Sept 6th Dream Cruise Review

Do you happen to know what movies they were showing? Miss those navigators that folks would share. Answered a lot of questions with those.
Jungle Cruise, Shang-Chi, and Raya The Last Dragon seemed to be the only ones playing in the main theater.

Jungle Cruise, Shang-Chi, and Raya The Last Dragon seemed to be the only ones playing in the main theater.
Thanks! I was hoping that they would have the Black Widow and that they would still be doing the premieres on the boat the same day as theater releases.

Thanks! I was hoping that they would have the Black Widow and that they would still be doing the premieres on the boat the same day as theater releases.
I was too. They had several repeat showings of Jungle Cruise and Shang Chi so I guess I see why Black Widow wasn't playing. It's all about crowd control right now. However, Shang Chi was really really really good. So be sure to watch it if you like MCU movies.

I was too. They had several repeat showings of Jungle Cruise and Shang Chi so I guess I see why Black Widow wasn't playing. It's all about crowd control right now. However, Shang Chi was really really really good. So be sure to watch it if you like MCU movies.
Will do on the Shang Chi. I heard Disney and Sony had made a deal earlier this year that would have included the Venom series so I was hoping the recently released Venom movie might be on board too. Love being on the boat, good food/drink, Bingo and favorite movies...aahh... toss in the Cay and you can take my money! 😂

We were also on this sailing and went to Pub 687 for trivia every evening. The hosts were from the activities team and they were different almost every night. On the third night, we asked our host if they were bringing back the "adult club" hosts and he said they were not. That they had recently restructured and the club host was no longer a position and the events would continue to be run by the activities team. While we enjoyed all of the trivia we attended, we missed having a consistent host for adult events. He said the only host who is scheduled to return is Tia but it will be in a different capacity. It sounded like this was a permanent change but I hope not!

That's an interesting restructuring. I wonder if perhaps they've (hopefully temporarily) reduced the number of cruise staff on the ships. Under the previous organization, half of the cruise staff team reported to the Club Host and the other half reported to the Bingo Host. Those two host positions then reported to the ACD.

What I find particularly curious about this was what I noticed in one of the audition casting notices for the Wish:
Disney Wish Casting Call Searching for Ship Wide Actors • The Disney Cruise Line Blog
"Ship Wide Actors are improvisational comedians as well as MC's, game show hosts, and more."

The rehearsals were noted as taking place in Toronto in February 2022 with performance contracts ending in October 2022, so it sounded to me like they were taking the "Club Host" non-supervisory responsibilities and moving the positions in with the mainstage performers. I don't know if that's purely because it's the launch of a new ship, or if this is going to expand across the fleet. When they start casting the roles for subsequent contracts, I may consider registering to audition.

That's an interesting restructuring. I wonder if perhaps they've (hopefully temporarily) reduced the number of cruise staff on the ships. Under the previous organization, half of the cruise staff team reported to the Club Host and the other half reported to the Bingo Host. Those two host positions then reported to the ACD.

What I find particularly curious about this was what I noticed in one of the audition casting notices for the Wish:
Disney Wish Casting Call Searching for Ship Wide Actors • The Disney Cruise Line Blog
"Ship Wide Actors are improvisational comedians as well as MC's, game show hosts, and more."

The rehearsals were noted as taking place in Toronto in February 2022 with performance contracts ending in October 2022, so it sounded to me like they were taking the "Club Host" non-supervisory responsibilities and moving the positions in with the mainstage performers. I don't know if that's purely because it's the launch of a new ship, or if this is going to expand across the fleet. When they start casting the roles for subsequent contracts, I may consider registering to audition.
I was talking to a friend who worked for DCL many years ago interesting conversation1AACD157-4284-41D4-AFA7-D9A55464165A.jpeg71B65F73-7164-4A40-B288-8890E3E772A2.jpeg71B65F73-7164-4A40-B288-8890E3E772A2.jpeg

Last edited:
I was talking to a friend who worked for DCL many years ago interesting conversation

That is indeed interesting. (You may want to go back and edit that first screenshot image to redact your name and the other party's name.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter