Sept 22, 2013. A Pirate's Life on the Dream.

We don't get the Magic Bands in the mail, if I read the FAQ right. The don't send out of United States. So I suppose they will be waiting for us at Port Orleans Riverside when we check inn.

And we got our documents for the cruise on friday (they came direct from DCL and not from my TA) and the documents for WDW arrived saterday. (but we booked on the UK site).

So now we get ready.

Only to finish my FE gifts, get our ESTA updated, buy tickets for Universal and Seaworld online and pack the suitcases.
And hope to get a Be Our Guest fastpass+ lunch (still nothing available from sept 27) and a dinerreservation for California Grill on our last day.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Cool! We are from the UK too :-) we got seaworld tickets online. Got an extra day for only another $10 so we are going to go twice why not! I did see though they were doing some weekdays for only $50 dollars! Not sure what dates but might be worth checking :-)

We don't get the Magic Bands in the mail, if I read the FAQ right. The don't send out of United States. So I suppose they will be waiting for us at Port Orleans Riverside when we check inn.

Correct, they are not shipping to international so you pick up at check in. I was disappointed because I thought our names would be on the bad but they aren't so other than having them - not missing much.
And we got our documents for the cruise on friday (they came direct from DCL and not from my TA) and the documents for WDW arrived saterday. (but we booked on the UK site).

I was hoping to get our docs this weekend but am going to be patient and wait for September 1 before I start hounding my TA

So now we get ready.

Only to finish my FE gifts, get our ESTA updated, buy tickets for Universal and Seaworld online and pack the suitcases.
And hope to get a Be Our Guest fastpass+ lunch (still nothing available from sept 27) and a dinerreservation for California Grill on our last day.

Yup - gotta finish those FE, get them boxed and ready to ship!

I havent tried yet with our other numbers to see if I can get a FP+ lunch yet - but I don't think we are gonna sweat it too much...have been hearing mixed reviews about the food.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

we are on the 25 day count today:cheer2:

For those of you who got your docs

- did it tell you your dinner rotation?
- was it personalized?

I am anxiously waiting for mine!!!

- was it personalized?

Ours was personalised it told us our Palo brunch reservation, our reservation number that we had on board credit. They don't tell you dining rotation but they do tell you if you are main or late seating. they tell you the dining rotation once on board it's on your room ticket. you can change time from main to late if they have room you go to a place they tell you when you board to change. It also tells you any excursions you booked in booklet you get. I hope that helps. It has other useful info like if you booked ground transportation, directions etc and cute little tear out cards to give to friends and family about how to contact you. Oh and it has your cabin number in it.

There is usually a drill at about 3pm I think it is when you board.

- was it personalized?

No Dining rotation is not in the docs. You get that on the embarkation. It's on you kttw pass.
But in the docs are our flight times, our port adventures so it is a little personalized.

Cool!!

I couldn't find the booklet for my first trip:confused3
so couldn't remember to tell my sister.

My TA finally let me know that she got the DCL docs today. She also has my docs for 9/21 Contemporary and 9/26 POR and is just waiting for the 10/04 docs to come in before I pick them up - so am guessing I will get them next week.:yay:

Thanks for the feed back!

Cool!!

I couldn't find the booklet for my first trip:confused3
so couldn't remember to tell my sister.

My TA finally let me know that she got the DCL docs today. She also has my docs for 9/21 Contemporary and 9/26 POR and is just waiting for the 10/04 docs to come in before I pick them up - so am guessing I will get them next week.:yay:

Thanks for the feed back!

Oh great re TA and having the docs! Not tempted to get the ones she has so far and go back to get others later or is it far? Me I'm just too excitable and keen lol..

My excitement level is --:yay:

Our first magic bands are here, our second magic bands are shipped and should arrive today and the third will ship around the 9th of September (I think).

Our docs are here with the TA - contemporary and MNSSHP POR stay and waiting for the TOT POR stay. (One trip to the TA rather than 3).

We have actually started talking about what my sister and I are going to pack - so I know when she starts talking we are getting close and excited!
23 days for us!!!!:cool1:

We are debating our food/grocery ideas - i.e. for garden grocer vs fulton's.

so just the last minute details (and the FE of course).

My excitement level is --:yay:

Our first magic bands are here, our second magic bands are shipped and should arrive today and the third will ship around the 9th of September (I think).

Our docs are here with the TA - contemporary and MNSSHP POR stay and waiting for the TOT POR stay. (One trip to the TA rather than 3).

We have actually started talking about what my sister and I are going to pack - so I know when she starts talking we are getting close and excited!
23 days for us!!!!:cool1:

We are debating our food/grocery ideas - i.e. for garden grocer vs fulton's.

so just the last minute details (and the FE of course).

Great! Hope you are getting on ok with your packing list. Do you get one bag each on the flight? What is the weight limit? Ours is 23kg each. We are allowed one bag each. We are coming for 2 weeks so with a cruise and FE it's going to be tight! :-)

Just received a message from one of our members' son. Evelyn Garcia and her son will not be on the cruise with us. As some of you may know she is battling cancer. She is currently in the hospital. Please do not post anything about this on FB because her parents are on FB and at one point they were unaware of her cancer and her getting Chemo. I am sure that they know now but I am honoring Evelyn's wishes and not going to put it on FB. Please keep her family in your prayers. Thanks!

Just received a message from one of our members' son. Evelyn Garcia and her son will not be on the cruise with us. As some of you may know she is battling cancer. She is currently in the hospital. Please do not post anything about this on FB because her parents are on FB and at one point they were unaware of her cancer and her getting Chemo. I am sure that they know now but I am honoring Evelyn's wishes and not going to put it on FB. Please keep her family in your prayers. Thanks!

That is so sad. I will definitely keep her in my prayers.

Great! Hope you are getting on ok with your packing list. Do you get one bag each on the flight? What is the weight limit? Ours is 23kg each. We are allowed one bag each. We are coming for 2 weeks so with a cruise and FE it's going to be tight! :-)

Well, I am a Pualani Gold on Hawaii - so I get 2 bags and since I booked Pamai's as well she will get 2 bags - so that's 4 plus the hand carrys. this is part of our challenge bag space to just lug the FE and Halloween stuff or go ahead and ship it ahead. Hoping to have that figured out within the next two weeks! Then the rest of the way we are first class so there again we get 2 bags!:thumbsup2

Not sure what our weight limit is but around 50lbs (sorry I am guessing your 23kg is the same as ours). Why not check and see if you can send a box to your pre cruise hotel? That is what I am planning if I can't get it to work in the luggage!

That is so sad. I will definitely keep her in my prayers.

Oh no! Definitely hoping and praying for her and her family! Thank you for keeping us in the loop.:grouphug: Strength to Evelyn and her family!

Wonder what we could do to honor her at some point on the trip (in addition to keeping her in our thoughts and prayers). Hmmm maybe a pink shirt on Castaway Cay? I know pink is for breast cancer but I have a few pink shirts and could probably share one with Pamai.

Received our second set of Bracelets - I mean Magic Bands - relooking at my wardrobe to match:rotfl2:

Got my Photopass+ cd with voucher and will pick this up after the cruise at Downtown Disney!

Received our second set of Bracelets - I mean Magic Bands - relooking at my wardrobe to match:rotfl2:

Got my Photopass+ cd with voucher and will pick this up after the cruise at Downtown Disney!

Oh how exciting! Don't forget to pack your flag to wave!

We don't get our Magic Bands at home.
The website of MDE said:
All your MagicBands are customized!
Your MagicBands are shipping soon to either your confirmed shipping address or Walt Disney World Resort hotel.
So they will be waiting for us at POR.

And I got also our Photopass+ yesterday. We will also pick the pass up at Downtown Disney, because we also can get our Disney Gift Card at the Disney Store. We receive that because we booked with the UK site.
So after checking in at the hotel, right to DTD and then to Epcot for our first fastpass+ rides.

Oh how exciting! Don't forget to pack your flag to wave!

And I have my Dutch flag ready for the sail away.
Can't wait to see you all.

3 weeks and we are in the plane to the US.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter