Senses Spa vs. other cruise lines

I enjoy getting a massage while on board. I've never felt like there was a hard-sell. They will try to sell you the products, but in my experience a simple "no thanks" is enough to end the situation.

I also enjoy getting a shave pre Palo. I'm not generally shaving while on board, and I like to be presentable at Palo. :)

I really like the spa. I only get massages, usually Swedish, and use the Rainforest Room. It's not as luxurious as some spas on land, but the floating through life feeling as you saunter back to your cabin is awesome. Bring something to put your glasses in, if you wear any, when doing the showers in the Rainforest Room. I had to set mine on a table and hope no one knocked them off. I now have a plastic bag with a loop that I can use.

On my last cruise, I actually got a pedicure at the spa during the Sail-a-Wave party on the Magic. It was amazing to watch the land go by and the place was pretty empty. Unlike Royal Caribbean, there was no hard sell (just a "no thanks" needed) and I felt really pampered without it feeling like too much. Also, while they took me on time for my appointment, I never felt rushed either. I plan to try something new at the spa on my next trip.

The spa workers are employed by steiner not Disney (which is why they don't have DCL name tags). Both Disney are Royal use steiner, so the hard sell, and 'talks' from those who work there are likely to be similar as that what boosts their pay.

The spa workers are employed by steiner not Disney (which is why they don't have DCL name tags). Both Disney are Royal use steiner, so the hard sell, and 'talks' from those who work there are likely to be similar as that what boosts their pay.
I suspect that each cruise line has it's own set of rules and guidelines for the Spa employees. I wouldn't assume that the RCCL and DCL "hard-sell" experience would be the same. Just my opinion. Yes, they are going to try to up-sell you, as that is what makes them money, as you point out. But DCL may have more restrictions on the staff that results in a different experience. Disney strongly protects their reputation. I haven't sailed RCCL in about 30 years, so I can't comment on their current sales practices

I get a massage on every cruise and I've never felt like I've gotten a hard sell. Sure, there is a product here or there that they suggest, but declining politely was all it took.

We really like the Rainforest Room passes for length of cruise. I'm 6'1", so I just liked the real shower (the other stuff was nice, too).

My Husband is 6'7 and I am 6'3 so we normally get the rainforest room pass. Even on the cruises we haven't had it though, we usually go up to use the showers in the spa since they are full sized. I can't stand up straight in the tiny tub.

We usually sail on the Guarantee Rates or whatever they call it so we don't get to pick our room. On the 3 night Dream sailing we did, we got one of the family verandah's with that nice Circular shower. That was the first time I was actually able to take a comfortable shower in our room Ha ha.

There seems to be some inconsistencies with the different spas. Each of the 3 times we've been on the Dream, they wont sell day passes. The Fantasy would sell them if you strong armed them into it by talking to a manager. Both times on the Magic they advertised them at the front desk. It seems to be a "dealer's choice" situation. Personally I have gotten a few day passes in advance but they have lost a lot of benefit with the dramatic increase in price and the reduced offerings in the Rainforest Room. We most likely will just stick with a single Day pass bought in advance instead of doing the full length of cruise pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter