Sept. vs. Oct.

lmmollohan

Earning My Ears
Okay....we are trying to decide when to visit WDW. It is between Sept and Oct. and we are confused about the pros and cons of each or if it makes much difference.

We will be there for at least 7 days in a tent with small kids. We are staying at FW and our concerns are crowds, heat and the love bugs. Is there much difference between the two months. I have heard about field trips effecting the crowds at EPCOT in October and the Food and Wine Festival too.

Any opinions would be helpful!:D

Thanks,

Lisa

The Food & Wine Festival alone are worth going in October. But there are other reasons not to go in September-- the heat would be worse; there's a greater chance of hurricanes; and, well, there's no Food & Wine Festival!!

October 1 starts the 100 years of Magic celebration of Walt's 100th b-day!!!!! The festivities take place at MGM! This one is a definate not-to-miss....

Oh yeah, I'll be there in October too, so that's an even BETTER reason than Walt's b-day! LOL :)

I've been in both months. In 9/2000 we not only had a hurricane for a day (we went to
the MK anyway--no lines) but the love bugs were absolutly horrible!!!! Sitting by the pool
was out of the question they were so bad. But we were there for DD 1st bday. This year
we are booked for the week of 10/21. Previously in October 10/97 we were lucky enough to
to catch both Food and Wine fest which was good but also the Not so scary halloween
party which was great! The downside tornados and monsoon rains.Some of the tent camping
loops in FW where we were staying were flooded and campers were relocated to other resots
or to the cabins. This happend to another Cincinnati family we ran into while there.
You take a chance either way you go. But I think I'd choose October. Lets us not forget
the MK is 30 this Oct. 1st.! Can't wait to go back. October is too far away...JT

FW CABINS-1985 thru 1998
ALL STAR MUSIC- SEPT 2000
ALL STAR SPORTS- OCT 2001:D

Thanks for the opinions! I am starting to lean towards Oct. We have been to WDW in Sept. and loved it but we had 1 child and 4 adults and AC!! That probably could make all the difference because as I remember it was HOT!

I am still a bit worried about the crowds. We do not drink wine but we do eat:D so I am not sure if the Food and Wine thing is a plus or minus.

We are not going until 2002 so now I am wondering if the Birthday Celebration will be going on still or not. I know Disney tends to stretch their celebrations out for 15 months or more. Does anyone know for sure when it is scheduled to end?

Thanks,

Lisa

we're having to made the same sept or oct choice too. when you have 6 people in tents the rain and the heat are important factors for us!! I think the crowds are heavier in oct. but it may be worth it to get away from the love bugs. After reading several of the boards we are leaning toward oct., prob. 6th-14th We were going to buy hopper passes, but if we buy AP we could go next year too!!

My vote is for October. We've been to WDW several times in October, once in September and once in February. I figured the difference in temperature between September and October wouldn't be too severe (especially since we went at the end of September) but I was wrong. The heat was stifling at times. And then you factor in the love bugs which get to be a little irritating, and that seals the October vote.

September is value month, so you can usually get a better deal than October for prices. Crowds are definitely lower! Temperatures are a little lower in October along with humidity. But for tent camping, that makes a big difference when trying to get comfortable at night to sleep.

:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter