**September 2019**

@Kbosch Hope you figured out your park days so you could make some FPs this morning

I need to make a 30 day countdown poster for the kids. I usually start it way earlier but my 3 yo is already antsy about going to 'Dizzy' so I didn't want to amp her up until we were at the final stretch lol

Anyone have a countdown calendar they made?

@Kbosch Hope you figured out your park days so you could make some FPs this morning

I need to make a 30 day countdown poster for the kids. I usually start it way earlier but my 3 yo is already antsy about going to 'Dizzy' so I didn't want to amp her up until we were at the final stretch lol

Well, I don't have kids but I definitely did a labor of love when we made a Disney chain-link calendar with little Mickey faces. https://greylustergirl.com/disney-countdown-chain-tutorial-with-mickey-ears-template/ We also wrote the days left on the chain so she could understand. This was a couple years ago though. We haven't done anything now except I keep teasing her about the Tea in Wonderland party that's a surprise for being a good girl, and if she does her homework (I gotta do homework too) on the trip.

Well, I don't have kids but I definitely did a labor of love when we made a Disney chain-link calendar with little Mickey faces. https://greylustergirl.com/disney-countdown-chain-tutorial-with-mickey-ears-template/ We also wrote the days left on the chain so she could understand. This was a couple years ago though. We haven't done anything now except I keep teasing her about the Tea in Wonderland party that's a surprise for being a good girl, and if she does her homework (I gotta do homework too) on the trip.
This one is very cute - I am going to make it tonight - thanks! Sometimes I get so overwhelmed googling ideas I just quit.

So. Today was the dreaded Tuesday morning FP day. Using the website in incognito mode worked best, but I still had Olaf popping up a lot and could not confirm my first one till 7:17am. The app was useless for me.

Anyway, we’re a party of 6, which I don’t know if that’s considered a lot but we’re used to just the 4 of us. I only checked out SDD availability for 2 days - 60+1 which I knew would have nothing and I was right, and 60+ 6, in which the earliest I could get was 10:25am. Not bad, but I didn’t book it. We’re doing 6am rope drop twice and with the awful tier changes at HS I didn’t feel the need to book any FP there at all.

I got FOP twice. This to me seemed even harder to snag than SDD. Got it for 1:05pm on day 60+4 and 11:25am on day 60+6. These were the EARLIEST times. Surprisingly Expedition Everest was sort of hard to get at a good time, so I didn’t book it. We’ll do it at rope drop.

Every other ride was super available at MK and Epcot, which leads me to believe the crowds are going to be worse at AK and HS than the other 2. I could have booked 7DMT on day 1 (a Saturday, no less)!!!! That’s crazy for how it’s been in the past. I actually didn’t book it because I got it 2 other MK days, no problem.

I already modified some times to get closer together but I’m actually on my way to a local Pittsburgh theme park called Kennywood. I’ll check back later to see what I can change. Good luck to everyone else today!!!

I think it's super smart not using FP+ at HS for now since the tiers are GARBAGE. We still did it because, we just did. I know people said HS was a half-day park before TS, but even with SWGE, it will be a half-day park for me. Bring back Great Movie Ride, fix the tiers and we'll reconsider.

I did! I was able to get FOP on 60+2 at 5pm by like 7:05am, but then couldn't make any more FPs until about 7:20am because I was having the same Olaf issues. I wasn't trying for SDD since I figured my kids would like TSM better if I had to choose between the two, and since HS is our first day I knew there'd be nothing left anyway. I couldn't get 7DMT at 60+1 but got it for 60+3 around 11:30.

I'll probably post a bunch of reservations we're dropping soon too since I moved our plans around. I figured my kids would be more upset about not getting on a ride than not getting to eat at a certain restaurant lol.

Also I totally need to make a countdown calendar too! My kids ask like 3 times a day lol

Oh such a good idea! Might do it the easy way and just use like black, red, yellow and white links though lol

This one is very cute - I am going to make it tonight - thanks! Sometimes I get so overwhelmed googling ideas I just quit.

You're welcome! Your babies should love it. We also make our Mousekeeping Envelopes at the same time and just get those done as well. We did something like this -
But we didn't do it as Minnie, but just plain Mickey.

Also while I'm posting a bunch this morning, has anyone ordered their magic bands yet? I kept telling my sister we needed to order them because there was a limited edition Goofy Movie one I wanted, plus a lot of other cute ones. Of course, she didn't listen to me... and now the cute ones are mostly gone. I am a little peeved cause I love Powerline LOL

did anyone else have issues making FP reservations this morning? It gave me error signs until about 7:25 and by then all the morning FPs for SDD 60 + 6 and FOP 60 + 4 were already gone

did anyone else have issues making FP reservations this morning? It gave me error signs until about 7:25 and by then all the morning FPs for SDD 60 + 6 and FOP 60 + 4 were already gone

I did. I got one right around 7:05 but then after that couldn't make any for about 20 minutes. I had to call them because my sister is supposed to have 5 days of tickets but it only showed up as 4, so I couldn't book FPs for her 5th day. I've been on hold for 29 minutes and counting lol.

Also while I'm posting a bunch this morning, has anyone ordered their magic bands yet? I kept telling my sister we needed to order them because there was a limited edition Goofy Movie one I wanted, plus a lot of other cute ones. Of course, she didn't listen to me... and now the cute ones are mostly gone. I am a little peeved cause I love Powerline LOL

I have tried several times to order the new magic bands but I get an error every time or it will show for a day and disappear. I have tried calling but my kids will usually come in the room (still a surprise for them), so I have to hang up. Waits have been 20+ min for the phones a lot recently. Probably just the times I try.

I use a printable in a frame (with glass) and we write on it with a dry erase marker. I've done all kinds of stuff in the past, but I made this one a couple of years ago and we all seem to like it the best. It's easy and cheap. You could also print whatever you want and laminate it, and have the same effect.

I jumped on mine when they had the ones we wanted. Or mostly, anyway. DD wanted a Minnie Mouse one and it just hasn't been available, so I told her we could decorate a solid one or order a skin for it. She ended up choosing a skin that is super cute, but definitely not Minnie. Whatever... it was cheaper than the upgraded band and she's happy with it.

What is everyone doing to pass the time with their last few weeks until their trips??? September 2 feels like it's ages away, and also tomorrow, and there isn't really any planning left to do, so I'm just stewing in my own excitement right now.

Our trip is later in September, but I am still finalizing a few of our plans. And obsessively looking over my touring plans for each day :rotfl2: Thankfully, my kids start school in 2 weeks, the oldest starts baseball practice soon and the youngest is doing cheer/dance this year so we will be plenty busy until our trip to keep me occupied!

I have tried several times to order the new magic bands but I get an error every time or it will show for a day and disappear. I have tried calling but my kids will usually come in the room (still a surprise for them), so I have to hang up. Waits have been 20+ min for the phones a lot recently. Probably just the times I try.
This is probably just a coincidence, but I have had success twice now ordering the upgraded MagicBands around 9:00/9:30 a.m. EDT (one order for my family, another order for other relatives via their MDE account).

I made a pathetic number of unsuccessful attempts for weeks trying to get those darn bands! That time of morning worked well for me for showing a decent variety of in-stock bands AND, more importantly, actually allowing me to complete the orders! YMMV, of course, but wishing you luck getting the bands you want ASAP! :-)

Glad I found the September thread. We will be offsite 9/21-9/28, then onsite SSR 9/28/-10/1. Was able to get FOP this morning for 5pm on 60+2. Then everest and Safari. For HS @ 60+1 I snagged TSM, then star tours and M3D...but may or may not use it...we hope to leave HS around lunch time and then come back in evening for hopefully addl FP and then Fantasmic Dessert party. I will have to wait a few weeks to book our offsite days. We are doing a MNSSHP and then a day at MK and a day at Epcot. This trip will be myself, hubby and 12yr old daughter and then our friends and their 11yr old daughter. Looking forward to a fantastic trip.

I bought mine the morning they came out at like 5:30am. They mailed them the same week, so we’ve had them in hand for a couple months. I got the Most Magical Castle for myself, Birthday Mickey got my oldest (her bday is our arrival day), Vanellope for my other daughter.

We have a split stay so 2 sets of magic bands. Ordered the first set 6/21: Spaceship Earth for me, POTC for DH. They shipped out 6/22(!). I ordered our 2nd set 7/4: Castle for me, orange for DH. Shipped out 7/10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter