Sept 2019 VS May 2020

dizgirl5518

Earning My Ears
Hey guys,

I have a trip booked for the first week of Sept 2019. Yes, we arrive a few days after Galaxy's Edge opens. I keep going back and forth between keeping the trip or moving it to May 2020 to go for my son's 2nd birthday. He would be barely 16 months during the Sept trip. We do not want to see Galaxy's Edge. What would you do?

I will be there September 5-14 and will go back, hopefully, in September 2020.
I am sure others with more expertise will be able to help you but I honestly don't think there
will be a noticeable difference in the crowds from week after Labor Day vs. May but that's just me.

My guess is that if you spend time in other parks besides HS, they should be pretty low by comparison. HS will be insane, of course.

If you don't care about the Star Wars stuff, then I guess just go whenever you think works best for you. There will be crowds and there will still be quite a few new things going on regardless of when you go, so there won't necessarily be a slow or down time anytime soon.

If you’re not interested in visiting it, don’t worry about. Go whichever dates make more sense for you

It would depend on how long you were going for and what you wanted to do.

But offhand, I would say May, because your son would be older. Also - Mickey and Minnie may be open then, which you could ride, and may also spread out the crowds.

There’s so little to do without height restrictions at DHS, I’d probably avoid that park in September and not worry about it. (Although Galaxy’s edge will be reservations only at that time). I’m not sure waiting until May gets you enough height to even go on Alien Spinners.

Hey guys,

I have a trip booked for the first week of Sept 2019. Yes, we arrive a few days after Galaxy's Edge opens. I keep going back and forth between keeping the trip or moving it to May 2020 to go for my son's 2nd birthday. He would be barely 16 months during the Sept trip. We do not want to see Galaxy's Edge. What would you do?

We went in January when our little boy was 16 months and are going again in Sept when he’ll have just turned 2. I’m worried about the SWGE impact as well, but we chose to keep our Sept trip because we have free dining and it’s something we’ve always wanted to try. Fingers crossed the crowds won’t be horrible!

If you’re apprehensive about your little one’s Sept age, I started a thread all about taking this age group if you want to check it out!
https://www.disboards.com/threads/talk-to-me-about-taking-a-“toddler”.3726196/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter