Senior Pictures

cinderella97

DIS Veteran
We will be in Disney in June and my daughter mentioned that she would like her Senior pictures taken while there. Can anyone recommend an inexpensive photographer? Would they be allowed in the park to take pictures? Thank you!

We will be in Disney in June and my daughter mentioned that she would like her Senior pictures taken while there. Can anyone recommend an inexpensive photographer? Would they be allowed in the park to take pictures? Thank you!

Non-Disney photographers are not usually allowed in the parks to take photos unless they have a contract of sorts with Disney, like through the Wedding group.

I've been wondering the same thing for my DD. She's going to be a Senior next yr. also and hates getting her picture taken, but maybe at Disneyland, I can get a couple pics on the photo pass. I don't know, I've never had pics taken? :confused3 So hopefully someone else knows the answer, we'll be in DL next month for spring break! :thumbsup2

I've heard of people having "photo" shoots done. Usually at one or two locations (time allowing). I read a thread where someone is having this done in Epcot. They're usually family pictures but I'm sure you could have some single shots of your daughter. Another possibility is the PhotoPass or Memory Maker during your trip. Perhaps you can get some single shots using the Disney photographers that way? I would contact Disney Photography directly and see what your options are. I got married at WDW and a Disney Photographer is not cheap but then again it will probably be more reasonable than a wedding. Another thing to check out is the Wedding/Honeymoon thread. Maybe post your question there and read the posts, there is a lot of information.

A mini session with Disney photographers is $150. The website is disneyeventphotography.com
I was checking it out last week & was thinking about doing a session for our upcoming trip.

We did the enhanced session at Hollywood Studios (with options at other parks also). It was better than expected. We have DVC so got a discount but I would pay full price. We also got the disc with rights which was extra (but included in the smaller package I believe).

My daughter just had hers taken 2 weeks ago by Disney Event Photography. We don't have them back yet but from the ones they showed us on the camera I think they will be great. We did the $350 session at Hollywood Studios. In the emails setting up the session they asked for information about what she liked so the photographer had some fun ideas. In the hour they made it to 11 different places in the park (and she changed clothes in the middle)

Disney Event Photography is great! I have used them twice, and it will now be a yearly thing replacing the generic school pictures....which are costing close to the the same price for 2-3 kids. I was hoping that my senior would have done his pics at Disney, but I can't get him to do them anywhere, lol. Takes after his mother (me), and hates his pic taken!

What do people do with their kid's Senior Pictures? If you do a session and have a lot of photographs?

DD had a friend take a photo for her Grad Announcement (she designed her own instead of ordering the official ones). That's all we needed. For DS, we used his school photo (in tux) to add to his Grad Announcement envelopes.

What do people do with their kid's Senior Pictures? If you do a session and have a lot of photographs?

DD had a friend take a photo for her Grad Announcement (she designed her own instead of ordering the official ones). That's all we needed. For DS, we used his school photo (in tux) to add to his Grad Announcement envelopes.

Store them in a box with all the other school photos!:rotfl2:
We don't need a lot but by the time you get 3 poses and the smallest package available you've got hundreds. We plan on putting them in the Grad announcements and giving to relatives. When I was a Sr we passed them out to friends and collected everyone in our class. Close friends or not. Of course my school was small (70 grads) so we knew everyone. DD is in a class of 400 and she has only gotten a few wallet sized photos from friends. A lot of kids didn't even do a session, just a composite for the yearbook.

We did the enhanced session at Hollywood Studios (with options at other parks also). It was better than expected. We have DVC so got a discount but I would pay full price. We also got the disc with rights which was extra (but included in the smaller package I believe).

May I ask what it cost to do the senior pictures? How much time did you get?

THanks,

my daughter had her senior photos taken at animal kingdom lodge this summer, we had the enhanced photo session which was an hour long and the cost was $450 including the photo book and CD. They turned out great. We had a photographer and someone who did all the lighting so two people and they let her do an outfit change three times. I'll try to post a couple of photos later.

You can definitely have Disney do it for you. I did have a friend of mine take photos of my daughter for her Sr Portraits while at WDW. We did Epcot and a few resorts. They came out better than the professional photographer that did photos for year book. You can take you own if you have an eye for photography.

my daughter had her senior photos taken at animal kingdom lodge this summer, we had the enhanced photo session which was an hour long and the cost was $450 including the photo book and CD. They turned out great. We had a photographer and someone who did all the lighting so two people and they let her do an outfit change three times. I'll try to post a couple of photos later.

You got an album and digital pictures? How many pictures did you get? Sorry, don't mean to be so nosey. Just wondering how much it costs and what you get. :D Thanks!

$450 is quite reasonable! I know that the people around here are paying that much or more for Senior photos. OP, thanks for the thread!

Ok I just counted the photos in the album, 70 including the one on the front cover. The photo album photos have been retouched also. The CD has every picture taken with only the best(they decide) 50 retouched.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter