*September 2019 Check-In*

Thanks for the help!
That worked perfectly. I’m not sure why they wouldn’t update all the information locations, but thankful that they finally scheduled fireworks!

New question.... is it possible to see the 9:00 Fantasmic and the 9:30 fireworks?

That’s our arrival day and we live in an eastern time zone area...so the later show of Fantasmic is way late for DH...but Sunday is our only option for both shows :/
Re: F! and fireworks: You can’t get over to Main Street on time to see the fireworks from there, because the crowds trying to move are horrendous, but the view from ROA, where you are watching F! Is quite good. They make announcement suggesting you stay where you are to watch. If you are in a reserved section for a dining package, they will instruct you to stand up. They pipe in the same music and project some of the projections on the water screens. You’ll miss some of the low effects, like if they have fire flares, but all in all, it’s a nice alternative if you only have one night to see both.

Down to 10 days for me. I'm hoping for warm weather but I love the heat.
8 days for us! I’ve been watching 3 different weather reports like a hawk. Weather Underground is showing the first few days of our trip to be right around 80- not too hot! Here’s hoping that continues! I love getting there at opening when it’s nice and cool, and getting out for a break at the hotel midday, when it’s hot and crowded!

Re: F! and fireworks: You can’t get over to Main Street on time to see the fireworks from there, because the crowds trying to move are horrendous, but the view from ROA, where you are watching F! Is quite good. They make announcement suggesting you stay where you are to watch. If you are in a reserved section for a dining package, they will instruct you to stand up. They pipe in the same music and project some of the projections on the water screens. You’ll miss some of the low effects, like if they have fire flares, but all in all, it’s a nice alternative if you only have one night to see both.
I have a variation of that question. Friday is the only F!/fireworks day we'll be in the park. We're leaning more towards focusing on just fireworks (fingers crossed they don't cancel!), but has anyone has luck getting to F! for the later showing after fireworks? We have the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour earlier that day, so the idea of standing for F! at the end of the day isn't too appealing haha

Next week at this time we will be back at our home away from home. Weather looks great and hoping the crowds will be light. Hope to do as much Halloween stuff as we can. We just booked to go back in October with the rest of the family but was heartbroken when I went to book the Halloween Party and it was sold out. Its the only day we could have gone. We will still enjoy our trip but really wanted to see my GS trick or treat.

Holy smokes, y’all. 11 am and RSR is 25 minutes? And FP return time is just 30 minutes! All over the park right now, so many rides are walk on or nearly, or the FP return time is immediate. I know DLR bean counters are upset, but man I’d love it if this pattern holds for our trip next week!
ETA: MFSR, 35 minutes! Only Matterhorn and Soarin are showing much of a wait and a later return time.

These wait times are killing me. Hoping the crowds stay low until after my trip :)

I'm doing my second solo trip September 13 - 17 (taking full advantage of my FlexPass I bought in May) and staying at the Peacock Suites. I haven't been to DLR during Halloween time in over 10 years. I'm super excited for all the decorations and treats.

Our DLR trips have always been busy (August during 60th celebration , May during grad nights) so I should be totally relaxed about crowds- late September crowds won’t be a bad as that even if it gets much busier than it is right now.... however the more I see these lovely short wait times, the more I want them to hold for our trip so we can enjoy them!

I've been stalking the weather forecast and wait times hoping both hold for next week. We have had a miserable rainy summer and these 30 degree days are exactly what I'm after! It's a bonus if they keep the crowds away too.

I've been stalking the weather forecast and wait times hoping both hold for next week. We have had a miserable rainy summer and these 30 degree days are exactly what I'm after! It's a bonus if they keep the crowds away too.
Did a double take on "30 degree days"... oh, Celsius. We leave a week from today, and the forecasts are now up to my birthday, the 13th, and it's looking like it's going to be uncomfortably HOT (for me). 87-89 (Fahrenheit, GeerGirl! :) ) and that's too hot for me. Ah well. Another reason to rope drop and get out midday!

We leave in 7 days!!!! It’s hard to believe it’s almost here!! :banana:
Us, too! :cheer2: Hey, I didn't add you to the list on the front page-- let me know your dates and where you're staying, and I'll add you?

Did a double take on "30 degree days"... oh, Celsius. We leave a week from today, and the forecasts are now up to my birthday, the 13th, and it's looking like it's going to be uncomfortably HOT (for me). 87-89 (Fahrenheit, GeerGirl! :) ) and that's too hot for me. Ah well. Another reason to rope drop and get out midday!

Us, too! :cheer2: Hey, I didn't add you to the list on the front page-- let me know your dates and where you're staying, and I'll add you?

I’m on there! I just need the dates and hotel updated (I think I went through every hotel in Anaheim before finally settling :rotfl:, and we had to shorten the trip a couple of days due to my son’s college classes.

We will be there 9/10 -9/15 and are staying at the Disneyland Hotel (Yay!!!).

Did a double take on "30 degree days"... oh, Celsius. We leave a week from today, and the forecasts are now up to my birthday, the 13th, and it's looking like it's going to be uncomfortably HOT (for me). 87-89 (Fahrenheit, GeerGirl! :) ) and that's too hot for me. Ah well. Another reason to rope drop and get out midday).

That’s a bummer that it is going to warm up again while we are there. Although I’m in Texas, so anything under 100 at this point is a nice break.

I already told my son we are going to rope drop (EMHs), take a break midday, and then close out the parks! So hopefully we will miss the worst of the heat.

Finished some family shirts! The first set has the castle on the front and the Disneyland on the back. I have "squad goals" shirts for my girls but babies are napping in their rooms so I haven't gotten photos of theirs yet - I babysit on Wednesdays.

View attachment 432940

View attachment 432941

2 more wake-ups until we start the journey south!
Oh my gosh. These are AWESOME!

We have 3 nights 9/27-9/29. Planning on the MSEP package 9/27, WOC 9/28 and F! BB package Sunday. I have very mixed feelings about the MSEP package but think it will give us the best opportunity to see the parade and fireworks from Main Street and my hope is that the non-party Friday will be less busy than a party night 9/29, though we are anticipating low crowds for either.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter