Sending Disney Merchandise Home

DrKnow77

Mouseketeer
Is there anyway to send Disney merchandise home without taking it on the plane? There are several things that I want to buy at Disney World, but really do not want to take them w/ me on the plane back home.

What options do I have? Will Disney send to my home address? If so, what are the costs associated?

Thanks! :p

Yes, Disney will ship. Simply inform them you want the item(s) shipped at the cash register. The cost will vary by the total sale...don't quote me because I'm not positive, but I think it is like $10 for items up to $100, and $15 if the total is over $100 for UPS ground. Shipped items are not charged sales tax, so it recoups a little towards the shipping costs. We were there Dec 3 to 13, and shipped some items on the 4th. The CM said they may not arrive b4 Christmas, we said that was OK. The packages were home before we were - good thing we had called our neighbor to be on the lookout for the UPS man.

I, too, have shipped purchases home. BE AWARE!!!!!!!!!!! They usually ship via UPS ground. It took over two weeks to get items that I shipped. If you go at a busy time, it may take longer. Disney does not ship your packages out the same day that you request the shipping. They send them to the shipping department who, in turn, packages them and sends them UPS.

If there is something you want immediately, either put it in your luggage or pay for overnight delivery.

We have shipped things home many times, and it is just as easy as Chuck S said. You tell the cashier at any of the shops you make a purchase at, and they will send have it sent. Obviously, the more items you send from one purchase, the better. If you choose to keep everything until you leave, you can take the items to any of the business service offices (at the WDW hotels that have business conference centers), and they will ship, as well.

Also, if you have a car, you can also go to any Mailbox Etc.

I shipped items home that I bought in Epcot actually at England. it was a piece of cake and very easy to do.. they explained how long it would take and handled the whole thing.. I had a slip showing exactly what I had bought and that it was being shipped..When I got home, I had them within a few days..

We too have shipped things many times. Shipping right from the store is the easiest and, yes, they waive the FL tax.
One of my best Disney shopping tips is to ship purchases from the Christmas store; if they arrive broken, Disney will replace them. We've never had a problem except for last year, when we received someone else's very large snow globe and did not receive our package. It was finally sorted out, but it took several phone calls and was quite a hassle. I would definitely ship again, but am glad I kept my itemized receipt.

Thanks all!

So would it be cheaper to have everything sent at once? I guess if this were the case, it would be best to wait till close to the end of the trip and take the merchandise to one of these business service offices and have it all shipped together? Is this correct? Does the Wilderness Lodge have one of these business service offices?

Thanks again!

I ALWAYS ship stuff home. When I went in October, I shipped home over $400 worth of stuff including two toasters from one of the stores in AK for Christmas. It came in multiple packages, but we got everything, and nothing was broken. (I shipped mugs and other breakables.) Also the girl rang up the price, and then when I told her shipping, she took off the tax and added on the shipping charges and it was about $10 less than originally.

At Christmas time, I shipped home lots of things too, because I wanted to bring some things back for my class, and I have 28 kids in it. I was disappointed that they wouldn't ship those 79 cent bags of Mickey pretzels because they put a serious dent in my packing space, but I made up for it by shipping everything else including that white terry bathrobe for my niece. They are really good with shipping, they just won't ship food, even if it is the non-perishable kind.

I have been shipping things for years and have never had a problem, and one of the hidden benefits is that my husband doesn't see me lugging fifty bags back to the room, so he really doesn't know exactly how much I buy. (I'm not suggesting being sneaky, but it works for me and I've been married over 30 years. A lot less aggravation than explaining every single postcard I buy!)

Originally posted by auntsue
They are really good with shipping, they just won't ship food, even if it is the non-perishable kind.

But they will ship certain packaged food items like the jams and jellies from England and the wonderful Maple Syrup from Canada.

And in answer to your question, depending on what you ship, it could be cheaper to ship via mailboxes, etc or a corp shipping office, but it is certainly more convenient to ship items from the store where it is purchased. And I say could, because the ojne time I did ship through mailboxes etc, it was $55 - the Disney fees include the necessary cushion wrap, boxes and whatever, plus if anything is damaged they replace it without any hassle. BTW, I think the dept store in the Japan pavilion does there own shipping services through there own warehouses - so costs will vary. (I bought a clock there, and the receipt was NOT a Disney shipping receipt.)

I have shipped lots of food to my DD at college from WDW. I use the store in MK on Main Street with all the candies and goodies. Takes a long time, but never have had a problem.

With regards to non-perishable foods, we've had them say no sometimes and yes sometimes - it varies with the CM...

The official WDW policy is Not to ship any food itmes,
The reason is this is Fl and we get hot and have lots of bugs.
When a package is shipped(at least from DTD) we bag it and them it gets sent to our central shipping storage by 9pm the guys there sort it and send it tothe hotels shipping storage,or the main shipping wharehouse where it is packed and then sent on to home .
These shipping areas are just large bildings that are kept open and have little or no ac. kind of like big garages.

Most of the shopes in the world showcase are not Disney owned they are operating participants and make there own policies that may be somewhat diferant than WDW 's That is the reason that they can ship food and we cannot.

I have shipped packaged candy, cookies, pretzels and caramel popcorn from WDW. I plan to ship to my college kids again next time I'm there. Hope I won't have a problem.

DrKnow,

You can ship from the Wilderness Lodge - go to the Mercantile for a box and tape and then take the packaged/taped box to Guest Services. You can ship it either UPS or FedEx. We did this last week and it was $15 for a very large and heavy box - this included a $5 "service" charge. We did have packaged food items (pretzels etc.) in the box - no one at the mercantile even looked at what we were putting in the box.

When you buy things over the course of your trip and then send them all back together, you do not get the advantage of paying no tax. If you choose to have the merchant/store ship it at the time of purchase you will not pay tax (if you live outside of FL) but you will pay a separate shipping charge for each store you ship from. Therefore, it may actually cost you more if you ship from lots of places even with the tax break than if you just send one big box from your hotel - it will depend on the weight, size, price, etc. of what you purchase.

We also discovered on our last trip that things sent from the hotel seem to arrive much quicker (within a week) versus those sent from World of Disney at DTD (which took almost 2 full weeks to arrive). I think it is because the box is already packaged and Guest Services just hands it over to UPS the next time they come to the hotel rather than having to ship it off to a "shipping" department etc. like the WOD store does.

We will always ship stuff home from now on - so much easier and it is lots of fun to open the box when it arrives!

Thanks akasleepingbeauty, your answer was very complete. BTW this is a cute pic. Are you in Epcot near the Character Bus?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter