Sending purchases back to your resort????

Magic4UsZ's

DIS Veteran
Just wondering what are your options for not carrying around your purchases you make while in the parks. Thanks

You can ship stuff home, but that may not be very practical unless you get a lot or big stuff.

We wait until we're leaving the park to buy anything we wouldn't want to carry around the rest of the day. Not a whole lot of other options at the moment. I believe sending back to the resorts or even front of the park are still suspended.

Yes, I specifically asked a cast member at the MK Emporium when we were there in mid September if they would send purchases back to our resort (like they used to), and was told "not yet".

i was looking forward to buying lots of 50th souvenirs on my upcoming trip this fall and having them sent to my room on property. i noticed that this complimentary service is still not available for resort guests. any chance it will resume soon?
and what is the strategy for lugging around a souvenir ? can it be delivered to the front of the park for pickup later in guest services?

Haven't heard anything on when resort package delivery will return - even delivery to the front of the park is not an option right now.
Depending on what you plan on buying, you could ship it home, I know they are still doing that.

You can ship stuff home, but that may not be very practical unless you get a lot or big stuff.

Haven't heard anything on when resort package delivery will return - even delivery to the front of the park is not an option right now.
Depending on what you plan on buying, you could ship it home, I know they are still doing that.
Do you know the cost for shipping things home? We have family going next week and were going to have them pick up a couple things for us, but don't want them to have to deal with packing it and using up space. We'll probably have them ship it regardless, but would like to know a ballpark cost.

Do you know the cost for shipping things home? We have family going next week and were going to have them pick up a couple things for us, but don't want them to have to deal with packing it and using up space. We'll probably have them ship it regardless, but would like to know a ballpark cost.

I think it's based on the value of the items (because they certainly don't weigh them or anything like that). Last year I had one of those big Home pillows shipped and it was around $8 (shipping costs everywhere have gotten more expensive in the last year, so that might be higher now). This week I shipped a bunch of stuff (2 Starbucks tumblers, a Mickey plush, a hoodie, an ear headband, and 2 soap dispensers--over $200 in merch) and it was $18.

The Home pillow was similar to you, I had my cousins ship it home to me. And I think the CM couldn't tell the shipping cost until they put it in the system.

Also, your family can pick up the items at different stores and on different days. Once they've gotten all of your items, they can bring everything with the receipts to a store and they'll ship everything together. This is what I did on my last day!

Depending on the shop, there is a slight possibility they will hold it for you to pick up later in the day. They offered to do that for me at the mask shop in Italy in Sept. Otherwise, we waited until the end of the day to buy things or bought small things and stuck them in the bottom of my grand daughter's stroller. I knew having a baby in the party had to have some perks.

It was still suspended on our last trip. I spent a lot less! It makes it almost too convenient to buy stuff. So in a way I like that they don't have it. I can see them not bringing it back. I'm sure it cuts on their expenses not to offer it.

Probably just a matter of time before they start charging for these services too. $ to send to front of park, and for $$ you can have it sent to your resort.

Oh please don’t give them more ideas!!!
( I’m guessing somewhere in a meeting that’s already been discussed 🙄) to me these little differences is what sets WDW from being just another theme park! I hope they bring back shipping to your resort or to the front of the park back soon!

I think that service will be a long time to come back. At least 2022. Or it will have a fee, which many would pay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter