Seniors at Disney

OverplanninJess

Life's just so much fun when there's a Disney vaca
My DBF and I are thinking about returning to the world in Aug.-last night I suggested that it would be fun to invite my mom, dad, brother, and 2 grandmothers to come with us since it has been awhile since I have been there with my immediate family. He gets along wonderfully w/my grandmothers (in fact I think the one likes him more than me!:rotfl2: ) but was worried that they would get worn out:scared: ...so my question is-anyone taken a family trip w/grandparents, older parents, etc. that had problems getting around? I would classify both of my grandma's as "feisty"...neither are overweight and both are active w/clubs and societies they are in. If necessary we could even borrow my grandfathers electric wheelchair (which he uses when he goes to auctions all day) and they could switch off using it. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

I think it would be a great idea to take grandmothers. They would probably really like MGM with all the shows. Plenty of places to sit down and be entertained between the walking. They'd probably enjoy the Great Movie Ride and Beauty and the Beast, as well as eating at PrimeTime Cafe. I haven't taken anyone older. I'll be the old lady of our bunch (50)! I just wanted to tell you how sweet it is for you to think of this, and I just know you would all have a great time! You would be making wonderful memories. I really hope this happens for all of you.

I have traveled with my MIL and Mother. My mother is a few years younger and definately more mobile. She is 65 and did great. Rode many rides- even BTMR and Primevil Whirl. She didnt have a problem with the walking either. Traveling with MIL on the other hand was a different experience. She is 72 and has a bad hip and Macular degeneration (cant see well). This played a big role in her not getting to do much. She REFUSED a wheel chair and it was very hard on her. Im not sure why she got so mad when we suggested one, but she never got one. She only rode one ride the whole week. The safari ride at AK. She said that she had a great time, but it was very hard on her. It would have been much easier if she would have let us push her, but she is SOOOOO stubborn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter