Sept. 14, 7 Day Roll Call

ruvidu

SC Traveler --- I have spent most of my life fishi
It is only 5 months from tomorrow but who's counting? We Are?
Past postings for this date have shown only a couple of responses so let's try again.
Looking forward to meeting all who are going.

Russ and Vivian

Hi, My fiancee and I will be on that cruise. It will be our honeymoon and our first cruise! We are really exited about it.
-Stephanie:cool:

You will love the Magic and it should be a fantastic honeymoon. My son and his wife did the 4 day Land and 3 day cruise package on the Wonder for their honeymoon.
It looks like we will not have a big crowd. Maybe we will meet.
Have you made excursion plans yet?

We have looked at excursions and gotten some ideas. I don't want to spend too much on them, so except for Cozumel, I think we will try to do our own thing. In Key West, I figure it would be fine to go out on our own. I want to go to Hell, when we go to Grand Caymen, and perhaps spend some time on seven mile beach. In Cozumel, we are thinking about the horseback riding excursion. I am waiting to see what others do on the western itinerary and what advice they may have. What excursions are you doing?
-Stephanie:)

We plan on doing Key West on our own. I do want to be at Mallory Sq. at sunset. I want to have my picture made at the Southern Post point in the US. Just relax and walk is our plan.
In Cozumel we don't know. A day at a beach sounds good.
In Grand Cayman we want to do the Stingray City snorkle trip.
At Castaway Cay I want my hammock on the beach with a can of Red Stripe.
Did you decide on first or second seating? We have sat with honeymooners before. They seem to like to sit young newly weds with us on these trips. It is always a pleasure.
We are on deck 6 with veranda, how about you?

If we keep posting this post may stay on the front page long enough for someone else to see it.

I'm on the 7 day Sept 14th cruise too!!!! I will be cruising with my DH, my twin 3yr old DS and my inlaws!! This will be our 2nd Disney cruise. Last April we did the 7 day Eastern caribbean on the Magic. I can't wait to get on the ship!

Renee
:D

That makes 3 families. Maybe we will all get upgraded.

We have requested second seating. We will be on deck 2 in a category 10, about midship. We have looked at a lot of pictures of the ship that others have posted, I can't wait to explore it!
-Stephanie

Stephanie,
You will fall in love with the Magic as soon you step on board and they call your name. Smile because they will be making your picture. Look up and to the left and you should see Mickey and Minnie dressed in their nautical outfits waving at you.
You won't be able to take it all in at once so don't try. We usually head straight to our room and drop our bags and then head to Topsiders for lunch. They tell you they won't be ready but they have been every We like to get an outside table near the rail so we can see everything going on. You can see the shuttle assembly building at Kennedy Space Center from there. It is a view. Giant steamed shrimp and cold Mango soup just for starters.
You will probably have the Luminaires, Antimators Palate, Parrot Cay dinner rotation. As a party of two that is what we have had every cruise so far. We love Luminaires and could eat there every night.
I am sure Renee will back me up on this. Renee, what's your favorite resturant on board? We sat with a couple from Boston on last years trip. They have since moved to New Hampshire.
If you two would like to exchange e-mail addresses let us know and we can do it. Any questions or anything to help let us know.
Russ and Viv

Hi,

We are going on the Sept. 14 Western!!! We are a family of 4, 2 teenagers and also my brothers family of 5 are going. We can hardly wait.:bounce:

Ruvidu,
Thanks for all the kind words. We really look forward to the cruise and get excited when hearing details. I have been reading forums on this board since last (2001) January. I have learned so much about wdw and dcl. I love logging on and reading the posts.

-Stephanie:)

Tell us about you. Where are you coming from? Is this your first Magical cruise? Any excursion plans? Early or late seating?

Ruvidu,

This will be our very first cruise!! My brother talked me into it. I get motion sickness so thought I would NEVER do a cruise. My brother is from WI and we are from Seattle, WA. We all signed up for the early seating. Haven't decied on any excursions yet. Trying to keep expenses down so might only go for something in Cozumel. Want to see ruins. We will just do stuff on our own.

Between our two familes will have children aged: 17, 15, 14,13,12 and us adults are all in our 40's. Kids are all girls except the 15 yr old. Poor guy!!

Have learned so much from this board!!:bounce: :jester: :Pinkbounc

The Magic is incredible!!! We loved Animator's Palate (the boys liked all the color and music!) and Parrot's Cay. Since the boys were not yet two the last time we went to Topsiders Buffet for dinner a few times. That was much easier than getting the whole clan all dressed up especially on the formal nights. The food was great of course!
I love walking around the ship and hearing the piped in Disney music and the ship's horn is great! My husband is nowhere near the Disney freak that I am but he loved the cruise and was especially excited about the ESPN club!
This cruise our sons will be old enough to go into the Oceaneer's Club. We are looking forward to being able to do some snorkeling and sightseeing while they play in the club.
We haven't decided which excursions we will do yet, but we are thinking of planning some on our own to save money.
The only part of hate about going on a Disney cruise is getting off the boat when the 7 days are up!! We are going to spend 4 days in WDW this time when we finish the cruise because I want to see the 100 years celebration. I can't wait!

Renee

Just to let you know that some of your colonial cousins from across the pond also look on the Dusney cruise Threads.
Myself and my wife are due on the 14 Sept cruise to celebrate our silver wedding. We have been to WDW several times before but this is the first cruise. Still as long as Mickey is there that will do for me.

Hello Paulc,
Yes, we may be cousins. My family, originally Pettypools, came from Pool, England.
You are now the winner of the prize for traveling the futherest distance to sail with us. I think the UK is further than Seattle from Port Canaveral.
Congrats on your upcoming 25th anniversary. If you let the wait staff know it is your anniversary they will all gather around and sing "Happy Anniversary" to you and bring you cake. I hope we are there to join in on the chorus.
I hope we get to meet some time on board. My e-mail is published here. If we can be of help in any way please let us know.
Renee, we did Wilderness Lodge the first week of Dec. We were there for Walt's birthday. We love DW and plan on going back in Dec. of 2003.
I agree with you so much on hating to leave the ship. Every time we have done so we look back as we leave wondering how long it will be until we get back.
Our plans for this trip are to drive down on Thursday, stay in Orlando, eat at Downtown Disney, go to Sea World on Friday and then go to our hotel at Cocoa Beach for Friday night. We had enough points with Hilton and Holiday Inn that we are staying those two nights for free.
Russ and Viv

HI! My husband and I are taking the Sept. 14 cruise too! I was so excited about it that my Brother-in-Law and Sister-In-Law decided to book also. WE CAN'T WAIT!! This will be our first honeymoon after 17 years of marriage.

Does anyone know if snorkeling is within walking distance of the ship in Cozumel and Grand Caymens? We would like to snorkel longer than the Excursions offer.

Dave and Christy:Pinkbounc :jester:

I have not seen a thing about that subject posted. I will do some searching and see what I can find.
Glad you are finally getting that honeymoon after all these years. Don't forget to tell the head waiter so they will sing to you.
Is this the first cruise for you?
Russ and Viv

Thanks Ruvidu!! That looks like a great site for info. My DH and I wanted to do some snorkeling without having to pay Disney excursion prices! Thanks for the info - this will help save more money for drinks and shopping on the ship!

Renee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter