Sephora and Ulta Fans...have you Tried Blue Mercury?

Bella the Ball 360

Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.<br><font
I love Sephora but I must say that their points program is kind of a bust. Ulta is okay but I think of it as the step child of Sephora mainly because the staff (at least where I live) is so unprofessional and I have never seen a make job on any of them that I would like to emulate. Recently I tried Blue Mercury. Honestly they have free shipping, GREAT samples and good deals on bonus buy and item get another free. Recently I got some Lune+Aster eye lash conditioner...18.00 vegan, cruelty free, made in USA. My bonus? I got an eye liner quad of the same brand worth 48.00 FREE! For bonuses I got Tan Towels, and my free samples Kiehls (in a small reusable pouch) Moroccan Oil Body oil two use vial, and one other sample(cannot remember) all of which were MUCH more substantial than the stuff Sephora offers. It was free shipping 10% off for new customer AND 10% back from Ebates!! I only spent less than 18.00. They do not have the huge choice of brands that Sephora has but they have mostly high end like Tom Ford and Nars. Just thought I would share...it is kind of a good find if you are a make up junkie.

There is no Ulta near me but I used to love Sephora a lot even though I never got into the point system. Scampering off to google Blue Mercury...

I think I'm going to like this site.
I know me too and they do not make you give up your first born for a small useless sample either. I only went there b/c they had 10% off on Ebates but I am glad I did. Another one that is pretty good too is Skin Store they usually have a good % off on Ebates too. I was so used to just going to Sephora and waiting for their periodic % off which also depended on how much you spend in a year VIB, VIB Rouge . The prices with the combination of the site's discount and the Ebates discount come to less than Sephora which is especially good on high ticket items, well I guess all items on Sephora are high ticket. Keep your eyes open I am betting that there will be a big discount on Ebates for one of these sites.

Anyone remember the old MAKE UP CLIQUE thread? We discussed all things make up. Yes I know there are other make up forums but I was too lazy to find them since I was always on the Dis and it was a lot easier to check just one thread:magnify:

What? Not more makeup......:car:

I feel like that site is hard to navigate... Or am I just an idiot?

Have don’t answer that.

Update: Just tried again. Apparently yesterday the pages just weren’t loading or something. I got it now.

Last edited:
Haven’t gone to Ulta in years. Agree that Sephora’s samples and Rewards programs are lame, but they have a good variety of product. I also order from Nordstroms and am lucky to have an Estée Lauder factory near me that has warehouse sales once or twice a year, with some great non-Estee/Clinique products included. I end up ordering from individual brands sometimes- ex. Bumble and Bumble, Josie Maran - for the best selection.

I’ll give this site a view.

I like Ulta's variety, prices and rewards. They aren't very helpful though so I will go to Sephora if I need to be colormatched or need a recommendation. I have received gift cards to Blue Mercury and they aren't very nice in there. They make me feel like I'm inferior to them because I'm not wearing expensive clothes. Both of the Blue Mercury's by me are in a fancy outdoor shopping center (about 20 minutes away). I'll have to look into getting stuff on line next time I receive a gift card with the deals you mentioned.

I like Ulta's variety, prices and rewards. They aren't very helpful though so I will go to Sephora if I need to be colormatched or need a recommendation. I have received gift cards to Blue Mercury and they aren't very nice in there. They make me feel like I'm inferior to them because I'm not wearing expensive clothes. Both of the Blue Mercury's by me are in a fancy outdoor shopping center (about 20 minutes away). I'll have to look into getting stuff on line next time I receive a gift card with the deals you mentioned.

I am just ordering on line and as to them making you feel inferior, keep in mind YOU are the customer and they are working for YOU. It ticks me off when sales people act that way because they are working in job at the mall (not that there is anything wrong with that did it myself for years) so how are they any better than you? I am reminded of the scene in Pretty Woman when snooty sales people would not wait on her and then she goes back in different clothes and tells how they made a "big mistake". No one should judge a book by its cover!

I looked around on their site and their brands seem a little limited. I was trying really hard to find something I wanted because I'm a sucker for deluxe samples!!!

We have a BlueMercury in a few locations where I live as well as they have a store within the Macy's makeup area.

I feel like that site is hard to navigate... Or am I just an idiot?

Have don’t answer that.

Update: Just tried again. Apparently yesterday the pages just weren’t loading or something. I got it now.

It's not working today. I can't get off the first page. :badpc:

I looked around on their site and their brands seem a little limited. I was trying really hard to find something I wanted because I'm a sucker for deluxe samples!!!

I also Googled Blue Mercury + Lancome, hoping to bypass the first page and just be taken to the page I want as I know what I want to get. That brand doesn't even come up for them.

It's not working today. I can't get off the first page. :badpc:

I also Googled Blue Mercury + Lancome, hoping to bypass the first page and just be taken to the page I want as I know what I want to get. That brand doesn't even come up for them.
Okay so it wasn’t just me. :rotfl:

I know they are limited but they have mostly upscale brands and I too am a sucker for deluxe samples. LOL

Lancome is an upscale brand. :confused3 The foundation I want is $50. :headache: It's just not quite the color I want. So I keep hesitating. It makes me look a bit ghostly. I have to dust on a transparent powder with a bit of color to slightly darken it. But, I LOVE how touch resistant it is. It really lasts all day. My usual MAC foundation comes off right away. :(

Lancome is an upscale brand. :confused3 The foundation I want is $50. :headache: It's just not quite the color I want. So I keep hesitating. It makes me look a bit ghostly. I have to dust on a transparent powder with a bit of color to slightly darken it. But, I LOVE how touch resistant it is. It really lasts all day. My usual MAC foundation comes off right away. :(
have u been to the outlet? I wish I could remember the name but they sell Lancome, It, Polo all the brands owned by Lancome or Cosmair it would most likely be there for a discount. I think it is called the cosmetics comany store and is in most outlet malls that are owned by Simon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter