Senior Discount at Disneyland Hotels - date?

michellekcm

DIS Veteran
Just wondering, does anyone know when the seniors discounts will be released for rooms at the GCH or DLH for August 2013, or if they have been? When I spoke with Disneyland 2 weeks ago they said it hadn't been released yet, but were expecting them to be released soon.

Because I'm calling from Australia I would rather not call multiple times on the off-chance they had been released if anyone knows for sure that they have / have not.

Thanks.

I called to check on my Jan 2013 dates a week ago and they weren't available yet and the CM had no insight as to when or even whether they would be offered.

I'll call back soon and PM you if they have the discount added.

We booked a late January trip at GCH last Friday and were told to call back in "2-3 weeks" so hopefully soon! :hourglass

Hi:wave2:

First post !!!! Also wondering if you have heard anything. I am in Australia too and was also told that the Senior's rates weren't released - although I am looking at September 2013!!

Can anyone please tell me... should I just book the rooms and then check back about the discount closer to the time???

Thanks for sharing my first post!!!

I called today to ask about AP rates and the CM thought they should be out soon. She also said that there would be a 10% AP discount. It was more hear say than anything I think.

Get the senior rate as soon as possible. They only have so many senior rooms available. The longer you wait the bigger the chance you will not get the rate on the rooms for the days you would like. When I made reservations with the senior rate at the PPH hotel I also had the reservationist check out GCH and DLH. Rooms at the GCH were only a bit better then the 10% rate. So either the rooms went fast or they do not discount that hotel like they do the PPH. DLH was less then GCH but still the discount was maybe 15% -- AP rate would be better at those two Hotels. We got the best rate at the PPH our stay was very nice. I would certainly stay there again. Taking the walk to Disneyland that goes thru the GCH cuts off a great amount of time walking to and from the hotel. We also used the Disney resort guests only entrance to DCA. I hope this helps you a bit. I made our reservations 7 months before travel and Like I said GCH and DLH might have already had senior rooms reserved so I would think they probably give out the year rates just after New year. GL with resrvations. :)

Hi:wave2:

First post !!!! Also wondering if you have heard anything. I am in Australia too and was also told that the Senior's rates weren't released - although I am looking at September 2013!!

Can anyone please tell me... should I just book the rooms and then check back about the discount closer to the time???

Thanks for sharing my first post!!!

Get the senior rate as soon as possible. They only have so many senior rooms available. The longer you wait the bigger the chance you will not get the rate on the rooms for the days you would like. When I made reservations with the senior rate at the PPH hotel I also had the reservationist check out GCH and DLH. Rooms at the GCH were only a bit better then the 10% rate. So either the rooms went fast or they do not discount that hotel like they do the PPH. DLH was less then GCH but still the discount was maybe 15% -- AP rate would be better at those two Hotels. We got the best rate at the PPH our stay was very nice. I would certainly stay there again. Taking the walk to Disneyland that goes thru the GCH cuts off a great amount of time walking to and from the hotel. We also used the Disney resort guests only entrance to DCA. I hope this helps you a bit. I made our reservations 7 months before travel and Like I said GCH and DLH might have already had senior rooms reserved so I would think they probably give out the year rates just after New year. GL with resrvations. :)

I don't know when the rates will be out for 2013 but just had to let you know the discount we received with the senior rates at the Disneyland Hotel for our upcoming trip.

Earlier this week I booked a stay at the Disneyland Hotel for this Christmas (Dec 23 - 29) and I was able to secure a senior discounted room at the Disneyland Hotel. It is a standard room (that is fine with us). I had priced the room without the discount and my discounted price works out to be 30% off. Earlier this year when I was booking our October stay (can you say we're addicted to Disneyland - 3 trips this year) the CM told me the senior rate is just as good as the cast member discount so always ask if there are senior rate rooms available.

I was really surprised that there would still be discounted rooms available for Christmas...but I am so glad because the amount we saved, will more than pay for our 5 day park hopper tickets!!!!!

What is the age for their senior rate? I know some hotels do an AARP rate, which is what we qualify for.

What is the age for their senior rate? I know some hotels do an AARP rate, which is what we qualify for.

When I call and asked Disney, their answer was 60 with proof of age. We have a trip that will begin 3 days before my 60th birthday. I had wanted to book at DLH for 6nights. They wouldn't give me the senior discount until my birthday. So it would be 3days no discount and 3 days with discount.

Geemo

Oh wow - the discount seems worthwhile then. We are travelling with our parents - all four of them are over 60.

At the moment I think we might book 3 rooms and our girls will sleep in our room. The other plan is that we book a 2 bedroom suite at DLH. I guess it depends if they will give us a discount on a suite? And I suppose even if the Parents paid for our rooms (if we went with 3 rooms) then our room would still be full price?

Thanks for being so helpful and welcoming for my first few posts - I think I might like it here :cool1:

Oh wow - the discount seems worthwhile then. We are travelling with our parents - all four of them are over 60.

At the moment I think we might book 3 rooms and our girls will sleep in our room. The other plan is that we book a 2 bedroom suite at DLH. I guess it depends if they will give us a discount on a suite? And I suppose even if the Parents paid for our rooms (if we went with 3 rooms) then our room would still be full price?

Thanks for being so helpful and welcoming for my first few posts - I think I might like it here :cool1:

If all three rooms are book with a senior's information, for the senior rate, I don't think it matters who is staying in the rooms.

I believe the key is to have the senior there at check in, to get the senior rate for all three rooms.

Geemo

Called yesterday and no senior discount for 2013 yet.... She implied that they were all eagerly waiting for it.

Called yesterday and no senior discount for 2013 yet.... She implied that they were all eagerly waiting for it.

Thanks for the update. I guess I will try calling them every few days. I'm trying to budget a trip with my mom in 2013 and we have always gotten the 30% senior discount. I hope they keep it at 30% or at least 20%.

We have always gotten 30% discount over at least the last 5 years or so, but they do go fast.

Jack

So how does this work? Is it by chance that you call to make your reservation and they either have the senior rate or not? Do they post this info somewhere?

You have to call and ask for availability for the type of room you want. No discounts on suites and the info is not posted on the Disney site.

Jack

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter