September 10th, 2023 - 7-Night British Isles Cruise from Southampton (Belfast, Greenock, Liverpool, Ringaskiddy, Portland)

Did you go to Edinburgh by train or by bus?
It was a nice day there. We also like Belfast excursions.
Great cruise.

It really was a great cruise! We went by bus and did a tour of the castle there. Then they took us to Holyrood Palace.
Did you go by train?

This was the first year Disney offered an "Edinburgh on your own". We took a train and it was quite nice. There were about 400 others Disney had an entire "special" train complete with guides to get you on and off. We walked to the train station from the ship with our assigned guide. Each car had a guide who answered any questions prior to arrival. The same guide met us in the train station at the end of the day to get us back. The train took almost 2 hours However, the guides told us if Disney likes this option they could shorten the journey by securing a special train, and going during off hours like we did that day and not stopping at Glasgow. I think this is a desirable way to go to Edinburgh, see the countryside, and relax and plan your visit. We liked it! We had been before on the bus and did the Castle and Brittania combo, This time we wanted to walk the city and see Holyrood. Nice to have options.

This was the first year Disney offered an "Edinburgh on your own". We took a train and it was quite nice. There were about 400 others Disney had an entire "special" train complete with guides to get you on and off. We walked to the train station from the ship with our assigned guide. Each car had a guide who answered any questions prior to arrival. The same guide met us in the train station at the end of the day to get us back. The train took almost 2 hours However, the guides told us if Disney likes this option they could shorten the journey by securing a special train, and going during off hours like we did that day and not stopping at Glasgow. I think this is a desirable way to go to Edinburgh, see the countryside, and relax and plan your visit. We liked it! We had been before on the bus and did the Castle and Brittania combo, This time we wanted to walk the city and see Holyrood. Nice to have options.

Sounds like a wonderful day!

We did the same train. We enjoyed Edinburg. Hope you all enjoyed the trip as much as we did.

We did the same train. We enjoyed Edinburg. Hope you all enjoyed the trip as much as we did.
We really enjoyed the cruise and all of the ports. We also did not mind the London to Southamptom as much as we thought we would. We really loved cruising from Dover! It's been almost a week and we are feeling back to normal (ah sleep) and have great memories. Not sure what is next for us but must start the research and planning!
@ Drewsdad which cruise is next for you? Will you continue with DCL?

We really enjoyed the cruise and all of the ports. We also did not mind the London to Southamptom as much as we thought we would. We really loved cruising from Dover! It's been almost a week and we are feeling back to normal (ah sleep) and have great memories. Not sure what is next for us but must start the research and planning!
@ Drewsdad which cruise is next for you? Will you continue with DCL?
Our next cruise is most likely Greece with a small possibility of Alaska. Yes with DCL we enjoy this line and their service.

We both got Covid, we stayed 3 nights in London not sure of when. Then we were jet lagged and just now getting ourselves regular.

The London tubes were scary crowded I was surprosed at how they would pack people in.
Hope you were not too sick and could enjoy some of the ports.
Which was your favorite?
We are looking at DCL Greece too!

Hey. Was the food on board different to the food you get when on an American Disney cruise? Just curious as to whether breakfasts are more catered to a European market as apposed to an American one.

Hey. Was the food on board different to the food you get when on an American Disney cruise? Just curious as to whether breakfasts are more catered to a European market as apposed to an American one.
I was on the 4 night Spain cruise in 2023. As far as I am aware, there was no difference in the breakfast items.

To be honest, we always did room service breakfast because we're sleepy and lazy. But Adam Hattan was on our sailing and released his vlog of the cruise. I remember him showing the breakfast offerings if you want to look it up.

I believe he did opt for a more Brittsh style breakfast, but I think his roommate went for more of an American style. I don't remember for sure though.

We were always booked and leaving for excursions early and so we ate at Cabanas for convenience We are Cabanas type people because of the Variety of selections that was offered. There is somethng for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter