Separate checks

Poohbear5

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of going with another family. They have 6 kids, we are a party of two adults. Is it okay to ask for a separte check for just the two of us? Was not sure if this would be awkward?

We are thinking of going with another family. They have 6 kids, we are a party of two adults. Is it okay to ask for a separte check for just the two of us? Was not sure if this would be awkward?

Separate checks are very common; you should have no issue asking for them. However, be aware that dining with 6 or more people, there will be an automatic 18% gratuity added to the bill, even if you separate it.

We just got back last Sunday and want with a group that was six people and we were just two. We had no problem getting separate checks at every meal. We did mention pretty early to our server that we wanted separate checks, so I don't know if that helped or not.

I think most places it is not a problem to separate checks (in fact, I can't think of anywhere where it is a problem). I would mention it prior to ordering so that it is easier for the waiter/waitress to keep them separate as you are ordering, rather than going back and trying to separate after the fact. The only time I know of where you can not separate checks is if you are using the Tables in Wonderland for a discount for everyone in the party, but it doesn't sound like that applies in your situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter