Sense of Africa vs Wild Africa Trek

ddpatrick13

Earning My Ears
My family (myself, DH, DD-10) will be at DISNEY in JULY. We have been multiple times and try to do something different each time. My DD loves animals, so we would like to do an experience involving animals. The 2 that seems to interest her most are the SENSE of Africa tour or Wild Africa TREK. Would love some advice on which people think would be the best. Thanks

Im glad to see you posted this question! the hubby and I are visiting, and wondering the same question, I cant decide which to book, the Wild Africa Trek, of Sense of Africa. Can you tell me if you did either, and what you thoughts are? we are actually staying at AKL, so wondering if that would be more handy to do the Sense of Africa? but just cant find a lot of reviews...... I would love some advice. I would really like any feed back from anyone that has done both and can tell me which may be better? I do not so much care about the food... I am interested in having someone taking the good pics for us during the excursion.....and the total experience with the animals

Ive done both, and both are good, but the Sense of Africa tour is special. The tour cost more, but I think it is well worth the money and you get up close and personal with some of the animals, including an Okapi. The Wild Africa Trek, you do not really interact with the animals.

Here is a link to a good review that I have posted in previously. https://www.disboards.com/threads/sense-of-africa-reviews.3504528/

I've only done the Wild Africa Trek, but I found it fantastic. You get tethered to a rope (wire) and get to lean right over the hippos while their handler talks to you and answers questions. There are multiple stops like this. And then about midway through, you stop at that hut you've seen in the middle of the savannah for an authentic African snack and some amazing picture taking.

The cast member guides also take photos all the way through and give you a link to download them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter