• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sep. 7, 2015 on the Dream

I barely got Jake and I's costumes into one garment bag! lol. Luckily, there was enough room in the girls' suitcases that I put their costumes and princess dresses in with their day to day stuff. I didn't want to put those princess dresses in the same bag as Jake's suit and my dress. We would end up glittery! pixiedust:

I haven't let my kids see it in the theater so we could see on on board. So glad they are showing it! I was going to be in big trouble otherwise :-)

We waited too. I though we might as well save the money. Caleb saw Antman, but the rest of us haven't. I also want to see Nemo. Never saw it on the big screen.

I haven't let my kids see it in the theater so we could see on on board. So glad they are showing it! I was going to be in big trouble otherwise :-)
Make sure you make it in time to watch the short before the movie. Me and My wife loved it! My daughter didn't care for it because she kept saying, "This isn't inside out!":D

I think it's a really cute idea. I would think about having 2 bags maybe. 1 to give and 1 to receive. Kids especially might be confused and take what had been pixie dusted to you.

I LOVE the Voldemort thing lol!!! I have read that series about 5 times. That is hilarious!!! I thought about adding another bag too! Great idea! I just didn't want to appear greedy or anything. I bought some cute stuff to give out so have your little ones stop by 10588!!

So do you guys dress up for dinner? Like formals or Sunday best? I am trying to keep packing as light as possible but don't want to look out of place at dinner. Would a summer dress or white jeans and dressy top be ok? Husband wear khakis and nice shirt?

Also I just found out two days ago that I shuld check in online to get an arrival time so all the early times where gone . Will they let us on early if we show up a little early?

What do you guys do when you first get on the boat?

Again sorry for so many questions!there's just so much helpful knowledge here!

So do you guys dress up for dinner? Like formals or Sunday best? I am trying to keep packing as light as possible but don't want to look out of place at dinner. Would a summer dress or white jeans and dressy top be ok? Husband wear khakis and nice shirt?
Those choices should be fine. From what I hear, you will have a wide range of attire from people wearing the bare minimum of what the dress code allows to much nicer clothes. For us we will wear Pirate costumes on pirate night, Nice dresses for girls and suits for guys on optional formal night, and Summer dress for girls and khaki shorts and dress shirt for guys on the remaining two nights. The optional formal is just that, optional, so there will be those dressed up and those not. We are big picture takers so every night we will match because if my wife doesn't do anything else on a cruise, she WILL be taking a family picture!:D
Also I just found out two days ago that I shuld check in online to get an arrival time so all the early times where gone . Will they let us on early if we show up a little early?
Try to pick a time that you plan on arriving, but if you are early, unless the terminal is full, they should let you get checked in, your boarding number may just be a little higher.

Be careful.....Lindenlady was given points or demerits, or whatever they call it for just rhyming with the site. That is why she jumped off for so long...:tiptoe:

That happened to me as well and that's why I am not on here as much either... :( Was taught that lesson in the early part of the year :(

I LOVE the Voldemort thing lol!!! I have read that series about 5 times. That is hilarious!!! I thought about adding another bag too! Great idea! I just didn't want to appear greedy or anything. I bought some cute stuff to give out so have your little ones stop by 10588!!

What do you guys do when you first get on the boat?

Again sorry for so many questions!there's just so much helpful knowledge here!

We will be ones that are not dressed up for dinner. I have capris, denim skirts, knit skirt, disney shirts. I don't do dressy, period. I live in scrubs for work, and don't have dressy clothes. Things are expensive enough without buying a whole new wardrobe. My son wears nothing but black Nike shorts. He has a pair for every day of the week, lol! Carly will wear a sun dress a couple days, but she likes that kind of thing. My husband has a T shirt with some cargo shorts.

I've read places that arriving a little later can be less stressful and much smoother. Plus you don't have to walk around with your carry one. What time did you get? We plan to eat lunch, get princess meet tickets, Anna and Elsa tickets, at 1 do the ship tour, 2 DVC meet, 3 ice cream social, etc. I am hoping that we have time to head to the room between the tour and the DVC meet.

We will be ones that are not dressed up for dinner. I have capris, denim skirts, knit skirt, disney shirts. I don't do dressy, period. I live in scrubs for work, and don't have dressy clothes. Things are expensive enough without buying a whole new wardrobe. My son wears nothing but black Nike shorts. He has a pair for every day of the week, lol! Carly will wear a sun dress a couple days, but she likes that kind of thing. My husband has a T shirt with some cargo shorts.

I've read places that arriving a little later can be less stressful and much smoother. Plus you don't have to walk around with your carry one. What time did you get? We plan to eat lunch, get princess meet tickets, Anna and Elsa tickets, at 1 do the ship tour, 2 DVC meet, 3 ice cream social, etc. I am hoping that we have time to head to the room between the tour and the DVC meet.
Oh good! I won't worry aout formal wear then. We got 1:30 check in time but it looked like you could get as early as 10:30! Where do you get princess tickets guest services? Will they let us know when we can bet in our cabin?

Those choices should be fine. From what I hear, you will have a wide range of attire from people wearing the bare minimum of what the dress code allows to much nicer clothes. For us we will wear Pirate costumes on pirate night, Nice dresses for girls and suits for guys on optional formal night, and Summer dress for girls and khaki shorts and dress shirt for guys on the remaining two nights. The optional formal is just that, optional, so there will be those dressed up and those not. We are big picture takers so every night we will match because if my wife doesn't do anything else on a cruise, she WILL be taking a family picture!:D
Try to pick a time that you plan on arriving, but if you are early, unless the terminal is full, they should let you get checked in, your boarding number may just be a little higher.
Haha! Love it! I'm a big picture taker too! Thanks for the info!

Oh good! I won't worry aout formal wear then. We got 1:30 check in time but it looked like you could get as early as 10:30! Where do you get princess tickets guest services? Will they let us know when we can bet in our cabin?
The terminal is open at 10:30 to check in, but they don't start boarding till 11-11:15 ish? And at that time it will only be concierge and high level Castaway members (I believe). After a bit, they will announce group 1 to board which will be those with an earlier PAT. So getting there really early won't do you much good since your boarding # will be directly linked to your PAT. However, people have said that the all aboard call is often around 12:30? So I would shoot for that time if I were you. :)

I need to get my final things for the trip this weekend. I have been keeping a list of all the things I need. Sunscreen, clothes pins, etc. Unfortunately, now those are the only two things I remember, and I can't find my list :sad::sad::sad: I hope it's in my pile of junk paper and bills that I need to go through :(

I have to cancel a dinner reservation at Ohana's for Saturday 9/5 at 5:15pm for 6 people if anyone is interested PM me.

I also have a dinner reservation at Raglan Road for Sunday 9/6 at 6:30pm for 6 people.

Just called to get the movies showing in the Buena Vista Theater on our cruise.
Here is the list: Finding Nemo 3D, Big Hero 6, Cinderella, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Tomorrowland, Inside Out, and Ant Man.
Just called to get the movies showing in the Buena Vista Theater on our cruise.
Here is the list: Finding Nemo 3D, Big Hero 6, Cinderella, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Tomorrowland, Inside Out, and Ant Man.
I called Monday to find out the list of movies but did not get a chance to post them. Thanks!!!

Those thathave done this cruise before can you give me an idea of how crowded all the events get? This cruise has 4,000 people right? How will everyone be able to fit in one place during pirate night,etc and still be able to enjoy it? I get a little clostrophobic when I'm surrounded by alot of people so just trying to prepare myself for the crowds:scared::sail:

Any of you over achievers already have maps of the boat? Did you just print out copies of the ship and highlight the rooms?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter