September 2015 Countdown!

DF and I are planning to be there the 10-16! We are waiting for our 7 month booking window to open up and I hope to be able to snag a night or 2 at VGF for my birthday! We plan to meet up with a couple from the UK that we met on the Dream this past September! I can't wait to start planning more concretely next month!

So I am stressing a little about dates here. We have never went in September (we went in February, March, April and June) and originally I picked September 12-19 because it is after the busy first week of the month here at work and was confident in my planning until I realized that Epcot's Food and Wine is likely going on our last day or two there and then that NOJ is going on our first night there (which I was hoping could be a late MK night). Now I am worrying about crouds and second guessing my dates. However we cannot go earlier and if we go later than Epcot will be busy the whole trip.

Can anyone who has went during a time like this in September ease my mind about crowd levels?

Do not fret! According to touring plans website, NOJ is Sept 4-5th so it won't fall during your trip. Also, Food and Wine would probably JUST be starting at the end of your trip, I don't think it will affect you too much.

I have been during the actual NOJ weekend and it didn't affect my touring at all.

Do not fret! According to touring plans website, NOJ is Sept 4-5th so it won't fall during your trip. Also, Food and Wine would probably JUST be starting at the end of your trip, I don't think it will affect you too much. I have been during the actual NOJ weekend and it didn't affect my touring at all.

I agree with you that NOJ has minimal impact. When I checked Touring Plans NOJ was listed for the weekend after Labor Day. Of course nothing is official yet.

I agree with you that NOJ has minimal impact. When I checked Touring Plans NOJ was listed for the weekend after Labor Day. Of course nothing is official yet.

Hmm, it is usually after Labor Day...
WDW official website is Saying Sept 11 - 12th.
disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/night-of-joy/

Sorry for the misinformation! But either way, NOJ impact is really non-existent.

So I am stressing a little about dates here. We have never went in September (we went in February, March, April and June) and originally I picked September 12-19 because it is after the busy first week of the month here at work and was confident in my planning until I realized that Epcot's Food and Wine is likely going on our last day or two there and then that NOJ is going on our first night there (which I was hoping could be a late MK night). Now I am worrying about crouds and second guessing my dates. However we cannot go earlier and if we go later than Epcot will be busy the whole trip.

Can anyone who has went during a time like this in September ease my mind about crowd levels?
Crowd levels are great! It will most likely pick up towards the end of your trip due to the start of F&WF but it's hard to say for sure. Josh at easy WDW is giving it a 3/4. I think you all will be fine.:goodvibes

P.S -- remember to bring ponchos! It has the potential to rain every afternoon!

Thanks guys I just know after all the money and waiting and planning I really want it to be great (due to DH's job we haven't had a true vacation in about 3 years 3.5 by WDW time). I was just stressing because we have always wen in the spring and so the whole concept is different :)

Thanks guys I just know after all the money and waiting and planning I really want it to be great (due to DH's job we haven't had a true vacation in about 3 years 3.5 by WDW time). I was just stressing because we have always wen in the spring and so the whole concept is different :)

Totally understandable! Spring sounds like a scary time to go.
My first trip was back in June 2006 for my HS graduation. It was way crowded, Everest had JUST opened, it rained...and we had a great time! I wish I had documented it better because I can't find any photos :( But unknown to us at the time, my mom had hypothyroidism and she felt awful at times. I'm still hoping they will come on a future trip with us as a do-over.

I tried convincing them to come on this trip but my younger sister is in HS and it's nearly impossible for her to get out of school and stay current in her work.

I will look into this! Thanks :)

Let me know if you find something cheaper by renting points. We're a family of 6 and need a 2 bedroom, and the costs to rent DVC have been crazy. Right now I think we are going to get 2 rooms at a moderate.

We will be at Disney September 13-21. I am thrilled to be joining the group!!! We are doing Pop for 3 nights and Poly for 5 nights. Both of these resorts will be new to us any info would be great. We have stay at POFQ the last 3 visits. We have been to the poly to eat and look around but have not seen the Pop. We are going in blind there. We have never stayed at a value resort. What are the biggest differences between the value and moderate? I know the rooms are smaller but it is a short stay with 3 adults in our party. We will be visiting Epcot on day 1, studios on day 2, and AK on day 3. How are the buses to those areas? Thanks in advance for any input!!:wave2:

so we officially booked the trip! Staying at WL in two rooms...8 of us. Me, my husband, 4 kids and my parents. we are hoping for free dining. :)

SO EXCITED!!!

Let me know if you find something cheaper by renting points. We're a family of 6 and need a 2 bedroom, and the costs to rent DVC have been crazy. Right now I think we are going to get 2 rooms at a moderate.

I didn't even get to look into it, my parents both decided they want to go and want to split the cost, so it works out for us with two connecting rooms...

We have been at the end of September/first few days of October twice and I love that time of year. Crowds are low and even with the start of Food and Wine I didn't notice a huge increase in crowds. Weather is really nice, sunny and hot. Any rain showers that come in never last more than 30 minutes. We just bring a shower liner and throw it over the stroller if it starts to rain.

Very few ride closings during Sept and alot of times they offer free dining so I wouldn't worry much about going any time in Sept or early October.

So we are going to be staying at POR from Sept 25-October 3rd. :dance3::yay:

There will be 12 of us in all. My family of 4, my mom and dad, my brother and my sister, her husband and their 3 kids. :grouphug:

This will be our 4th trip in 9 years. In 2006, 2011 and this year we went at the end of Sept. :) In 2014 we went in Jan and we will never do that again. Crowded, cold and the tour groups!! :scared1:

Looking forward to planning this trip. :goodvibes

So I am stressing a little about dates here. We have never went in September (we went in February, March, April and June) and originally I picked September 12-19 because it is after the busy first week of the month here at work and was confident in my planning until I realized that Epcot's Food and Wine is likely going on our last day or two there and then that NOJ is going on our first night there (which I was hoping could be a late MK night). Now I am worrying about crouds and second guessing my dates. However we cannot go earlier and if we go later than Epcot will be busy the whole trip. Can anyone who has went during a time like this in September ease my mind about crowd levels?

Food and wine: I just saw dates listed as starting on 9/25, so you won't be there for any food and wine festivities.
We went in the past Sept 17-29. Food and wine started the last day we were there. It was busy only in the world showcase. But nothing like I've seen when we've gone in the summer.
It's the best time of the year to go!! Enjoy!

I'm SO bummed that the Food and Wine isn't starting a week early! :sad2:
I was hoping to catch the beginning of it because it sounds awesome. Oh well I guess I have to plan another trip just for that! ;) Maybe next year for my 28th birthday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter