• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sending packages to Disney resort/ Transfering luggage between Disney resorts possible?

atp

Mouseketeer
I'll be staying at Pop Century in September for about a week and I have a couple of questions.

Are we still able to send packages to the hotel a few days in advance so they'll be there when we arrive? I did this in previous years, but last time I was at Disney was in 2013 so I have no idea if anything has changed.

The other questions is, on our last day we will go to Yatch Club to spend one night there. Does Disney offer a service to move my bags? If so, how much does that cost?

Yes, you can send packages to hotel in advance, saves on packing space:). Disney will transfer bags between on site properties, no charge. I believe you will want to go to front desk to arrange transfer, don't call front desk. I would let them know about transfer upon check in, not sure how much notice they need. Have a magical time:flower1:

Reactions: atp
Yes, you can easily ship packages to your resort. I do it every trip. I include my name and reservation number in the Attn: line.

When you change resorts just call bell services using the phone in the room and they'll get your bags for you and take them over to YC for you. No charge but we do tip. It does take a few hours for the bags to arrive so be prepared for that.
We've had differing answers on if we had to be there for the transfer or not.
At AoA they told us we could leave the bags in the room and they would come get them, no problem.
At CR they told us we had to wait for them to come get the bags.
So make sure to give yourself enough time since I'm not sure what official policy is. Luckily Bell Services seem to be quick anytime we've used them.

Reactions: atp

We stayed at ASMo in May and had our bags transferred to AoA. It took nearly 9 hours for that to happen. So take anything you absolutely need with you so you won't be without it in case the transfer takes awhile. Hope you have a great time!

Thank you everyone!

I'm glad to hear they still allow packages to be sent and also transfer the bags. That is great, it will help us a lot.

And thank you for the tips about taking important stuff with us, I had no idea it would take a long time. We will make sure to take a few things with us so we can enjoy the pool at Yatch Club!

I will also make sure to tip everyone involved.

Thank you for pointing out the Shipping FAQ as well, I don't know how I missed that thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter