heart attacks and stokes were related to the brain so again this unnerved me a bit.

I had been waiting on the travel agent getting back to me and they hadn't and then I was told at MS that we were too early to book some cash nights so my imagination had run away with me thinking it was a bad omen.
As you work in the stroke unit is it possible do you think for her to get with us next year if she continues to improve. Strokes aren't something I am familiar with. It is her sight that has been affected nothing else apart from the short term memory loss. I was talking about if we get next year (not re her) just in general and she said you mean when :) so she it would be good for her to get to.

Thanks again and hope you and your family are well :)

:grouphug: hugs and pixie dust for you and all your family

Glad to hear your Mum has been discharged, that is a big step forward.

The angiogram as you rightly say is looking at the heart and the blood vessels around it. One type of stroke can be caused by a small blood clot from there travelling to the brain and causing a blockage resulting in a stroke. I am guessing they are looking to see if that was the cause.

Many of the patients I see in the stroke unit go home and make a full recovery, some do not, but everyone is different and a lot of factors affect recovery. The support of a loving family cannot be underestimated, and the incentive of looking forward to a trip to WDW can only be of help too. Positive mental attitude plays a big part.

Wishing you all well. Take care.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter